Names like Bodhi...

So we only agree on 2 names for your #3 [name]Jeronimo[/name] and [name]Bodhi[/name]. Neither feel perfect. I like the free spirited feel and sound of [name]Bodhi[/name]. I also like that it is relatively easy to say and short. My other children are [name]Lila[/name] (leelah) and Mir” (mih ROW). We are really stuck on names and need major help. I am sorry for my numerous posts. I NEED help! Thanx [name]Meryl[/name]

What about [name]Micah[/name]?
or

[name]Boaz[/name]
[name]Eben[/name]
[name]Malachi[/name]
[name]Amos[/name]
[name]Zebulan[/name]
Jaroah

[name]Rollo[/name] thank you for your response

[name]Micah[/name]- my friend has a female micah so the name is ruined for me
[name]Boaz[/name]- love but DH hates
[name]Eben[/name]- mm interesting will have to think this one over
[name]Malachi[/name]- [name]LOve[/name] dh hates
[name]Amos[/name]- not sure how I feel about this one
[name]Zebulan[/name]- nice i like but Dh does not like names starting in Z

What about [name]Che[/name] pronounced [name]CHAY[/name]?

What about…

[name]Wade[/name]
[name]Asa[/name] (A-sa)
[name]Rio[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name]
[name]Dane[/name]
[name]Boone[/name]
[name]Phoenix[/name]
[name]River[/name]
[name]Emmett[/name]
[name]Rex[/name]
[name]Colt[/name]
[name]Cody[/name]
Lodi (lo-dye)

I really like [name]Bodhi[/name].

[name]How[/name] about:
[name]Ezra[/name]
[name]Brooks[/name]
[name]Orion[/name]
[name]Inigo[/name]
[name]Tibor[/name]
[name]Cy[/name]
[name]Dante[/name]
[name]Axel[/name]
[name]Penn[/name]
[name]Sayer[/name]
[name]Quill[/name]
[name]Dmitri[/name]
[name]Lucius[/name]
[name]Soren[/name]
[name]Ari[/name]
[name]Piers[/name]
[name]Reeve[/name]
[name]Dax[/name]

I would only use [name]Che[/name] if you are seriously ready to deal with the baggage that a name like [name]Che[/name] entails. [name]Che[/name] [name]Guevara[/name] is/was such a hero in some countries, completely revered, and in other countries, he was absolutely despised. He has such a revolutionary spirit that I’m not sure all boys could keep up with. Also, keep in mind that [name]Che[/name] simply means “buddy” or “pal” or “dude” in [name]Argentina[/name] (which is why [name]Che[/name] [name]Guevara[/name] decided to take this on as his name), so if your son ever ended up traveling to/living in [name]Argentina[/name], it could get annoying/confusing. However, [name]Che[/name] does has a nice sound to it. With another son named Mir”, it seems as if you’re already used to having a “famous” name in the family, so [name]Che[/name] might not be an issue. Best wishes!

I have a [name]Bodhi[/name] in my family and absolutely love it. Hardly anyone can spell or pronounce it at first but mostly everyone comes around (except for my grandmother. I will forever be fixing [name]Bodhi[/name] from Bohdi on his birthday cakes).

I’d love to give you other names they considered before deciding on [name]Bodhi[/name] but my uncle had the name decided long before they were pregnant and would send little gifts and cards to my Aunt signed by non-existant or barely-there [name]Bodhi[/name], so by the time she was pregnant and delivering, she loved it. I’ll give you a few that they liked and tossed around for his brother:

[name]Osiris[/name] “[name]Si[/name]”
[name]Reid[/name]
[name]Bram[/name]
[name]Olivier[/name]
(W)[name]Ren[/name]
[name]Klaus[/name]
[name]Lief[/name]
[name]Crosby[/name]
[name]Aris[/name]
Mathai
Thai
[name]Kai[/name]
[name]Nesta[/name]
Nox
[name]Basil[/name]
[name]Barnaby[/name]
[name]Blaine[/name]
Bane
[name]Galen[/name]
[name]Brooks[/name]
[name]Matteo[/name]

Names that you could possibly work with [name]Lila[/name], Miro, ([name]Jeronimo[/name]), ([name]Bodhi[/name])
[name]Moss[/name]
[name]Leon[/name]
[name]Jules[/name]
[name]Cassius[/name]
[name]Lucien[/name]
[name]Benoit[/name]
[name]Alby[/name] (all-bay/al-bay)
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Massimo[/name]
[name]Giacomo[/name]
[name]Nigel[/name]
[name]Oran[/name]
[name]Noe[/name]
[name]Nikolai[/name]
[name]Shia[/name]
[name]Rosco[/name]
[name]Colm[/name]
[name]Joaquin[/name]
Acer

Unfortunately, don’t really have any other alternative name suggestion. But just wanted to add that I love the name [name]Bodhi[/name]. A good friend of mine just recently gave birth to her first son. And she named her son [name]Bodhi[/name].

[name]ADORE[/name] the name [name]Bodhi[/name]! If my bf liked it, it would definately be on my top 5.

I [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Bodhi[/name]! But if it doesn’t “feel right” then it’s probably not right. I personally think you should go with your gut instinct and when you hear the right name then you’ll know.

I really love Miro - presumably after the painter? If that’s the case, have you considered any other artists (or maybe artworks or art references??) that you like? Assuming it is after the painter and assuming you therefore like abstract or surrealist art (making a huge assumption here, sorry!!), I’ve dug out my copy of [name]Art[/name] Of The 20th Century and a quick flick through I can see…

Dali (the obvious one!)
[name]Rene[/name] (as in Crevel)
[name]Max[/name] (as in [name]Ernst[/name])
[name]Ilya[/name] (as in Ehrenburg)
[name]Enzo[/name] (as in Cucchi)
[name]Caspar[/name] (as in [name]Friedrich[/name])
[name]Klee[/name] (“klay”, as in [name]Paul[/name])
Rilke (as in [name]Rainer[/name] [name]Maria[/name])
Err”
Koumi (as in Sugai)
Fabro (as in [name]Luciano[/name])
Rothko (as in [name]Marc[/name])
Degas (“day-ga”, as in [name]Edgar[/name])

…I’m sure there’s tons more.

There are also a lot of really lovely Russian names that I really love that sound beautiful to say, such as:

Mishka / [name]Misha[/name]
[name]Kolya[/name]
[name]Yuri[/name]

Anyway, I hope you find the perfect name!

Also I agree with the [name]Che[/name] comment by ephysmomma - it’s a pretty weighty name and although I think most people would like it, it has a lot of implications. It’s a lovely sounding name though - why not something similar but less political, such as [name]Cy[/name] (perhaps as in [name]Cy[/name] Twombly, one of my favourite painters!).

Than you all for posting responses all very helpful.

Violet1- love your list. [name]Rio[/name] and [name]River[/name] were on our top 5 list when we had Miro. WE cannot use [name]Rio[/name] know as it sounds very similar to Miro (mih row). I have been put off [name]River[/name] after meeting 3 in the same week, all toddlers. [name]Boone[/name] is super cute will run it by DH.

Leah_9- thank you for your list! [name]Love[/name] the names [name]Ezra[/name], [name]Reeve[/name], and [name]Penn[/name] DH said no to all of them :cry: I like the idea of [name]Tibor[/name] will think that one over. I googled it and it is pronounced T bore mmmm I liked it more when i say it Tih bur.

ephysmomma- I think you are right about [name]Che[/name]. It does have a great sound but maybe there is too much bad blood behind the name. Miro is named after the artist but so many ppl dont get the association even when I tell them! I think it is different with an artist people can love or hate their work but they dont have strong feeling about the person. With political figures it is different.

alexandramae- Thank you for sharing about the little [name]Bodhi[/name] in your family. Your aunt and uncle had an amazing name list! I love [name]Basil[/name] but DH said he cannot love a kid named [name]Basil[/name], I know the guy is [name]DRAMA[/name]. [name]Love[/name] [name]Reid[/name], but a lil too pop for me. I like [name]Wren[/name] DH said no. From your list I love [name]Joaquin[/name]. AS a little girl, being name obsessed, I thought I would have twins named [name]Joaquin[/name] and [name]Jericho[/name], plus another boy named [name]Cortez[/name]. Unfortunately DH hates those names. [name]Love[/name] [name]Moss[/name] and [name]Leon[/name] but I do not want to repeat letters and I already have a [name]Lila[/name] and Miro.

ninasapphira and sara_1211- thank you for the encouragement of [name]Bodhi[/name]. I am liking the name more and more. I envy those women who just “know” what they are gonna name their baby the second the sperm hits the egg. With both my other kids it was a last min decision had the hospital after going over a million names for 9 months. I did have a short list at the hospital but still the social security lady was so annoyed watching us argue over middle names lol.

alphalpha- I agree with you about [name]Che[/name]. Yes Miro is named after the artist my DH is an artist BUT we are not sure we want to continue with other artist names just because we dont want to continue a theme. WE are open to having more kids so we would feel bad if 2 boys have artists names one doesn’t because we couldn’t agree on a third artist. I do [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Enzo[/name] that is on your list DH likes it too, but lower case likes. I would consider Rothko as a middle name. Thanks for your input.

What do you berries think of [name]FYFE[/name]/ [name]FIFE[/name] does it look too much like [name]Lila[/name] (leelah) and MIro (mih row) ?

[name]Lila[/name], Miro (love these, btw) and:

[name]Axel[/name]
[name]Crew[/name]
[name]Cruz[/name]
[name]Poe[/name]
[name]Silas[/name]
[name]Birch[/name]
[name]Zion[/name] (maybe taken over by the girls now, but i still love it)

hope these spark an idea for you.

Hmm, what about [name]Bede[/name]?

You’re quite welcome. They named their second son [name]Mateo[/name] [name]Reid[/name]. Uncle wanted [name]Logan[/name] [name]Reid[/name] but you just can’t have a [name]Logan[/name] next to a [name]Bodhi[/name]. I think he just wanted a laidback feeling name. My Aunt knew the second she heard me mention [name]Mateo[/name] that she wanted to use it. It took a lot of convincing for my Uncle. We told the whole family and then I did what my Uncle had done for [name]Bodhi[/name] – I mailed him cards from little [name]Mateo[/name]. It grew on him. Plus, what would he tell his kids when they found all the cards from some kid named [name]Mateo[/name]? Hahaha. I was at the birth of [name]Teo[/name] and we taped up a piece of posterboard where people could write middle name suggestions down. We got the nurses and everything involved. In the end, Uncle kept quiet about what he put on the birth certificate. We didn’t find out what the mn was until the birth announcements came out a few weeks later.

Instead of [name]Fife[/name], what do you think of [name]Fifer[/name]? I was thinking [name]Michelle[/name] Pfieffer but her name is just too complicated.

I can’t remember all the names I suggested already but what about:

Miro, [name]Lila[/name] and [name]Noble[/name]
Miro, [name]Lila[/name] and [name]Frost[/name]
Miro, [name]Lila[/name] and [name]York[/name]
Miro, [name]Lila[/name] and [name]Otto[/name]
Miro, [name]Lila[/name] and [name]Ash[/name]
Miro, [name]Lila[/name] and [name]Soren[/name] (I love this)
Miro, [name]Lila[/name] and [name]Elian[/name]
Miro, [name]Lila[/name] and [name]Abel[/name]
Miro, [name]Lila[/name] and [name]Cairo[/name]
Miro, [name]Lila[/name] and [name]Vitaly[/name]
Miro, [name]Lila[/name] and [name]Asa[/name]
Miro, [name]Lila[/name] and [name]Atlas[/name]
Miro, [name]Lila[/name] and [name]Apollo[/name]
Miro, [name]Lila[/name] and Fawkes
Miro, [name]Lila[/name] and [name]Ramsey[/name]
Miro, [name]Lila[/name] and [name]Ramsay[/name]
Miro, [name]Lila[/name] and [name]Eames[/name]
Miro, [name]Lila[/name] and Ames
Miro, [name]Lila[/name] and [name]Elder[/name]
Miro, [name]Lila[/name] and [name]Graeme[/name]
Miro, [name]Lila[/name] and [name]Artemis[/name]
Miro, [name]Lila[/name] and [name]Ozma[/name]
Miro, [name]Lila[/name] and [name]Amos[/name]
Miro, [name]Lila[/name] and [name]Egan[/name]
Miro, [name]Lila[/name] and [name]Zen[/name]
Miro, [name]Lila[/name] and [name]Zion[/name]
Miro, [name]Lila[/name] and [name]Kiefer[/name]
Miro, [name]Lila[/name] and [name]Alexei[/name]
Miro, [name]Lila[/name] and [name]Noam[/name]
Miro, [name]Lila[/name] and [name]Naim[/name]

I know you’ve already had a plethora of names to choose from but I thought I’d throw a few more out there, the more the merrier right :slight_smile: I love [name]Lila[/name] and Miro and think [name]Bodhi[/name] matches their style wonderfully but some other suggestions (I’ll try to steer clear of repeating letters and endings)…

[name]Esai[/name] (ee-sye)
[name]Cove[/name]
[name]Culley[/name]
[name]Emrys[/name] (em-reese)
[name]Elias[/name]
[name]Keir[/name]
Costas
[name]Laszlo[/name]
[name]Rhodri[/name]
[name]Ozias[/name]
[name]Rue[/name]
[name]Sayre[/name]
[name]Sully[/name]

deesa- Like [name]Crew[/name] but its taken by a friends son. [name]Axel[/name] seems like it should work but its too hard sounding for me. ooh I forgot about [name]Silas[/name] let me see if DH likes it. Thanx!

alexandramae- Super cute [name]Mateo[/name] [name]Reid[/name] love it. My uncles name is [name]Mateo[/name] so that why i would not use it. nickname [name]Teo[/name] is the cutest. you have wonderful taste! many of these on you list were on my list the erased by DH booh :cry: [name]Noble[/name], [name]Atlas[/name] and [name]Abel[/name] were erased. If you think of any more pls post the. Thanx

alexa400- PLEASE keep the names coming. I have gotten so many great suggestion but still I havent found the one! I mentioned [name]Cove[/name] a few weeks ago but DH said its too fem. I love [name]Lazlo[/name] and [name]Lazaro[/name] but we already have a [name]Lila[/name] so we don’t want another L. Thanx

Alexandramae- I like [name]Fife[/name] better than fifer because I don’t like the [name]Michelle[/name] phipher(sp) association.

WDYT of [name]Huckleberry[/name] and [name]Fritz[/name]?

It seems like with names [name]Lila[/name] and Miro, another Spanish name or word would work well for #3. Here are a couple of suggestions:

[name]Lucio[/name]
[name]Adan[/name]
[name]Arlo[/name] (this one sound good with [name]Lila[/name] and Miro)
[name]Cielo[/name] (I really like the way this sounds with [name]Lila[/name] and Miro)
[name]Indio[/name]
[name]Carlo[/name]
[name]Chaco[/name]
Cicso
[name]Cesar[/name]
[name]Fredo[/name]
[name]Marco[/name]
[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Lago[/name]
[name]Luca[/name]
[name]Matteo[/name]
[name]Matias[/name]
[name]Nelo[/name] (This also sounds nice with [name]Lila[/name] and Miro)
[name]Oro[/name]
[name]Rico[/name] (I would suggest [name]Rio[/name] but it sounds too similar to Miro)
[name]Tavo[/name]

Best of luck! Let us know what you guys decide on! I think you have lovely taste in names.

ok so I thought of some more

[name]Amadeo[/name]
[name]Carlo[/name]
Corso
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Fiero[/name]
[name]Indigo[/name]
[name]Omri[/name]
[name]Ozias[/name]
[name]Raoul[/name]
[name]Remo[/name]
[name]Rollo[/name]