Names like Abram

So I can not sell my husband on [name_m]Abram[/name_m], I am not throwing in the flag yet but was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for names like [name_m]Abram[/name_m]. (Note [name_m]Abraham[/name_m] is also off the table).

We already have an [name_m]Ivan[/name_m] [name_m]Warren[/name_m], we are looking for a sibset for him.

Other names I like are [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], [name_m]Malcolm[/name_m], and [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]. I basically love old man/ but not middle age man/ names!

Does he like [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], [name_m]Malcolm[/name_m] or [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]?

[name_m]Oswald[/name_m] - NN [name_m]Ozzie[/name_m] is what popped in my head first!

He’s iffy but not sold on [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], and a hard no on [name_m]Malcolm[/name_m] and [name_m]Arthur[/name_m].

Bummer, I love [name_m]Abram[/name_m]! Would he go for [name_m]Abel[/name_m]? or just [name_m]Bram[/name_m]?
how about…
[name_m]Walter[/name_m]
[name_m]Arnold[/name_m]
[name_m]Thurston[/name_m]
[name_m]Archer[/name_m]
[name_m]Miles[/name_m]
[name_m]Thaddeus[/name_m]
[name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_u]Elias[/name_u]
[name_u]Grady[/name_u]
I know a tow little [name_m]Abe[/name_m]'s and their brothers are named Aeson, [name_m]Zane[/name_m], [name_m]Jack[/name_m], [name_m]Tobias[/name_m], [name_u]Dylan[/name_u]. (that’s a lot of boys)

I have all those names on my list. I love [name_m]Abram[/name_m] and [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] especially.
[name_m]How[/name_m] about:

[name_u]Arlo[/name_u]
[name_u]Asa[/name_u]
[name_m]Bruno[/name_m]
[name_m]Clyde[/name_m]
[name_u]Dexter[/name_u]
[name_m]Ephraim[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m]
[name_m]Harold[/name_m]
[name_m]Harry[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_u]Lionel[/name_u]
[name_m]Leon[/name_m]
[name_u]Lyle[/name_u]
[name_m]Milo[/name_m]
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
[name_m]Otis[/name_m]
[name_m]Otto[/name_m]
[name_u]Rex[/name_u]
[name_u]Roscoe[/name_u]
[name_u]Wallace[/name_u]
[name_m]Walter[/name_m]
[name_m]Wiley[/name_m]
[name_m]Zev[/name_m]

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you like [name_m]Abram[/name_m] because it’s biblical, or just because it has that "old grandpa"feel to it? Is it possible that the reason your husband doesn’t like it is because it sounds old? I personally think that [name_m]Abram[/name_m] is ripe for being the next adorable boy name, but I haven’t been able to convince my hubby, either. :confused:

“Bearded Prophet” Bible names you might like:

[name_m]Amos[/name_m]
[name_u]Asa[/name_u]
[name_m]Boaz[/name_m]
[name_m]Eli[/name_m]
[name_m]Ephraim[/name_m]
[name_m]Enoch[/name_m]
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m]
[name_m]Gideon[/name_m]
[name_m]Isaiah[/name_m]
[name_m]Japheth[/name_m]
[name_m]Jethro[/name_m]
[name_m]Job[/name_m]
[name_m]Moses[/name_m]
[name_m]Reuben[/name_m]
[name_m]Simeon[/name_m]
[name_m]Solomon[/name_m]
[name_m]Zebedee[/name_m]

HTH!!

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you like [name_m]Abram[/name_m] because it’s biblical, or just because it has that "old grandpa"feel to it? Is it possible that the reason your husband doesn’t like it is because it sounds old? I personally think that [name_m]Abram[/name_m] is ripe for being the next adorable boy name, but I haven’t been able to convince my hubby, either. :confused:

“Bearded Prophet” Bible names you might like:

[name_m]Amos[/name_m]
[name_u]Asa[/name_u]
[name_m]Boaz[/name_m]
[name_m]Eli[/name_m]
[name_m]Ephraim[/name_m]
[name_m]Enoch[/name_m]
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m]
[name_m]Gideon[/name_m]
[name_m]Isaiah[/name_m]
[name_m]Japheth[/name_m]
[name_m]Jethro[/name_m]
[name_m]Job[/name_m]
[name_m]Moses[/name_m]
[name_m]Reuben[/name_m]
[name_m]Simeon[/name_m]
[name_m]Solomon[/name_m]
[name_m]Zebedee[/name_m]

HTH!!

I also like [name_u]August[/name_u], and “[name_u]Gus[/name_u]” would be a perfect old-guy nickname. :slight_smile:

I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_u]August[/name_u]/[name_m]Augustus[/name_m] but it’s a no go for my hubby. Same deal for [name_m]Abel[/name_m].

I’m not after a biblical name, I just like names that have history, and where in a good way you can feel the passage of time.