Names from your generation that you miss!

I’ve been thinking about how fascinating name trends are and how much our parents loved the names they gave us and how they were so stylish then and now there’s a new crop of fashionable names or vintage names that have come back into style that would have been “old people” names to them! It makes me wonder what names our kids will like when they have kids and the cycles of names coming back into style.

What names popular in the 70s, 80s or 90s do you still like today?

I like:

Jason - you only really hear [name_u]Jace[/name_u] now

Brandon

Grant

Jonathan

Casey

Christine - this is one that I think will come back around

Vanessa- this is literally on my list today. I dont even care that its considered an 80s name!

Veronica

Felicia

Chelsea - I named my cat this growing up

Natalie - still like this one but have trouble pairing it

I can see an appeal for [name_u]Lindsey[/name_u] and [name_f]Tiffany[/name_f] although they aren’t names I super love. But I think [name_u]Lindsay[/name_u] has a cool sound that I feel could be more modern. And [name_f]Tiffany[/name_f] reminds me of Breakfast at [name_f]Tiffany[/name_f]’s/ [name_f]Tiffany[/name_f] the jewelry store so I’m surprised its not a more timeless name actually.

I like the names,
[name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_u]Marlow[/name_u]
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Molly[/name_f]
[name_f]Aida[/name_f]

I like the names:
[name_u]Taylor[/name_u]
[name_u]Casey[/name_u]
[name_m]Caleb[/name_m]
[name_f]Katelyn[/name_f] (and other spellings)
[name_f]Heather[/name_f]
[name_f]Hailey[/name_f] (and other spellings)
[name_f]Kaylee[/name_f] (and other spellings)
[name_f]Kayla[/name_f]
[name_u]Chelsea[/name_u]
[name_f]Elise[/name_f]
[name_f]Bethany[/name_f]
[name_u]Allison[/name_u]
[name_f]Jessica[/name_f]
[name_u]Cameron[/name_u]
[name_f]Kaylyn[/name_f] (and other spellings)
[name_f]Sarah[/name_f]
[name_u]Alex[/name_u]
[name_m]Alec[/name_m]
[name_f]Ariana[/name_f] (and other spellings)
[name_m]Jason[/name_m]
[name_u]Kendall[/name_u]
[name_f]Mikaela[/name_f] (and other spellings)
[name_f]Tess[/name_f]

I’m probably forgetting quite a few…

I wasn’t born in the 90s but I like [name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u] and [name_f]Vanessa[/name_f] for girls

1 Like

I adore [name_f]Vanessa[/name_f]! it’s absolutely beautiful, like a shimmering purple butterfly :butterfly:

I’d totally use it these days.

I know. I love that [name_f]Vanessa[/name_f] means butterfly! [name_f]Vanessa[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] is my favorite combo with [name_f]Vanessa[/name_f].

1 Like

I like MacKenzie too! I guess my point is though some names seem frozen in time. Like no one is naming their kids Jennifer or Heather or Stephanie or Megan anymore and those names were once so beloved. It’s just interesting to me how certain names go out of style. Yet, I feel like Emily and Emma have survived across generations- that’s interesting to me too!

Yes I feel like some of these names would be refreshing to hear these days!