Names that aren't on here

If you have a unique name that you like, type in into the Nameberry search and see if it comes up. If it doesn’t, put it on here!

Some I like are . . .

Joule - pronounced [name]Jewel[/name].

Sophina - saw this in a magazine.

Zoraide. This is a variant of [name]Zoraida[/name], a name used by Cervantes. Zoraide was used by [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Bronte[/name] in her novel the professor. I like it; it’s a nice alternative to [name]Zoe[/name].

Mhera: Character from a book I read. Not sure if its an actual name at all, but I love it :slight_smile:

Uvence – Pronounced “Yoo-ven-say.” I know someone with this very unusual name and kind of like it.

Synneva – Norwegian name that I like (name of my great-great grandmother)

Editing on 3/8/10 to add one more:

Miette – I know someone planning to use this French name for a future daughter, and I think it’s adorable.

Oh I like Synneva! Beautiful!

great job you guys!

Albus. As in, Albus Dumbledore. They have [name]Renesmee[/name] but no Albus D=

Novalee - from the book/movie “Where the heart is”

Medona, she’s a slave girl from a ballet, I can’t remember the name of the ballet, but I love her name!

oh and [name]Rhodri[/name] a great boys name imo

Cyd- as in Cyd [name]Charisse[/name], I don’t love the name but I did search for it with no avail.

Elowen- This one I really like but it isn’t listed.

Tigerlily- Hate it actually but I tried to find it because someone on yahoo answers was considering it for their daughter and i wondered if nameberry had an opinion.

I searched for Sophina once too, I was really surprised that it isn’t listed, I think it’s a really pretty alternative to [name]Sophia[/name].

That was me on Yahoo questions…lol. I am going to post the question on here too. Only like 5 people responded on yahoo… :([/quote]

Oh I’m sorry to offend you. I just think it’s a bit immature. Maybe as a middle name?

Corellia: the name of the planet Han Solo is from. Yes, I’m a [name]Star[/name] Wars geek, but I think it makes a great girl’s name.

Vivendel: Sounds Tolkien-y (because of Rivendel), but with that “life” meaning added in.

Isen: also Tolkien - it’s a river in Middle [name]Earth[/name].

Morelia: part of the scientific name for the green tree python.

And tons of word names, like: Ocarina (a musical instrument), Minaret (the towers on Mosques), Bramble, Cormorant, Coriander, Rook, Solstice, and Trillium (a flower).