Names From The Paralympics

I know that a similar thread was made for the Olympics so I thought of making one for the Paralympics. Overall I think that the names are better than the Olympics. (Maybe this is just personal preference though.) What interesting names have you sighted at the Paralympics???

My favourite Paralympian (and Olympian) is [name]Oscar[/name] Pistorius from South [name]Africa[/name]. Here are some unusual names many English speakers in [name]North[/name] [name]America[/name] wouldn’t hear very often.

Germany - [name]Mareike[/name] and [name]Marieke[/name] (f)
Netherlands - [name]Sanne[/name] (f) [name]Mariska[/name] (f) [name]Mirjam[/name] (f)
[name]France[/name] - Blandine (f) [name]Tanguy[/name] (m)
[name]Italy[/name] - Pierpaolo (m) [name]Immacolata[/name] (f)
Greece - [name]Athanasios[/name] (m) Adamantia (f) [name]Kostas[/name] (m)
Slovenia - [name]Marinka[/name] (f)
Czech Republic - Miroslava (f)
[name]Ireland[/name] - [name]Orla[/name] (f)
Mexico - [name]Porfirio[/name] (m)
Japan - Taemi (f) Nobumasa (m) Shibei (f)
Thailand - Somboon (f)
Kazakhstan - Kabira (f)
Ukraine - Taras (m) Roksolana (f)
Poland - Marcin (m)
Turkey - Erdogan (m) Ozlem (f) Tekin (m)
[name]Brazil[/name] - Neusimar (f) Lucicleia (f)
[name]Argentina[/name] - Froilan (m)

I know its not very unusual but I saw a swimmer called [name]Summer[/name] that I found quite interesting because most [name]Summers[/name] are children.

I was actually at the swimming yesterday and saw her - her fiull name, for some reason it put her middle name up too, is [name]Summer[/name] [name]Ashley[/name] [name]Mortimer[/name], and she’s Canadian.

Most notable names though that stuck out to me from last night’s event:

• Brickelle, USA. Yep, like a brick. Never heard this one before.
  • [name]Susan[/name] [name]Beth[/name], USA. Presuming she’s from the southern states with this one.
  • Two Hungarian swimmers in the same race, both with the first name [name]Tamas[/name]. Assuming it’s a variation of [name]Thomas[/name].
  • [name]Morgyn[/name], UK. He’s male, and though the name’s used more on males over here than it is in the States, it looked to me like quite a feminine spelling.
  • [name]Danylo[/name], Ukraine. I actually quite like this as an alternative to [name]Daniel[/name].

But my absolute favourite, a Slovenian swimmer by the name of [name]Darko[/name] Duric. Yep, his first name’s [name]Darko[/name]. I was cheering him on just for that.