Names given to family, friends, and acquaintances' babies Jan 2021-Dec2021

It seems i never did a mid year post last year, so I will do the whole year in one post! [name_u]Baby[/name_u] boys born to family and friends in 2021:

[name_u]Asher[/name_u]
[name_m]Barnett[/name_m]
[name_u]Beau[/name_u]
[name_m]Christopher[/name_m]
[name_u]Declan[/name_u]
[name_u]Dylan[/name_u]
[name_m]Emilio[/name_m]
[name_u]Finn[/name_u]
[name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_m]Grant[/name_m]
[name_u]Jackson[/name_u]
[name_u]Leo[/name_u]
[name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_m]Otto[/name_m]
[name_m]Patrick[/name_m]
[name_m]Vincenzo[/name_m]

I think my favorite is [name_m]Otto[/name_m]. What do you think? What names have you heard given to babies recently that you either loved or hated?

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

Is that cat in your profile picture your’s? He/she looks just like my [name_f]Mia[/name_f] that passed away a few months ago. :heart_eyes_cat:

Here are my thoughts-

Asher-Really handsome & kind of cool artsy sort of outdoorsy woodsy guy vibe. That’s a lot of adjectives, but it really fits them all. It’s simple & grows up well.

Barnett-That feels sort of last name-y to me, but it’s not the worst name I’ve ever heard. Maybe kind of heavy. I do like [name_m]Barney[/name_m] or [name_m]Barnes[/name_m] as nn options.

Beau-Meh, not a fan of that one. Feels too abrupt.

Christopher-A bit done to death over the past forty years, but still a handsome name. Especially w/the nn [name_u]Kit[/name_u].

Declan-I love this one. It’s my nine year old nephew’s name. It’s really charming & happy & a little quirky.

Dylan-I like this one too. I know it may be sort of dated, but it has a gentle breeze feel which is really nice.

Emilio-Not quite my style, but a fine name.

Finn-Love [name_u]Finn[/name_u]! One of my favorites. It’s very handsome & sleek but also easily pictured on a little boy playing in the creek.

George-Pretty cute. I like it more in theory than the actual sound, but a good solid name.

Grant-Meh, I’m not big on this one. Maybe it feels kind of 90s.

Jackson-Very over this. I never cared for it to start, but it’s so trendy.

Leo-Getting popular, but really cute & lovable anyway.

Michael-Obviously pretty uninteresting, but not unpleasant.

Otto-I get the appeal. It’s fun & quirky. I just think that I don’t like the way it looks. I have a distant cousin who had a baby [name_m]Otto[/name_m] recently.

Patrick-I love this one. It’s smart & fun & sporty & not heard too often.

Vincenzo-I think that this looks really cool, but is kind of hard to say.

Ooh [name_u]Beau[/name_u] and [name_m]Otto[/name_m] are wonderful!

i love leo, asher & emilio :relieved:

That was my cat Cherub. He was the sweetest!

1 Like