Names I love but I'm too scared to used: Thoughts?

[name_m]Stiles[/name_m]: Teen wolf character? what can stiles be a nickname for?
Alaric:The vampire diaries character? (Alaric Saltzman)
[name_u]Tate[/name_u]: [name_m]Can[/name_m] [name_u]Tate[/name_u] be a nickname for [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]? I love [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]!
[name_m]Lancelot[/name_m]: Arthurian legend… to weird?
[name_m]Azriel[/name_m]: A [name_m]Court[/name_m] of thornes and roses character?
[name_m]Branson[/name_m]: last name of (Tom Branson) from Downton [name_u]Abbey[/name_u]?
[name_u]Niall[/name_u]: I love [name_u]Niall[/name_u] Horan from 1D… be weird to name baby after him?
[name_m]Percival[/name_m]: Arthurian legend… to weird?
[name_u]Brooks[/name_u]: too weird?
[name_m]Calix[/name_m]: too hard? A Selection Series character middle name: (Maxon [name_m]Calix[/name_m] Schreave)
[name_m]Niklaus[/name_m]: The vampire diaries character? (Niklaus Mikaelson)
[name_m]Cassian[/name_m]: A [name_m]Court[/name_m] of thornes and roses character?

[name_m]Stiles[/name_m]: not a big fan
[name_m]Alaric[/name_m]: i think it’s usable
[name_u]Tate[/name_u]: love this and i guess it could work for [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_m]Lancelot[/name_m]: way too gp
[name_m]Azriel[/name_m]: i’m not sure about this one
[name_m]Branson[/name_m]: usable
[name_u]Niall[/name_u]: it isn’t that weird to name after [name_u]Niall[/name_u] Horan
[name_m]Percival[/name_m]: not the most usable
[name_u]Brooks[/name_u]: not AT ALL too weird and i have a close friend named [name_u]Brooks[/name_u]
[name_m]Calix[/name_m]: usable
[name_m]Niklaus[/name_m]: usable
[name_m]Cassian[/name_m]: usable

I actually really like [name_m]Alaric[/name_m], [name_m]Branson[/name_m], [name_m]Calix[/name_m], and [name_m]Cassian[/name_m]!

[name_u]Tate[/name_u], [name_u]Niall[/name_u], [name_u]Brooks[/name_u], and [name_m]Cassian[/name_m] all feel very “normal” to me. I wouldn’t think anything of it if I saw those names being used.

[name_m]Lancelot[/name_m] feels too tied to medieval times for me.
[name_m]Azriel[/name_m] and [name_m]Percival[/name_m] I’m just not a fan of the sounds of it.
[name_m]Niklaus[/name_m] I feel like you would get some pronunciations and spelling issues.

[name_m]Stiles[/name_m]: Teen wolf character? what can stiles be a nickname for?

Not a fan, nothing to do with the show. It is usable though

Alaric:The vampire diaries character? (Alaric Saltzman)

Don’t watch the show so I’m not familiar. I don’t love it but it’s not bad, I thibk I prefer [name_m]Aric[/name_m]

[name_u]Tate[/name_u]: [name_m]Can[/name_m] [name_u]Tate[/name_u] be a nickname for [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]? I love [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]!

Thoedore needs no nn he is perfection, that said I think [name_u]Tate[/name_u] is a stretch as a nn but hey you can use whatever nn you want technically! [name_u]Tate[/name_u] by itself is also very sweet

[name_m]Lancelot[/name_m]: Arthurian legend… to weird?

Yes, weird. Your child would more than likely just go by [name_m]Lance[/name_m]. nms

[name_m]Azriel[/name_m]: A [name_m]Court[/name_m] of thornes and roses character?

Not bad. [name_f]May[/name_f] have some pronunciation issues

[name_m]Branson[/name_m]: last name of (Tom Branson) from Downton [name_u]Abbey[/name_u]?

[name_m]Branson[/name_m], [name_f]Missouri[/name_f]. Don’t love it

[name_u]Niall[/name_u]: I love [name_u]Niall[/name_u] Horan from 1D… be weird to name baby after him?

No different than naming your child after any other celeb. I am not a fan of the name personally

[name_m]Percival[/name_m]: Arthurian legend… to weird?

Not too weird, hope you also like the name [name_u]Percy[/name_u] because that nn is inevitable.

[name_u]Brooks[/name_u]: too weird?

Not weird at all

[name_m]Calix[/name_m]: too hard? A Selection Series character middle name: (Maxon [name_m]Calix[/name_m] Schreave)

A little weird but not too much.

[name_m]Niklaus[/name_m]: The vampire diaries character? (Niklaus Mikaelson)

Not too weird

[name_m]Cassian[/name_m]: A [name_m]Court[/name_m] of thornes and roses character?

Not too weird

Stiles: never watched the show but it reminds me of a sty or a stile fence thing. Not for me
Alaric: I like this name a lot! I don’t think it’s one of those names that is tied to one character
Tate: Tate is brilliant! Theodore “Tate” is a bit of a stretch to me I’m afraid but I guess it could work? Nathaniel “Tate” or Thaddeus “Tate” make a bit more sense
Lancelot: it’s a very bold choice but I kind of like it :woman_shrugging: Lance, Lannie, Otto could be nn
Azriel: I link it more to The Dark Materials series or the angel of death
Branson: it reminds me of Branston pickle, idk if that’s an issue for you.
Niall: Niall is a name in it’s own right and i wouldn’t assume the parents were big 1D fans. Niall is cool
Percival: not weird but i do find Percy more accessible
Brooks: not weird at all! Brooke and Brooklyn have long been in usage. It’s also in the US top 100
Calix: Calix is pretty cool. Reminds me of a mix of Caleb/Callum and Felix and also feels spacey and edgy
Niklaus: never read or watched Vampire Diaries but it’s a solid name though I find it a tad awkward
Cassian: also a star wars character and in use as a name in it’s own right, so not too tied to one character

[name_m]Stiles[/name_m] - love [name_m]Stiles[/name_m], specifically because of the character! not sure I’d use it though, and I think a lot of people would also be reminded of [name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_m]Styles[/name_m] (not a bad association at all, just a strong one!). Maybe [name_m]Stiles[/name_m] could be one of those nicknames that are unrelated to the name! [name_u]Or[/name_u], maybe something like [name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_u]Miles[/name_u] “Stiles” could work?

[name_m]Alaric[/name_m] - haven’t seen the show, so I dont think of it! this name feels magical to me, like the name of a wizard. Definitely think its usable.

[name_u]Tate[/name_u] - [name_u]Tate[/name_u] is cute, but a tiny bit dated to me. I think [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] “Tate” is a stretch, but fine! I think this is another one where you could factor in a middle name and go from there, like [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Nathan[/name_m] “Tate”.

[name_m]Lancelot[/name_m] - definitely a big name, and heavily associated with the knight, but I still love it. I think nn [name_m]Lance[/name_m] makes it more wearable.

[name_m]Azriel[/name_m] - don’t think of the book character, I think of [name_u]Azrael[/name_u] from The Smurfs :sweat_smile: a very cool name, though it does feel very religious, but that might be what you’re looking for.

[name_m]Branson[/name_m] - I’m not a fan of [name_m]Branson[/name_m], it feels trendy and I dont usually like place names. I love the meaning though, and really love nn [name_u]Bran[/name_u]!

[name_u]Niall[/name_u] - maybe not best to name a baby after him, but perfectly fine to be inspired by him. If you like him and love the name, it seems perfectly usable. I personally really like the name!

[name_m]Percival[/name_m] - one of my favorite names, I definitely think its usable!! Its very on trend right now, and nn [name_u]Percy[/name_u] is so sweet. Such a handsome, dashing name.

[name_u]Brooks[/name_u] - nms, but also not weird. it’s actually very popular right now, I see lots of people using the name. I personally prefer [name_u]Brook[/name_u] or [name_u]Brooke[/name_u] myself!

[name_m]Calix[/name_m] - [name_m]Calix[/name_m] is a very cool name, I think most people wouldn’t associate it with the character. I personally think of calyx - the part of a plant. nn [name_u]Cal[/name_u] is sweet. I think the similarity to [name_u]Alex[/name_u] makes it usable.

[name_m]Niklaus[/name_m] - again, dont think of the character, but I really love this name. I especially love it with nn [name_u]Niko[/name_u]! it’s so handsome and sweet.

[name_m]Cassian[/name_m] - definitely dont think of the character, this name seems like its talked about often enough to not have one singular association. I personally prefer [name_m]Caspian[/name_m], but [name_m]Cassian[/name_m] is handsome too!

Names that I’m 99.9% sure CAN work: [name_m]Alaric[/name_m], [name_m]Branson[/name_m], [name_m]Percival[/name_m], [name_u]Brooks[/name_u], [name_m]Cassian[/name_m]
No major problems with the others that I’ve noticed
I don’t see why [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] ‘Tate’ wouldn’t work
(Also I love Azriel!)