Names that go with surname Kahan

Please help… my last name has the potential to be a great go-with and strong surname but can also make many names just sound bad. (i.e. [name]Sasha[/name] [name]Kahan[/name] ([name]Chaka[/name]…), Maximillion [name]Kahan[/name] (starts to remind of Genghis or other tyrant names). We are expecting a boy and I am not opposed to a C name but I think K names are out (KK is not a great initial, too much like KKK).

Any suggestions, first &/or middle…
One sibling [name]Zoey[/name] [name]Elisheva[/name] [name]Kahan[/name].
Parents Eiran [name]Aaron[/name] and [name]Laura[/name] [name]Louise[/name].

[name]Hi[/name]! :slight_smile:

Some names you may like:

[name]Andrew[/name]
[name]Alexander[/name]
[name]David[/name]
[name]Daniel[/name]
[name]Ezra[/name]
[name]Edward[/name]
[name]Emmett[/name]
[name]Jeremiah[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Samuel[/name] (although [name]Sam[/name] Kahn sounds a bit blunt)
[name]Spencer[/name]

I love [name]Elliot[/name] and [name]Elijah[/name] with your last name, too, but they’re pretty close to [name]Elisheva[/name], especially [name]Elijah[/name].

I’ve read over the list a few times, and so far, I can’t see any trouble with any of the names and [name]Kahan[/name]. (I’m half asleep, so I’m sorry if I missed something!) I’d just avoid names that may sound like a phrase with the “con” sound, such as [name]William[/name] [name]Kahan[/name], nn [name]Will[/name], sounding like “[name]Will[/name] [name]Con[/name].”

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Do[/name] you want a Hebrew style name?

[name]Do[/name] you want a Hebrew style name?

Would be a bonus for sure, not necessary… (Problem is I can’t find one I really like).

Names I like so far:
[name]Elijah[/name] (suggestion from above… I like alot, +Hebrew)
[name]Jakob[/name]
[name]Archer[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Sagan[/name]

+Middle names
[name]Elijah[/name] Aarao (pro. [name]Arrow[/name])
[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Archer[/name]

Much help would be appreciated!

Is it pronounced ‘kahn’ or ‘kay-han’?

[name]Do[/name] you want a Hebrew style name?[/quote][/quote]

I have checked Jewish boy’s names in [name]Israel[/name] and one of the most popular names there is [name]Uri[/name].

[name]David[/name] and [name]Noam[/name] are also in the top ten names too.

Combos

[name]Uri[/name] [name]David[/name]
[name]David[/name] [name]Uri[/name]
[name]Noam[/name] [name]David[/name]
[name]Joshua[/name] [name]Israel[/name]
[name]Jakob[/name] [name]Israel[/name]
[name]Daniel[/name] [name]David[/name]
[name]Asher[/name] [name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Joshua[/name] [name]David[/name]
[name]Daniel[/name] [name]Noah[/name]
[name]Elijah[/name] [name]Daniel[/name]
[name]Asher[/name] [name]Samuel[/name]
[name]Elijah[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Eli[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]/[name]Yosef[/name]
[name]Cohen[/name] [name]Asher[/name] (I understand that it is okay to use [name]Cohen[/name] if you are Jewish)

My favourite is [name]Nico[/name] [name]Kahan[/name].

[name]Both[/name] actually. [name]Kahan[/name] ([name]Con[/name]) or [name]Kahan[/name] (Kah-hon). We generally use the ([name]Con[/name]) pronunciation though.

Although I personally think its a fantastic name and would love it for my kid, my last name presents a problem with it… [name]Kahan[/name] is a form of [name]Cohen[/name], so for jewish people it would be like naming your kid [name]Cohen[/name] [name]Cohen[/name]. :slight_smile: (Which would translate like [name]Priest[/name] [name]Priest[/name]). And I think that most Jews would shy away from the name because of it’s prominence as a surname. (its like [name]Smith[/name])- I actually think its predominantly used by non-Jews. [name]Shame[/name], because it is a fantastic name!!!

[name]Hi[/name] again! I really love [name]Elijah[/name] [name]Kahan[/name]! (I was worried it would be too close to [name]Elisheva[/name] for you, but I’m happy it may be an option.) :slight_smile: Of the shorter first names, I love [name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Kahan[/name].

Good luck! :slight_smile: