Names like Emily and advice on name change

You all are probably sick of my posts, but I’m looking to change my name and am looking for either nickname options or alternative names that would be easy to change to if I legally changed it.

My name is spelt [name_f]Emilie[/name_f], but I’ve never really liked how popular my name was, and how I always have to correct people when they spell it wrong (especially since it is so popular). My last name is also very common, and starts with an E, so I’ve never felt like my name was very distinguishable. I also don’t really like how my initials are EE, but I’m not as bothered about that.

I can’t fall back on my middle name, both because it is my grandmother’s name and we see each other often enough to where it would be confusing, and because it isn’t any better than my first name (in my opinion).

I’ve considered [name_f]Emilia[/name_f], [name_u]Emery[/name_u], or [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f], but I’m not the biggest fan of [name_u]Emery[/name_u] (too unisex for me, I prefer more feminine names), and I like [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] and [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] because I could still use my birth name as a nickname if my family didn’t catch on. I prefer them both to [name_f]Emilie[/name_f] but I’m not sure they really suit me (although [name_f]Emilie[/name_f] doesn’t either).

Nicknames wise, the only ones that are really obvious for me are [name_f]Emma[/name_f] and [name_f]Millie[/name_f], neither of which I like (although I prefer [name_f]Millie[/name_f] to [name_f]Emma[/name_f]). I’ve seen [name_f]Lily[/name_f] used, which I like, as well as [name_u]Lee[/name_u], but i’m not sure how I feel about [name_u]Lee[/name_u] and I don’t know if [name_f]Lily[/name_f] is too much of a stretch.

I also don’t know if I want to just completely pick a new name. If I did, I’d use my current first name as a middle and have my current middle as a second middle, if that makes sense.

Suggestions for anything would be great. I’m still on the fence about changing my name. I’ve wanted to since I was little, because i’ve never liked my name and i’ve never thought it suited me. I’ve never liked how popular my name was, especially paired with my last name but at the same time, I don’t want to offend my parents by changing it or overcomplicate things for the rest of my family. It just seems really awkward to change it, even if it is just as simple as changing it from [name_f]Emilie[/name_f] to [name_f]Emilia[/name_f]. It also seems really bothersome to go through all the legal stuff, which is why I’d prefer a nickname to actually changing my legal name.

Thanks everyone!

You’ll run into the same problems with [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] because of [name_f]Amelia[/name_f].

I’d go with [name_f]Milly[/name_f] as it doesn’t involve legally changing your name and it’s a natural nickname rather than a contrived one. [name_f]Milly[/name_f] is lovely

I like [name_f]Milly[/name_f] and I would also mention [name_f]Lia[/name_f]. You could definitely get that from [name_f]Emilia[/name_f], but I think you could get if from [name_f]Emilie[/name_f] as well.

I think you should keep [name_f]Emilie[/name_f].