Names My Friends Like

So, I asked some of my real life friends what names they liked and here are some of their responses. For context, I’m adding age (approximate, as I’m not sure about everyone) and gender. I’ll update if more respond.

AGE, GENDER: GIRL // BOY
18, FEMALE: [name_f]Adaline[/name_f] (or [name_f]Rosie[/name_f], Lillyanna, [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], [name_f]Jane[/name_f], [name_f]Allana[/name_f], [name_u]Ariel[/name_u], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], or [name_f]Scarlet[/name_f]) // [name_m]Lincoln[/name_m] (or [name_u]Michael[/name_u] or [name_m]Samuel[/name_m]) (She wants 6-8 kids, so I had high expectations and she definitely delivered!)
18, MALE: [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] // [name_m]Xavier[/name_m] (This was my ex. The names are fine, but I personally hate them, so I can’t help but feel like I dodged a bullet here, lol! Also, was the only one to list a boy name first. )
17, FEMALE: [name_f]Ashlynn[/name_f] // Something that starts with a C (She didn’t specify, just said she liked C names)
13 or 14, FEMALE: Chelina // [name_m]Jake[/name_m] (or [name_m]Jason[/name_m] or [name_u]Sam[/name_u]) (Says she has a whole list)
15 or 16, FEMALE: [name_f]Katerina[/name_f] (or [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] or [name_f]Vera[/name_f]-[name_f]Ellen[/name_f]) //
18, MALE: [name_f]Marceline[/name_f] (or [name_f]Priscilla[/name_f]) // Daniel (Likes writing gothic short stories and Adventure Time)
18, FEMALE: Sloane Mercer // Ezekiel Casey “Zeke” (These were kinda my favorite, even though I don’t personally like them. Possibly because they suit my friend so well!)
14, FEMALE: Mamie (or Edith, Billie, or Jane) //Lincoln (or Henry)
17, FEMALE: Hermione Rose // Skylar Christian (or Brendan Xavier)
16, FEMALE: Mackenzie // Camden

I was really surprised at how many people responded. Only one person who I asked couldn’t think of anything at all, and of course one didn’t have any boys names. It definitely sparked a conversation which I though was neat. I’m glad to know I’m not the only one who has thought about it, even if I think about it more than most teens.

[name_m]Even[/name_m] though there were only two guys represented, I was impressed with both of their lists. [name_f]Marceline[/name_f] and [name_f]Priscilla[/name_f] were definitely unexpected, in a good way! Some great options from the girls too.

This is a cool idea! I remember asking two of my friends once, one is female, 19, and she said [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] for a girl, [name_u]Bradley[/name_u] for a boy, and my male friend, who’s 25 said he’s unsure for girls names, but loves [name_u]Casey[/name_u] or [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] for a boy.

This is interesting! I really liked a lot of the names they said!
My two best friends are mommies, and I know when one of my friends was pregnant, she was hoping for a girl and would name it [name_f]Illiana[/name_f]. I believe she still claims the name to this day! My other best friend will be trying in about 2 years, so we’ve talked about names lately. They have [name_f]Lily[/name_f]-[name_f]Marie[/name_f] and something with [name_f]Elena[/name_f], and [name_u]Sage[/name_u] possibilities. My other friend talks names with me a lot, and her names are all matchy, but cute. [name_u]Raven[/name_u] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f], and [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] Alixandre, and two more options that are matching like the two I already said.

I love getting my friends’ favorite names out and I’d like to think I do it subtly but probably not.
These are all girls:
12 (my sister)- [name_f]Ithaca[/name_f], [name_f]Noelle[/name_f], [name_f]Opal[/name_f], [name_f]Olive[/name_f] // [name_u]Roy[/name_u], [name_m]Keith[/name_m], [name_m]Jake[/name_m] (just [name_m]Jake[/name_m])
16- [name_u]Emery[/name_u] (g)
16- [name_u]Blake[/name_u] (g)
17- [name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandrea[/name_f], [name_f]Adriana[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] // [name_u]Max[/name_u] [name_u]Drew[/name_u], [name_m]Eli[/name_m] [name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m]
17- [name_m]Zachary[/name_m] [name_u]Flynn[/name_u]
16- [name_u]Marley[/name_u], [name_u]Auden[/name_u], [name_f]Kinsley[/name_f] (all g)
16- [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
16- [name_u]Rey[/name_u], [name_f]Leia[/name_f], [name_u]Skylar[/name_u] [name_f]Athena[/name_f], [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f], [name_u]Piper[/name_u] // [name_u]Jace[/name_u]
17- [name_f]Jaclyn[/name_f] “[name_m]Jack[/name_m]” (she said she wants a feminine full name with a boyish nn)
16- [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u], [name_f]Leilani[/name_f]
17- [name_m]Preston[/name_m] (b)
14- [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] // [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_m]Mark[/name_m]

Your friends have some great tastes! I love [name_f]Hermione[/name_f], [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f], [name_u]Sloane[/name_u], and [name_f]Katarina[/name_f].

My best friend (who is my ages) has a [name_m]Cooper[/name_m] and said that another little boy would probably be [name_u]Mason[/name_u] and a little girl would be [name_u]Cameron[/name_u], [name_u]Payton[/name_u], or [name_f]Elaina[/name_f]. Her boyfriend really likes [name_m]Austin[/name_m] for another boy, no idea what he thinks for girls names.

My little sister (6) likes [name_u]Ashley[/name_u], [name_m]Jason[/name_m], [name_u]Lyle[/name_u], [name_m]Kevin[/name_m] and [name_m]Griffin[/name_m] (but only for a girl). She tends to like names that were trendy in the 90’s, [name_u]Lyle[/name_u] and [name_m]Griffin[/name_m] on a girl were a surprise from her.

My other little sister (18) likes very traditional names like [name_f]Catherine[/name_f], [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], [name_m]Andrew[/name_m], [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] and [name_m]Frederick[/name_m].

A good friend of mine who is bilingual (English/[name_m]French[/name_m]) likes frilly romantic names that work in both languages like [name_f]Marguerite[/name_f], [name_f]Juliette[/name_f], and [name_m]Leonardo[/name_m].

My friend (30) has claimed [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] and [name_f]Hazel[/name_f].

My [name_m]SIL[/name_m] (19) has claimed [name_m]Leo[/name_m] for a boy and [name_f]Ursula[/name_f] for a girl.
Husband (22) likes [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] and [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] (not together!)
Female friend (31) likes [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] and [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] for boys and [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] and [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] for girls.
Female friend (30) is stuck for another girl name (she has a daughter called Sayo) but likes [name_m]Casper[/name_m] and [name_u]Remy[/name_u] for a boy.
Female friend (late 30s) likes [name_f]Erin[/name_f] and [name_f]Camille[/name_f] for another girl and [name_m]Emil[/name_m] for a boy.
Another female friend (36) likes [name_u]Noah[/name_u] and [name_u]Ruby[/name_u].
My brother (18) suggested Magna and Polka for my daughter’s name (!)
[name_m]BIL[/name_m] (15) suggested [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]. [name_u]Love[/name_u] this one - such a surprise coming from him!
My cousin (34) once said her top names were [name_u]Noah[/name_u] and [name_f]Chloe[/name_f].
Other female cousins (early 40s) have children called [name_m]Thomas[/name_m], [name_m]Jacob[/name_m], [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] and [name_f]Emily[/name_f].
[name_f]MIL[/name_f] (51) likes [name_m]Dmitri[/name_m], [name_m]Casper[/name_m], [name_m]Leo[/name_m], [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] for boys and [name_f]Electra[/name_f], [name_f]Susannah[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] for girls.
My mum (52) likes [name_u]Rex[/name_u], [name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m], [name_m]Edward[/name_m] for boys and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], [name_f]Helena[/name_f] and [name_f]Zosia[/name_f] for girls.

I talked to one of my old friends (she’s 19) about names a of couple months ago. She’s loved Peter and Josephine for a long time. She says she likes old-fashioned names (and approved of my top choices, Robin and Zelda, haha)
Another friend (20) liked Adriana and Dmitri.
Another friend (20) has an 8-months old, Amelia Grace.
My cousin (24) likes Malachi.
My sister (16) likes Tabitha and Josephine. She says she doesn’t have any for boys, but she used to like Oliver and Damian.
Another sister (13) likes Jonah, Peter, Elliott, Francis, and Jacob for boys, and Liza, Sarah, Claire, Stephanie, Mary, and Nora for girls.
Youngest sister (10) likes Joshua, Anthony, Gabriel, Christian, and Alex for boys, and Joanna, Jacqueline, Patricia, Sophia, Isabella, and Sarah for girls.
My cousin who is 12 loves names as much as I do! Her favorites are Mallory, Savannah, Evelyn, Luna, Catrina, and Katie for girls, and Alexander for a boy.

I thought it would be interesting to compare the choices of the older girls to the younger, but they all seem to have their own style; my 13-year-old sister likes more classical names, while the 10-year-old likes very feminine names for girls.

I’m realizing my own favorites from middle school are not dissimilar to some of my favorites now. Bradley, Courtney, and Merlin (lol) sound similar to Hadley, Cora, and Malcolm!

I asked a few of my friends from the UK and [name_f]Ireland[/name_f], this is what I got (all are girls by the way!).

[name_f]England[/name_f]/23 - ♀: [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Imogen[/name_f], [name_f]Evelina[/name_f], [name_f]Aria[/name_f], [name_f]Elena[/name_f], [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] | ♂: [name_u]Kieran[/name_u], [name_u]Charlie[/name_u], [name_u]Rhys[/name_u], [name_u]Aiden[/name_u], [name_m]Cian[/name_m], [name_m]Liam[/name_m]

[name_f]England[/name_f]/18 - ♀: [name_f]Sofia[/name_f], [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] | ♂: [name_u]Cameron[/name_u], [name_m]Lucas[/name_m], [name_u]Blake[/name_u]

[name_f]England[/name_f]/17 - ♀: [name_u]Alex[/name_u], [name_u]Ash[/name_u], [name_f]Freya[/name_f], [name_u]Rowan[/name_u], [name_f]Kyra[/name_f] | ♂: [name_u]Ashton[/name_u], [name_m]Axel[/name_m], [name_m]Leo[/name_m], [name_u]Seth[/name_u]

[name_f]England[/name_f]/16 - ♀: [name_f]Emma[/name_f] | ♂: [name_m]Liam[/name_m]

[name_f]England[/name_f]/15 - ♀: [name_f]Nyla[/name_f], [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] | ♂: [name_u]Sam[/name_u], [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u]

[name_f]England[/name_f]/15 - ♀: [name_f]Lily[/name_f] | ♂: [name_u]Ryan[/name_u]

[name_f]Ireland[/name_f]/14 - ♀: [name_f]Sophia[/name_f], [name_u]Regan[/name_u] | ♂: [name_m]Cillian[/name_m], [name_u]Michael[/name_u], [name_u]Regan[/name_u]

My best friend has a little boy already named [name_u]Francis[/name_u] [name_u]Evan[/name_u] and is expecting another one. The boys name will be [name_m]Anthony[/name_m] and the girls name will be [name_f]Melena[/name_f] or [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f], or another family name I cannot remember off the top of my head.

My other best friend has always told me her favorites are [name_u]Carter[/name_u], [name_u]Mason[/name_u] for boys and [name_u]Tierney[/name_u] for a girl.

My BF’s list (at least for girls, He won’t talk about boys really unless its talking about [name_m]Kevin[/name_m] the third) is [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], [name_f]Anna[/name_f]-[name_f]Caroline[/name_f], [name_f]Noelle[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] and [name_f]Penelope[/name_f].

My [name_m]SIL[/name_m] already has an [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u]. If she has a girl she wants [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] or [name_f]Agnes[/name_f] (and I know she likes [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] too) and a boy would be [name_u]Jesse[/name_u] or [name_u]Jaime[/name_u].

My other friends like:

Girl/22: [name_f]Margaret[/name_f], [name_f]Isabel[/name_f], [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f], [name_f]Mae[/name_f]/[name_f]May[/name_f], [name_u]Wren[/name_u]/ [name_m]William[/name_m]
Girl/22: [name_f]Chloe[/name_f], [name_f]Ava[/name_f], [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] / [name_u]Mason[/name_u], [name_u]Aiden[/name_u], [name_u]Harley[/name_u]
my sister/20: [name_f]Aubree[/name_f] [name_f]Marie[/name_f], [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]/ [name_m]Sean[/name_m], [name_m]Paul[/name_m], [name_m]Liam[/name_m]
my sister/18: [name_f]Jacqueline[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u], “[name_u]Jackie[/name_u] [name_u]Rae[/name_u]”/ [name_m]Aaron[/name_m]
My sister/ 11: [name_u]Ashley[/name_u], [name_f]Tara[/name_f], [name_f]Kat[/name_f], [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] / [name_u]Billy[/name_u], [name_m]Tommy[/name_m], [name_u]Evan[/name_u]

My five year old cousin just said her baby dolls name was [name_f]Mocha[/name_f], prn [name_u]Mo[/name_u]-cha (not [name_u]Mo[/name_u]-ka)

My sister (18) likes the names [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] and [name_f]Ciel[/name_f] [name_m]Matthew[/name_m]. My best friend (girl, 18) likes [name_m]Hamish[/name_m] and Bonnebell nn [name_f]Bonnie[/name_f] (huge [name_m]Sherlock[/name_m] and Adventure Time fan and is convinced Bonnebell is [name_f]Princess[/name_f] Bubblegum’s human name). I like names so every once and a while I bring them up and ask their opinions.

I asked my friends…
22/[name_f]Argentina[/name_f]: [name_m]Genaro[/name_m], [name_f]Mila[/name_f], [name_f]Clara[/name_f]
17/[name_f]France[/name_f]: [name_f]Lea[/name_f], [name_m]Thomas[/name_m], [name_f]Cleo[/name_f]
16/[name_f]England[/name_f]: [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_m]Felix[/name_m], [name_f]Flora[/name_f], [name_m]Luke[/name_m], [name_u]Finn[/name_u], [name_f]Daisy[/name_f], [name_m]Jasper[/name_m]
16/[name_f]Argentina[/name_f]: [name_f]Jazmin[/name_f], Lautaro, [name_m]Lorenzo[/name_m]