Names like Olive??

Hey Berries,

I like [name]Olive[/name], but I’m not sure that I love it. I really dislike the popularity of [name]Olivia[/name], any other suggestions??

Also, any other name with “V” in it?? I’m starting to like them a lot :slight_smile:

Thanks Again, Berries

~[name]Jasmine[/name]

[name]Tess[/name] and [name]Phoebe[/name] seem to be similar in style to [name]Olive[/name] for me. [name]Hazel[/name], too.

I love “V” names! At one point I considered using all “V” names:

[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Giovanna[/name]
[name]Olivia[/name] (although I’m guessing this is a no. haha)
[name]Levi[/name]
[name]Vincent[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name]

I loved that sibset. Although I wouldn’t use half of them anymore. I think [name]Maeve[/name], [name]Geneva[/name], [name]Victoria[/name], [name]Ava[/name]/[name]Aviana[/name], [name]Aveline[/name], etc. are great options, too. Or even [name]Caoimhe[/name]? It doesn’t have the “V” in it, but it has a strong “V” sound.

Thanks [name]Ashley[/name]!!

[name]Levi[/name] is my little bro’s middle name. :slight_smile:
I just discovered [name]Vienne[/name], like, two minutes ago (well, from the movie Chocolat) and I love that!! I love [name]Caoimhe[/name]!! But it is very close to [name]Ciara[/name] ([name]Keira[/name]) which is on my list, sort of like the whole [name]Rory[/name]-[name]Brody[/name] thing. :frowning:

Thanks for the suggestions, hun!! They’re great!!

~[name]Jasmine[/name]

What is it you love about [name]Olive[/name]? [name]How[/name] does the name feel to you? To me, at first it feels cute and humble, and it has a real sense of humor about itself. But then when you consider the briny oily deliciousness of olives, and the beauty of olive trees, the name feels more serious and evocative. If you can identify what quality you like in [name]Olive[/name], it will be easier to help you. Is it the “[name]Liv[/name]” sound? Are you a Popeye fan? No teasing intended - who doesn’t love [name]Olive[/name] Oyl?

Names that remind me of [name]Olive[/name] are

[name]Nell[/name]
[name]Rue[/name]
[name]Fern[/name]
[name]Plum[/name]
[name]Darby[/name]
Tamsen
[name]Ada[/name]
[name]Bette[/name]
[name]Etta[/name]

…these just ‘feel’ similar in the way that I imagine quirky-quiet-but-hilarious once you get to know them types

[name]Lavinia[/name]
[name]Lavender[/name]
[name]Laverne[/name]
[name]Verna[/name]
[name]Viva[/name]
[name]Velma[/name]
[name]Elvira[/name]
[name]Devon[/name]
Avonlea
[name]Belva[/name]
[name]Beverly[/name]
[name]Yvette[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Eve[/name]
[name]Eva[/name]
[name]Ava[/name]
[name]Ever[/name]
[name]Everly[/name]
[name]Haven[/name]
[name]Ivanna[/name]
[name]Mavis[/name]
[name]Nova[/name]
[name]River[/name]
[name]Veda[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name]
[name]Viola[/name]

I actually don’t know!! Well, I hate the taste of olives. :slight_smile:

I get that whole “cute and humble” thing, and I do like Popeye, but I’m not a huge fan :slight_smile:
My name ([name]Jasmine[/name]) is a flower that is of the [name]Olive[/name] family. :slight_smile:

I guess I just like the name, I like [name]Oliver[/name] for a boy as well, so some names like [name]Olive[/name] would maybe give me the possibility to use both names??

~[name]Jasmine[/name]

Thanks a lot @taz… it really helps :slight_smile:

~[name]Jasmine[/name]

[name]Lilac[/name] is another plant in the olive/jasmine family. And [name]Lilac[/name] seems closer to your name, because it’s incredibly fragrant like jasmine. [name]Lilac[/name] seems fresh to me, yet also very feminine. Then there’s [name]Olea[/name], which lacks the V, but means olive and has a nice gentleness to it. [name]Oliver[/name] is super cute for a boy.

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Olive[/name]. It’s my top pick but the other half would never go for it. I get a clunky but cool vibe.

Others you might like:
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Ingrid[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
Elowen
[name]Coral[/name]
[name]Opal[/name]
[name]Agnes[/name]

Contains v:
[name]Clover[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Sylvie[/name]