names in the (sort of) news

I saw two (very different) articles on two very different non-name-oriented websites recently and thought others might find them interesting.

This first is a discussion on psychology, linguistics, and even marketing aspect of naming - especially when it come to making up new names:
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/crux/2013/02/07/the-more-names-change-the-more-they-sound-the-same#.URzgdVpeuFe

The second is a more lighthearted analysis of whether the movie Heathers caused the decline in the name [name]Heather[/name] (warning - it does open with an expletive):

Enjoy!

I love that first article! When the author talked about [name]Cassidy[/name]'s study, I was reminded of the “Bouba/[name]Kiki[/name]” effect (Bouba/kiki effect - Wikipedia)

And… Slayden? Oh, dear. :slight_smile:

I don’t have anything deep and meaningful to contribute at the moment, but that first article was especially fascinating, and I thank you for sharing! :slight_smile:

I like first article, expect last line. I don’t see why [name]Jaden[/name] can’t be president, if [name]Barack[/name] [name]Obama[/name] can.