Names similar to Roxanne

[name_f]Roxanne[/name_f] has second-syllable emphasis, both have two syllables…

[name_f]Roxanne[/name_f], [name_f]Vera[/name_f], and [name_f]Sabine[/name_f] (sah-BEEN)
[name_f]Roxanne[/name_f], [name_f]Vera[/name_f], and [name_f]Marie[/name_f] - Nobody uses [name_f]Marie[/name_f] anymore as a first name but I still like it.
[name_f]Roxanne[/name_f], [name_f]Vera[/name_f], and [name_f]Adele[/name_f]
[name_f]Roxanne[/name_f], [name_f]Vera[/name_f], and [name_f]Esme[/name_f]
[name_f]Roxanne[/name_f], [name_f]Vera[/name_f], and [name_f]Tamsin[/name_f]
[name_f]Roxanne[/name_f], [name_f]Vera[/name_f], and [name_f]Cerise[/name_f] - I liked the suggestion of [name_f]Celeste[/name_f], too… plus the imagery of cherry blossoms…
[name_f]Roxanne[/name_f], [name_f]Vera[/name_f], and [name_f]Tamar[/name_f] (ta-[name_f]MAR[/name_f])
[name_f]Roxanne[/name_f], [name_f]Vera[/name_f], and [name_f]Giselle[/name_f]
[name_f]Roxanne[/name_f], [name_f]Vera[/name_f], and [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] - the emphasis is back on the first syllable but it doesn’t repeat any ending sounds, has a nice nature feel, and a bit retro same as the others…
[name_f]Roxanne[/name_f], [name_f]Vera[/name_f], and [name_f]Opal[/name_f] - Simple to spell, pretty image, less popular than [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]?

So he didn’t like anything on the list. I thought we might agree in [name_u]Simone[/name_u] but then ran into pronounciation issues. I would say it with a moan ending but he knows someone who says it with a mon endjng which is probably the correct way to say it.

If there are any names left to suggest I would appreciate it.

[name_f]Roxanne[/name_f] {and} [name_f]Francine[/name_f], [name_f]Gwen[/name_f], [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f], [name_f]Margo[/name_f]

{“mid-century” names}

[name_f]Vera[/name_f] {and} [name_f]Adele[/name_f], [name_f]Agatha[/name_f], [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], [name_f]Blanche[/name_f], [name_f]Clarice[/name_f], [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], [name_f]Estella[/name_f], [name_f]Esther[/name_f], [name_f]Greta[/name_f], [name_f]Harriet[/name_f], [name_f]Lucille[/name_f], [name_f]Maude[/name_f], [name_f]Sybil[/name_f], [name_f]Willa[/name_f], [name_f]Zelda[/name_f]

{“ladies and gentlemen” names}

Source: “The [name_u]Baby[/name_u] Names [name_m]Wizard[/name_m]” book

What about [name_f]Lorraine[/name_f]? It’s vintage like [name_f]Vera[/name_f] and has a repeating letter like [name_f]Roxanne[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] only other suggestion is a little bit off the grid
and that is [name_u]Waverly[/name_u]. Easy to pronounce and spell, recognizable but unique. Perhaps a little more modern than your other choices but it
has a bit of an old-fashioned sound to it.

I am going to try this again, maybe the third time will be the winner containing at least one name that could work with [name_f]Roxanne[/name_f] and [name_f]Vera[/name_f].

[name_f]Naomi[/name_f]…but if people cannot spell [name_f]Portia[/name_f], then maybe there is no hope lol
[name_f]Melanie[/name_f]
[name_f]Melody[/name_f]
[name_u]Harmony[/name_u]
[name_u]Ivory[/name_u]…more unique than [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], maybe still on the hippyish side…
[name_f]Asia[/name_f] …easy to spell and if he doesn’t like it then maybe [name_f]India[/name_f]??? less common and [name_f]Indie[/name_f] is an adorable nn
[name_f]Jessa[/name_f]…way less common than jessica, a refreshing alternate
[name_f]Zandra[/name_f]
[name_m]Even[/name_m] Easier To Spell:

[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]April[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Candace[/name_f] …I swear this is the most common spelling with [name_m]Ace[/name_m] or andi being an alternative nn
[name_f]Raquel[/name_f] …again, I have never seen this spelled any differently and [name_f]Kelli[/name_f]/qelli or [name_u]Rae[/name_u] is adorable
[name_f]Marie[/name_f] …simple and cute
[name_f]Judith[/name_f]
[name_f]Faith[/name_f] nn [name_f]Faye[/name_f] = fairy
[name_f]Tasha[/name_f]
[name_f]Nina[/name_f]
[name_u]Alex[/name_u]
[name_f]Dawn[/name_f] …[name_f]Dawn[/name_f], the word, ooh …people should know this lol
[name_f]Holly[/name_f]
[name_u]Kelly[/name_u]
[name_f]Beth[/name_f]
[name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] …"[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] with an S…" And many nn options for picky husbands lol

I had tried to get [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] as a middle name for [name_f]Vera[/name_f] and everyone thought I was nuts and just making up names. I do like that one though but DH definitely wont go for it. The good news is that he dislikes so many of these names that [name_f]Edith[/name_f] sounds better to him. The bad news is that he decided that he still really likes [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]. (One of my very first suggestions way back when) but we had supposedly decided it wasn’t familiar enough for most people. ARGH.

Thanks so much everyone. There were some truly great suggestions that I loved…too bad my other half is so darn picky! :slight_smile: