Names Meaning "Gift of God"

I’ve found a lot so far, but I’m curious if there are some more that I haven’t discovered. Here are the ones I’ve found so far:

[name]Dorothy[/name]
[name]Dorotea[/name]
[name]Dorothea[/name]
[name]Fedora[/name]
[name]Feodora[/name]
[name]Fyodora[/name]
[name]Jane[/name]
[name]Taddeo[/name]
[name]Teodora[/name]
[name]Thaddea[/name]
[name]Thaddeus[/name]
[name]Theodora[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Zebedee[/name]

[name]Giovanna[/name]/any other spelling variation
[name]Iva[/name]/[name]Ivana[/name]/[name]Ivanna[/name]
[name]Jana[/name]
[name]Micaela[/name]
[name]Shauna[/name]

A lot of the ones I found are female variations of boy names…

My name is [name]Grace[/name] and it means a gift from God.

[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Matthew[/name], [name]Matthias[/name], [name]Matthijs[/name], [name]Mateo[/name], [name]Thijs[/name]
[name]Gia[/name]
[name]Ohanna[/name]
[name]Jonathan[/name], [name]Zebediah[/name] (gift of Jehovah)
[name]Isadora[/name] (gift of [name]Isis[/name])

[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Matthew[/name]

Some of these you already found but I’m just listing everything I found.

Here’s what I found:

Boys:

[name]Abisha[/name]
[name]Bogdan[/name]
[name]Donato[/name]
[name]Fedor[/name]
[name]Jonathan[/name]
Mataniah
[name]Matthew[/name]
[name]Matthias[/name]
[name]Mayhew[/name]

Girls:

Bogdana
[name]Doretta[/name]
[name]Dorothy[/name]
[name]Godiva[/name]
[name]Liora[/name] (this one actually means “God’s gift of light to me”)
[name]Mattea[/name]
[name]Pheodora[/name]
[name]Theodora[/name]
[name]Theodosia[/name]

[name]Haven[/name]‘t seen [name]Natania[/name] mentioned on the girls’ side yet though [name]Nathaniel[/name] has for boys.

I’ve always heard the meaning of [name]Eliora[/name] given as “G-d is my light” and [name]Liora[/name] as a diminutive of that. I guess you could stretch it to include it but it’s not literally “gift of G-d.”

[QUOTE=stripedsocks;1697284]I’ve always heard the meaning of [name]Eliora[/name] given as “G-d is my light” and [name]Liora[/name] as a diminutive of that. I guess you could stretch it to include it but it’s not literally “gift of G-d.”[/QUOTE

That’s just the meaning I found on the site I was on. (thinkbabynames.com) so it could very well be wrong :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote="“dantea,post:8,topic:187431”]

That’s just the meaning I found on the site I was on. (thinkbabynames.com) so it could very well be wrong :P[/QUOTE]

I can pick out that Or is “light” and li is “to me.” Like the name [name]Ori[/name] and so on. And [name]Liora[/name] is the feminine form of the unisex Lior. But my Hebrew is sorta shaky and timid so I don’t wanna argue if it’s “G-d is my light” or “G-d’s light to me” or any sort of syntax-y stuff like that because I’m not that good.

It is a spiritual name, so I wasn’t really trying to pick nits, but I think the site was stretching a little as far as literal meaning if that’s what the OP really wants is the literal gift meaning. Sorry for being a nerdlinger. :slight_smile: