Names meaning dragon, fire or fierce..?

I need to name a apprentice, who is training to become a dragon slayer, something that could be reminded of a dragon. I don’t really want a name as [name]Drake[/name], [name]Draco[/name]/[name]Drago[/name] or [name]Aiden[/name] (I go by [name]Aiden[/name] some days), so I’d like to hear if you had any suggestions!

Something about the character -
He is 17, barely old enough to be mastering the skill, yet he is great at combat. In the start he was named [name]Dante[/name], but of various reasons I can no longer use that name.
His teacher is [name]Idra[/name], a famous Huntress, which he has a secretly crush on, though when he become her apprentice she is in her mid 30’s. His hair is fierce red and he has dark brown eyes, a bit almond shaped and his skin is relatively dark, for someone with red hair. His nn is [name]Red[/name], because of his hair.

I’d love to hear what you have to say. ^^

Anyone? D:

You don’t want to use the two names that mean “dragon” ([name]Drake[/name], [name]Draco[/name]) so I’ll give some names with fire and fierce in them.

[name]Fire[/name]

[name]Ash[/name]
[name]Fintan[/name]
[name]Ignatius[/name]/[name]Inigo[/name]
Joash
[name]Loki[/name]
[name]Phoenix[/name]
Pyrrus
[name]Tyson[/name]
[name]Vulcan[/name] - [name]Roman[/name] god of fire

Fierce

Charon
[name]Jarek[/name]
[name]Lorcan[/name]

No, not really, as it seems too obvious to me. And the Dragons will be named [name]Drago[/name] in the novel.

I like Charon, never heard it before and [name]Vulcan[/name] seems nice too. ^^

Meaning [name]Fire[/name]:
[name]Tyson[/name]
[name]Agni[/name]
[name]Edan[/name]
[name]Kenneth[/name] (means ‘born of fire’)
[name]Uri[/name] (actually, this means flame)
[name]Ash[/name], [name]Ashe[/name], [name]Ashton[/name]
[name]Vulcan[/name]
Bero
[name]Fintan[/name]
[name]Hadyn[/name]
[name]Keegan[/name]
[name]Titus[/name]

Sources:
http://http://www.20000-names.com/fire_names_hot_names.htm

I like [name]Jarek[/name]

I also found the name [name]Nuri[/name]~. I think I’ll try with the different names, to see what’s best. :3

[name]Fire[/name]:

[name]Agni[/name]
[name]Brand/name
[name]Haco[/name]
[name]Mccoy[/name]

Fierce:

[name]Larkin[/name]
[name]Connolly[/name]
[name]Lorcan[/name]

I found [name]Mccoy[/name] when I was looking for these names, too, but it seemed more like a surname…hey! That’d be a good last name for the character! (Lightbulb appears over head)

@Stardust - Haha, yeah. Though he lives in an Alternate universe, with crazy names. And still, it could work x3

I second [name]Lorcan[/name]. Seems to fit well!

Akari means brightness…
And I think [name]Ignacius[/name] (sp?) does too.

Akari sounds cute. :3

I love to hear that you’re writing a story! I love to write as well, and I love choosing names for my characters that are unique yet have a meaning that relates to a character. For your character a name I love is Iri.

Iri is a name meaning fire or light. It’s a very unique name and tends to give me the vibe of a person who has a lot to learn yet goes out after all their desires with confidence. It also had the “good guy” sound to it. I went to a writing workshop last year with [name_f]Sharyn[/name_f] McCrumb and took notes on what she said. These are the notes I have:

Words or names with long i or e set a happier mood.

Words or names with long o set dangerous or mysterious moods.

Words with L cause a calm or smooth feeling

The average attention span for readers is 108 words (meaning something interesting has to happen frequently, even if it’s a small thing like a character’s thoughts on what he/she will do next)

The storyline is either someone goes on a journey or someone new comes to town (this could be a spiritual or physical journey)

[name_m]Don[/name_m]'t start off with the weather, (it was a stormy day) rather do something like this: frigid drops of rain splattered my face as I peered through the pouring rain descending from a drab, dull sky.

I hope this helped! Sorry if I went off topic but since you’re writing I decided if I was going to say anything, I might as well give advice and my personal thoughts on it! :slight_smile:

~ BerylHeart

Oh wow I didn’t even look at the date of the last post…