Names from the dog park

Hi! I don’t have any pets, but I recently went to a dog park with a dog my family occasionally dog-sits, and I found a couple interesting names.

There were three [name_u]Oliver[/name_u]/Ollies, a [name_f]Freya[/name_f] and an [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f].

What names have you run into often? I’m now quite curious…

2 Likes

I love this thread!

Freya & [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] are sooo cute for doggies. [name_u]Oliver[/name_u] is too, but wow, three?! Our neighbors do have a black lab called [name_u]Oliver[/name_u]. I meet about one [name_f]Luna[/name_f] for every two or three dogs I meet. I’m totally not exaggerating. I live in St. [name_m]Louis[/name_m]. I’m not sure if you guys know what ‘Yadi’ references, but when my [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] went to doggie daycare, there were usually three or four Yadis in the group of 30ish dogs.

2 Likes

Is [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] your dog, @michelleM? And no, what is the Yadi reference?

There was a sweet little corgi named [name_f]Ava[/name_f] awhile back!

1 Like

I run into a lot of [name_u]Max[/name_u]’s

1 Like

Yep, [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] is that beautiful angel in my profile picture! She doesn’t go to doggy daycare or the dog park much anymore, because she tore both of her knee ligaments. :slightly_frowning_face: She’s recovered enough & still gets long walks & closely supervised playdates, where I watch in horror of her hurting herself again! :joy: Anyway, Yadi is because of the St. [name_m]Louis[/name_m] Cardinals player, Yadier Molina. :baseball:

1 Like

Apparently my dog has a weird name :sweat_smile: her name is [name_f]Shanti[/name_f] she’s my therapy dog and while I didn’t name her my mom did! Weird name apparently for a small toy poodle who usually go by cuter names!

Weird names I met for dogs are:

Ophelia - [name_f]My[/name_f] brother named his dog after his favorite name! [name_m]Feel[/name_m] he should have waited since he now has a daughter with a similar variation!

Bimbo- It’s a brand of bread in Mexico but I found out through American friends it’s an insult here :frowning: I met a cute dog names this however

Finnegan - Such a strange name for a dog his nickname is [name_u]Finn[/name_u]

Richard - Once again my dog :joy: he’s named after my favorite beatle ! I wanted to name him something different but my sister had “joint custody” and is obsessed with the Beatles so we compromised and I still had some say!

2 Likes

I met the most adorable Dalmatian called [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] when out on a jog. :heart_eyes:

I never thought, not in a million years that I would meet someone whose favorite Beatle is [name_m]Ringo[/name_m]! I thought I was the only one. :sweat_smile: [name_u]Love[/name_u] the names of your dogs.

1 Like

Yep, all female dogs are called [name_f]Luna[/name_f] round here too. I’m not exaggerating. Boys are mostly [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] or [name_u]Milo[/name_u] :dog:

2 Likes

That’s interesting, because you’re all the way across the ocean! I’m in the U.S. midwest.

1 Like

I wonder how many Berries have dogs!

1 Like

So many dogs names Wriggly! That’s a name particular to [name_f]Chicago[/name_f] though. Also lots of [name_f]Daisy[/name_f], [name_f]Bella[/name_f], and [name_f]Sophie[/name_f].

1 Like

Hope

1 Like

My dogs are named [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] & Presea

I met two [name_m]King[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] spaniels named [name_m]Tidus[/name_m] & [name_f]Yuna[/name_f] from the video game FFX.

The funniest was I used to call my dog “D.O.G.” As a funny nickname and then I met a lady that actually named her dog that! Pronounced [name_f]Dee[/name_f]-Oh-[name_m]Gee[/name_m]. She took her dog to the vet they asked what it’s name was. When she said it they asked her “How do you spell that?” :joy:

3 Likes

Met quite a few [name_u]Jasper[/name_u]’s and [name_f]Bella[/name_f]’s. Quite a few [name_f]Daisy[/name_f]’s, [name_f]Lily[/name_f]’s, [name_f]Ava[/name_f]’s, [name_f]Cookie[/name_f]!

1 Like

I’ve met 2 [name_u]Bowie[/name_u]’s recently.

My neighbors dogs include: [name_m]Louis[/name_m], [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_u]Mallow[/name_u] (as in Marshmallow), [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], [name_m]Eddie[/name_m], [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f].

Family dogs include: [name_f]Misty[/name_f], Biscuit, Patches, [name_m]Bandit[/name_m], Opie, [name_u]Cody[/name_u], [name_f]Molly[/name_f] (x2), [name_u]Penny[/name_u]

1 Like

I actually dream of owning a pair of french bulldogs one day and I plan on naming them [name_u]Randy[/name_u] & [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. (After the WWE wrestlers) Anyway these are popular dog names I’ve heard a lot:

Lady
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
Buddha
[name_u]Bean[/name_u]
Sparky
[name_u]Scout[/name_u]
[name_m]Bandit[/name_m]
Robber
[name_m]Bear[/name_m]
[name_m]Maxx[/name_m]
[name_u]Harley[/name_u]

1 Like

I met a dog named [name_u]Remy[/name_u] recently and it made me quite happy. Although he was determined to sit on my feet.

Love [name_f]Shanti[/name_f]! We used to know an aussie puppy named that!

2 Likes