Names on Nameberry that make you go WOW

I know how beloved the old thread was, so here’s a new one to give some love to all the amazing names around Nameberry. Here are some ones that caught my eye from various threads and user cards:

@greyblue’s Barnaby Ezra is so sweet and cuddly.

@nvsrobr, Birdie Aveline is so quaint. I can just imagine a little Birdie Aveline running around as a playmate to Laura Ingalls Wilder.

@michellem, Clementine Azalea is like lemonade in a warm summer day. It’s absolutely perfect!

@books_and_tea, Edmund Theodore Jack is just dashing. I’m swooning at the Jane Austeness of it.

Admin: Edited to add link to old topic, which has now been closed due to size. But you can still see all past WOW names here:

10 Likes

@jonquils I love your profile picture of Anne of Green Gables! Some names that inspire and shock me: Sage, Blythe Pollyanna, Etta Jane, Lucy Marigold, Kit Rosalind, and Tobias Wolf.

@michellem, I adore Clementine Azalea, it is so summer-y and colorful! I also am crushing on Ewan and Julian.

@handlion just WOW! Your signature knocked my socks off(well it would have if I was wearing socks). Reason Verbena Victoire, Ness Finnian Abbot, Promise Odelia Joyce, and Elliot Anthem Igor all were especially wonderful.

@MG1257 your names, especially Maria Elowen Joy, June Eidelweiss, Wesley Christopher ‘Kit’, William Emrys and August Beau, are amazing and superb!

1 Like

@jonquils thank you for the compliments and starting up the thread again!! Your Bea Lilac and Stella Sunday are so delightful

@EJpuddlejumper Daisy Aurelia Meadow and Elodie Solange Clover are so whimsical and lovely

@MichelleM I’m quite taken with Gerty Adeline - unexpected and sweet

@handlion I absolutely love Zipporah Carol Anise, Frances Billie Wisteria, Julie Honeysuckle Nora & Lorelei Mitzi Velvet. Carol and Julie are normally nms, but these name combos definitely make me want to use them.

2 Likes

@EJpuddlejumper so glad you like my names! :grin:

I don’t know who had this name in their signature, but awhile ago I saw the combo Rosalie Song. I’m not even the biggest fan of Rosalie, but that combo is just magical.

3 Likes

@jonquils
Holland Theo really struck me – I am loving the idea of Holland for a boy! Simply charming.

@jonquils Thank you! I think you got a little mixed up (I have Arthur Theodore Jack and Edmund Percival Jasper) but I really appreciate it nonetheless!

As usual, I adore your signature! Lucy Marigold, Stella Sunday, Mae Evangeline (Evangeline’s really been growing on me recently!), Ada Dorothy, Milo Bear, Gideon Sage and Tobias Wolf are some of my favourites. All of your combos are so lovely!

@handlion
Zipporah Carol Anise is stunning!! Not sure if Zipporah is practical but definitely a beautiful combo and puts a fresh new spin on Carol!

1 Like

@skatercat love your style - in particular Rosalind Leona Faye, Cecily June and Alexander Edmund.

@books_and_tea Ada Ophelia Iris, Edith Cecilia Florence & Edmund Percival Jasper are gorgeous.

1 Like

@emelfem aww thanks! Douglas Alistair and Marjorie Alice are wonderful.

@books_and_tea i love your names:

ophelia, daphne, cecelia, mabel, eve, evelyn, luna, rose, nina and aurora :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’m so happy we can still do this!

@jonquils I love your Lucy Marigold, Mae Evangeline, and Etta Jane! Your girls names are always so sweet! Also loving Tobias Wolf and Emerson Brave!

@EJpuddlejumper I love Alice Marigold Poet, Jasper Isidore Cover, and Kit Austell Robin! So dreamy

@Greyblue Mabli Charlotte and Katri Violet are both so sweet! I also love your Forrest Henry and Barnaby Ezra! I love seeing Barnaby

@shells15 Alani Georgiana Seren is gorgeous! I also love Isla Sophia Maris, Saskia Juniper Einara, and Phineas Orion Bay!

@MG1257 Rose Elizabeth Blythe is so pretty! June Edelweiss is also really cool! I think Judah Lark and Isaac Wolfe would make the perfect sibset

@elanorelle Rose Antonia, Jane Beatrix, and Esther Mariella are all beautiful! I also love Edmund Jasper and Emerson Judah!

@books_and_tea oh my gosh I love your naming style! I think we like similar names, especially for boys :slight_smile: I love Ada Ophelia Iris, Flora Seraphina Mabel, Helena Eve Andromeda, Rose Dorothy Pearl, Caspian Asa Lupin, Hugo Barnaby Wilder, and Kit Lysander Poet!

@skatercat I love your Cecily June, Frances Pearl, and Simon Theodore! Also I looove Wildflower

@emelfem Francis Arden is so handsome and Winifred Ada is so sweet! I also love Romilly

@mommymarina From your list, I love Cecily, Cassia, Ivy, Caspian, and Conrad! Hmmm i guess I like your taste in C names!

5 Likes

I keep changing my signature, so the names are different with every post! Haha! I’ve recently changed all of the double middles, because I don’t think I would actually use two middles.

@Kipperbo1
Thanks!! I am loving your [name_u]Asa[/name_u] [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u] [name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_u]Jules[/name_u] [name_m]Hawthorn[/name_m], and [name_u]June[/name_u] [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f]!

@MG1257
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] is gorgeous! I also quite like [name_m]Judah[/name_m] [name_u]Lark[/name_u].

@skatercat
[name_f]Cecily[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] & [name_f]Frances[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] are so sweet! I can just see them on an adorable pair of sisters.

1 Like

@jonquils I love your style! [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] [name_f]Clover[/name_f], [name_f]Bea[/name_f] [name_f]Lilac[/name_f], [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] [name_f]Pollyanna[/name_f], [name_u]Kit[/name_u] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f], [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m], [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] [name_u]Sage[/name_u], [name_m]Knox[/name_m] [name_m]Elijah[/name_m]… all such sweet names!

@EJpuddlejumper thank you so much! I love your [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] [name_f]Solange[/name_f] [name_f]Clover[/name_f], [name_f]Maelle[/name_f] Sunflower [name_f]Joy[/name_f], [name_m]Edwin[/name_m] [name_m]Sylvester[/name_m] [name_f]Moon[/name_f], and [name_m]Ferris[/name_m] Elyan Rook!

@shells15 thank you! Loving [name_u]Tegan[/name_u] [name_u]Lee[/name_u] Orestina, [name_u]Indra[/name_u] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] Dysis, [name_f]Yara[/name_f] [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] Rosewood, and [name_m]William[/name_m] [name_u]Cedar[/name_u] [name_m]Thoreau[/name_m]!

@MG1257 [name_u]Maria[/name_u] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f], [name_f]Carrie[/name_f] [name_f]Lavender[/name_f], and [name_u]August[/name_u] [name_u]Beau[/name_u] are wonderful!

@skatercat thank you! I really like [name_f]Frances[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] and [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] [name_m]Felix[/name_m], and I like [name_u]Calypso[/name_u], [name_f]Reverie[/name_f] & [name_f]Wildflower[/name_f] from your guilty pleasures!

@Kipperbo1 I am loving [name_m]Bruno[/name_m] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]Wilde[/name_u], [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_u]Jules[/name_u] [name_m]Hawthorn[/name_m], and [name_f]Thea[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Noor[/name_f]

3 Likes

@Kipperbo1 I’m loving [name_m]Bruno[/name_m] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]Wilde[/name_u], [name_u]Asa[/name_u] [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u] [name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Anouk[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] & [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] “[name_f]Sanna[/name_f]”. Actually, tbh, I’m loving all of your names.

Thank you @Kipperbo1
Your [name_u]Asa[/name_u] [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u] [name_u]Jude[/name_u] and [name_m]Bruno[/name_m] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]Wilde[/name_u] are fantastic and I absolutely adore [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Anouk[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] and [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]

@MG1257 [name_f]Joy[/name_f] [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] and [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] are gorgeous

@elanorelle [name_f]Heida[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] is so lovely

@books_and_tea [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] and [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] are stunning!

@Kipperbo1 I love [name_m]Bruno[/name_m] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]Wilde[/name_u] and [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_u]Jules[/name_u] [name_m]Hawthorn[/name_m]! All of your girl combos are amazing too.

@MG1257 [name_u]June[/name_u] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] is so sweet!

@jonquils Wow, your girl combos are all breathtaking!

This @ is so useful now for this thread! I hope the signature thing will be fixed soon…

@greyblue [name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] is so handsome! I love [name_m]Linus[/name_m], it feels vintage and soft. [name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] sounds like a wormbook, shy boy with a lot of imagination.

@MG1257 Loving [name_u]June[/name_u] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] a lot! [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Wolfe[/name_m] is also charming.

@kipperbo1 [name_u]Asa[/name_u] [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u] [name_u]Jude[/name_u] is stunning! [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u] is my favorite boy middle name ever! [name_u]Asa[/name_u] is a familiar but uncommon name. I also love your [name_f]Thea[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Noor[/name_f] and [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_u]Augustine[/name_u].

@books_and_tea
Your whole signature is always a pleasure to read! I had [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u] [name_u]Theo[/name_u] for a long, long time ([name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u] is probably my number 1 boy name) so of course I adore [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u]. And [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Jack[/name_m] is also a very handsome, charming name. As well as [name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_m]Otto[/name_m] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] and [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_m]Percival[/name_m] [name_m]Jasper[/name_m].

I would name a baby girl [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] in a heartbeat. [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Juno[/name_f], what can I say? isn’t it perfect?

1 Like

@Greyblue
Thank you! I am loving your [name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m].