Names like Reece and Clark

We have loved [name]Clark[/name] for a long time, but it’s too similar to our nephew’s name, [name]Cole[/name], for my comfort. My husband just told me he loves [name]Rhys[/name], but I only [name]Ike[/name] the [name]Reece[/name] spelling. These names seem to be the same sort of style, but I don’t know what style that is! Any suggestions of similar names?

Ummm…Short surnames that have successfully crossed over to common first name territory?

[name]Grant[/name]
[name]Gray[/name]
[name]Graham[/name]
[name]North[/name]
[name]Tate[/name]
[name]Pierce[/name]
[name]Reid[/name]
[name]Brock[/name]
[name]Trent[/name]

That’s a good description, thank you!

I love [name]Graham[/name] in theory but it reminds me too much of Grandma “[name]Gram[/name]”. [name]Grant[/name] is a great suggestion, it’s even a family name! But it’s my cousins middle and I don’t want to steal it from him, but I do love it! [name]Tate[/name] I am on the fence with, I sort of love it but something holds me back. I really love [name]Reid[/name]!

Update! Hubby started liking [name]Reece[/name]! We’re talking about using it instead of [name]Lincoln[/name]… Eek!

P.S. It’s not that I don’t like the [name]Rhys[/name] spelling, it’s just not right for me. I think it’s great for other people but I would feel like an imposter or something having a son name [name]Rhys[/name].

More ideas-
[name]Bryce[/name]
[name]Drew[/name]
[name]Brady[/name]
[name]Ellis[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Callum[/name]
[name]Sutton[/name]
[name]Evan[/name]
[name]Blaine[/name]
[name]Bennett[/name]

I love [name]Rhys[/name]! I prefer this spelling, but my second favorite is actually [name]Reese[/name]. [name]Reece[/name] looks a bit weird to me, but it’s fine and not too different from [name]Reese[/name] anyway. I love the suggestion of [name]Reid[/name]/[name]Reed[/name]. It’s great, not too common but definitely familiar. Some other names you might like:

[name]Dean[/name]
[name]Thane[/name]
[name]Lane[/name]
[name]Chase[/name] (though not good with [name]Dash[/name], lol!)
[name]Blaine[/name]
[name]Bram[/name]
[name]Brooks[/name]
[name]Taft[/name]
[name]Piers[/name]/[name]Pierce[/name]
[name]Heath[/name]
[name]Harris[/name]
[name]Roan[/name]
[name]Brant[/name]
[name]Smith[/name]

I still love [name]Lincoln[/name] though! It feels very different than [name]Reece[/name]. I also love the nn [name]Link[/name] a lot. [name]Hope[/name] that helps!

I’m a big fan of [name]Clark[/name], too. [name]Clyde[/name] has always sounded similar to me. (Neither sound good with our last name so they’re out of the running for us.) [name]Reece[/name] sounds much more modern whereas [name]Clark[/name] and [name]Clyde[/name] seem more classic. What about [name]Clinton[/name] ([name]Clint[/name])? I seem to have a thing for C names.