Names Similar to Belphoebe

I love Belphoebe, but because of the whole “[name_f]Belle[/name_f]-[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]” thing, it just wouldn’t work for me. What are some names that give you a vibe similar to Belphoebe that are not too common/popular? To me, Belphoebe is magical, fairy-like, and sparkling. I love the imagery and the magical vibe I get from it! I also love the spelling and the way it sounds (it’s so fun to say)! Any suggestions? (It’s okay if it’s unusual) :slight_smile:

1 Like

The first thing that came to mind was Blanchefleur

Some others you might like…

[name_f]Endellion[/name_f]
[name_f]Amoret[/name_f]
Clarimonde
[name_f]Atalanta[/name_f]
[name_f]Ceridwen[/name_f]
Ferelith
[name_f]Genoveva[/name_f]
[name_f]Isolde[/name_f]
[name_f]Senara[/name_f]
Lilivere
Emerence
[name_f]Hannelore[/name_f]
Amaranthine

Belphoebe is lovely! [name_m]How[/name_m] about

[name_f]Annaliese[/name_f]
Cleome
[name_f]Mehitabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Celestina[/name_f]
Serenabelle

alexa400: Thanks! :slight_smile: [name_f]Ceridwen[/name_f] and [name_f]Isolde[/name_f] are already on my list. I like [name_f]Endellion[/name_f], but it feels a little too “heavy”, if that makes any sense. I can’t help but think of [name_f]Atlanta[/name_f], GA when I see [name_f]Atalanta[/name_f]. Ferelith is interesting, what does it mean/what are it’s origins?

fergosky: Yes it is! I like [name]Celestina[/name], but I prefer [name]Celestia[/name] or [name]Celeste[/name]. The rest are lovely, but not quite what I’m looking for. Thanks though! :smiley:

Belphoebe is amazing. Here are some other ideas:

Aneira (I say an-EYE-ruh but that is beacue my family is from South [name_m]Wales[/name_m] so it can also be an-AY-ruh)
Eirawen (same as above with ‘ei’ sound)
Liadán
[name_f]Angharad[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnaea[/name_f]
[name_f]Niamh[/name_f] (classic, but still underused - depending on where you are of course)
[name_f]Cerys[/name_f]
[name_f]Anneliese[/name_f]
[name_f]Amabel[/name_f] (love this)
Miriel/[name_f]Meriel[/name_f]
[name_f]Tanwen[/name_f]
[name_f]Bedelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Sunniva[/name_f]

I went a bit Welshy, so sorry about that!

It’s okay, I like Welsh names! :slight_smile: [name_f]Niamh[/name_f] has been on my list for a while. I really like Eirawen and [name_f]Sunniva[/name_f]. [name_m]How[/name_m] exactly do you say [name_f]Sunniva[/name_f]? What does it mean?

In reading your response, I saw you said you like the name [name_f]Endellion[/name_f]. I really like that name! I know what you mean by it feeling “heavy”, so what about shortening it to Dellion? Either way, I think it is very cool and unique. [name_f]One[/name_f] of my favorites of the names being discussed.

[name_f]Amoret[/name_f] or [name_f]Amity[/name_f].
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Verity[/name_f]

[name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] and Bonamy are traditionally boy’s names, but I think they fit well with the unisex surname-as-firstname trend.

[name_f]Danica[/name_f]
[name_u]Vesper[/name_u]
[name_f]Ayelet[/name_f]
[name_f]Calanthe[/name_f]
[name_f]Andromeda[/name_f] - I sort of think of [name_f]Andromeda[/name_f], Belphoebe, and [name_f]Ceridwen[/name_f] as an amazing sibset.
Belisent
[name_f]Nerida[/name_f]
[name_f]Mariposa[/name_f]
[name_f]Raziela[/name_f]
[name_f]Viveca[/name_f]
Siofra
[name_f]Midori[/name_f]
Cephora

I like the suggestions of [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u], [name_f]Ayelet[/name_f] and [name_f]Felicity[/name_f].
[name_f]Calliope[/name_f]
Belsante
Cytheria
Cyprina
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
Nimue
Niniane
Esmeray
[name_f]Coralia[/name_f]
Chrysanthe
Crystalia
Tristania
Verdandi
[name_f]Freya[/name_f]
[name_f]Melusine[/name_f]
Caspienne
Betony
Vespertine
[name_f]Serenella[/name_f]
[name_f]Graziella[/name_f]

[name_f]Eluned[/name_f]
[name_f]Nerissa[/name_f]
Eilonwy
[name_f]Artemisia[/name_f]
Edelweis

Here’s a link to information about the name Ferelith HugeDomains.com. It’s a medieval name with some light use, it means ‘true sovereignty’ in Gaelic.

Reminds me of Benevolence

Thanks for all of the replies! I’m going to go through them. Thx! :slight_smile:

Belphoebe is a stunning name. I love it! [name_m]How[/name_m] about…

[name_f]Melisande[/name_f]
Corinthe (Greek city)
Penthesilea (Greek mythology- warrior queen of the Amazons)
[name_f]Boudicca[/name_f]/Boudica/Boadicea (Celtic warrior queen, led an uprising against the Romans)
[name_f]Cytherea[/name_f] (Another name of [name_f]Aphrodite[/name_f])
Semele (Daughter of Greek hero [name_m]Cadmus[/name_m])
[name_f]Ismene[/name_f] (Daughter of Greek myhtological figure [name_m]Oedipus[/name_m])