Names that go with Ezra

First post on here, so apologies in advance if I’ve done this all wrong! Also, I may be grossly misusing this category but I wasn’t sure where else to dump this.

Hi all,

I know this is rather unorthodox but, due to a series of events, I’m now in the position of changing my entire name.

My first name is Ezra, and it has been for several years now as I’m a trans man. That is about all that I’ve got.

Until recently, I haven’t paid my middle name much thought — only my family know that I have one, so it hasn’t really weighed on me. However, it is traditionally feminine, so I have been looking for a fitting alternative for when I legally change my name and leave for university later this year. However, as a result of severe and complex personal issues around my father, I have ultimately decided to lose my family name also. So here I am, Ezra blank blank. A very strange predicament that not many people could ever claim to.

For perspective, I’m eighteen years old and I live in the UK. As I’ve been about in this community, staring from the side for a while now, I’m pleased to say my taste in names is somewhere around the ‘leader-charmer’ mark. The tricky thing is, my first name is short and suspended in vowels — my surname at present is similar, so I would either need a fairly long middle name or perhaps two middle names to break it up.

In terms of middle, I will confess that I am a fan of both the pretentiously ‘posh’ and ‘romantic’ sounding names, but also the quite traditional British ones. The issue is, as I’ve grown older, the act of choosing oneself a name has sort of faded — every name I find that I like has already been associated with someone else, else I have dogeared it for a character or pet or hypothetical child.

In terms of surname (last name), it gets a bit more complicated. My family is a fairly fragmented and my ancestry is lost to adoption on both sides. I have the choice, essentially, of my mother’s maiden name — Moore — or, and this is a bit peculiar but my preference currently, the surname Huss (which is one of the last surviving names from my grandmother’s biological family, her German great-grandfather’s). I suppose I could change my surname to anything realistically, but I wouldn’t know really where to start other than these.

Here are some names that I think could fit for my middle(s):

Francis

Marius

Darius

Felix

Jasper

Hugo

Otto

Harrison

Edmund

Reuben

Alfred

Barnaby

Rufus

Wilfred

William

George

Percival

Alexander

Oscar

Viktor

Theodore

Henry

Benjamin

August

I know some have the same soft-vowels as my first name and would not be advised, but they’re more to give an idea of what names I like. Each have their faults, please know that I’m a bit of a name novice! I’m not sure really what other information should go here… I’m brunette(???)

In essence, if you have any idea of a good combination, whether it’s from these or entirely new names altogether, I would sincerely, sincerely appreciate any time and consideration. You’re the name geniuses after all :slight_smile:

Thank you very much!

1 Like

First and foremost, welcome [name_u]Ezra[/name_u] (: ! Always a joy to see other trans people looking for name advice, as that’s how I got my start here as well!

I absolutely love your names; we share an interest in “posh” “romantic” names (my own name DNA type is Romantic-Noble after all :sweat_smile:) and your list is great!

From your list, I like… (favorites in bold)
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_u]Francis[/name_u]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_m]Harrison[/name_m]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_u]William[/name_u]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_m]Percival[/name_m]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_m]Viktor[/name_m]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]

Forgive me if some of these are over the top, but here are some suggestions 🌿

[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_m]Andreas[/name_m]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_m]Perseus[/name_m]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_m]Willem[/name_m]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_m]Phineas[/name_m] / [name_m]Finneas[/name_m]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_u]Charles[/name_u]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_m]Bastien[/name_m]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_m]Lucien[/name_m]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_u]Quentin[/name_u]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_u]Darcy[/name_u]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_u]Julian[/name_u]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_m]Mattias[/name_m]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_m]Alistair[/name_m]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_u]Cecil[/name_u]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_u]Dorian[/name_u]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_m]Leonardo[/name_m]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_m]Gideon[/name_m]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_m]Claudius[/name_m]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_u]Laurence[/name_u]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_m]Tiberius[/name_m]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_m]Dante[/name_m]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_u]Maurice[/name_u]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_m]Solomon[/name_m]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_m]Louis[/name_m]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]

hope a few give you some inspiration!

As for surnames — outside of the two you’re considering — is there a person, place, or thing you’d like to honor? Surnames can be a great place to do that!

Behind The Name has some good surname info on their site.

Best of luck, and again, welcome to the community! :black_heart:

2 Likes

Some I think would sound good, based on your first name:

[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_m]Percival[/name_m]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m]

I think all of these work with Huss or [name_m]Moore[/name_m] (except maybe Theodore)

Based on your list, I’ll throw in the suggestions of:

[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_m]Leonard[/name_m]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_m]Duncan[/name_m]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_m]Conrad[/name_m]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_u]Julian[/name_u]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_u]Daniel[/name_u]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_m]Kenneth[/name_m]

1 Like