Names that have grown on you?

Chloe, [name_f]Emma[/name_f], [name_f]Jessica[/name_f] & [name_f]Mabel[/name_f]/Mable for sure! [name_f]Jessica[/name_f] is the biggest one-- literally love it so much lately, where previously, it was super blah to me. Now it feels elegant, a little spunky, and airy (especially with the nickname [name_u]Kick[/name_u], or unbeatably cute [name_u]Jessie[/name_u])!

2 Likes

Definitely [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] although I still prefer [name_f]Elowen[/name_f].

1 Like

Several years ago I remember thinking “[name_f]Winifred[/name_f]? That’s such a bizarre sound and look” and now it’s one of my very favorites!

1 Like

Eleanor, [name_f]Agatha[/name_f], [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], [name_f]Greta[/name_f], [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f], [name_f]Susannah[/name_f], [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], and [name_u]Louise[/name_u]. I was also never a fan of names like [name_f]Ella[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] or [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] (very short and sweet) and now all of my kids have very short names!

1 Like

Gwen, [name_f]Agatha[/name_f], [name_f]Martha[/name_f], [name_f]Edith[/name_f], [name_f]Margot[/name_f]

1 Like

Lavinia
It’s now in my top 2 or 3.

1 Like

This has happened to me with so many names but one that really stands out is [name_f]Violet[/name_f]. I used to really dislike this name and used to only hear violent but now I actually love this. [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is beautiful really spunky choice.

1 Like

oh no! now I hear violent lol!

I still really dislike [name_f]Violet[/name_f] for the same reason you mentioned! :cry:

1 Like

Girls: [name_u]Francis[/name_u], [name_f]Ruth[/name_f], [name_f]Esther[/name_f], [name_f]Edith[/name_f], [name_f]Nancy[/name_f], [name_f]Uma[/name_f], [name_f]Virginia[/name_f], [name_f]Ursula[/name_f]

Boys: [name_m]Clifford[/name_m] (now my #1 boy name), [name_m]Gideon[/name_m], [name_m]Edgar[/name_m], [name_m]Alfred[/name_m], [name_m]Huckleberry[/name_m]

All of these names sounded frumpy and old to me, but now I think they’re kind of cute and charming, especially [name_m]Clifford[/name_m] with nn [name_u]Kit[/name_u]

2 Likes

August
[name_u]Ember[/name_u]
[name_m]Leander[/name_m]
[name_u]Orion[/name_u]
[name_m]Rhett[/name_m]
[name_u]Simone[/name_u]
[name_m]Tobias[/name_m]

1 Like

There’s a few names where I think I was placing the emphasis on the wrong syllable and pronouncing one of the vowels slightly off. Interesting on how much that can change things. So I actually like [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] now and [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] is … just ok but at least I don’t “hate” it now. I was pronouncing like Salami before lol

And then there were some names I just saw a bunch of letters shuffled together and didn’t know how to pronounce it in my younger days so I just had them in my dislike pile because I was way off in pronunctiation and they looked clunky like [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]. [name_m]Can[/name_m]'t remember if [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] also fall in this category or if they are actually ones that did grow on me. Also, many ethnic names that aren’t Anglicized would fall here

Oh and I used to didn’t like Lydia because of a TV character but I like it now. Sounds melodic

1 Like

Gwendolen (I love this now!), [name_f]Edith[/name_f], [name_f]Mabel[/name_f], [name_f]Julia[/name_f], [name_u]Julian[/name_u] and [name_m]Charles[/name_m]

1 Like

Miles and [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] for me.

1 Like

[name_m]Lysander[/name_m] and [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f]. I used to despise these names but I’ve changed my mind about them and I really like them.

2 Likes

Rosamund is lovely.

2 Likes

I’ve come to like the names: [name_u]Declan[/name_u], [name_u]Sutton[/name_u], [name_f]Josephine[/name_f], [name_f]Lorraine[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f], & [name_u]Colbie[/name_u]

1 Like

Faye, [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], and [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]!!

1 Like

Several names that I started out very much disliking and now they’re on my list:
[name_m]Dashiell[/name_m]
[name_u]Asa[/name_u]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_m]Caspian[/name_m]
[name_m]Obadiah[/name_m]

Ainsley
[name_f]Amity[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Simonetta[/name_f]

1 Like

I used to dislike [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] a lot, but it’s almost made it’s way onto my list… I also used to feel pretty neutral about [name_f]Elise[/name_f], but it’s on my list now. [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] is one I always liked for other people but never myself, but I’m growing to like it quite a bit. [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u] has kind of had the same treatment from me but I don’t love it as much as [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] yet. After naming one of my lead characters in play I’ve written [name_u]Kit[/name_u], I’ve really come to love it as a nickname for boys. The character just makes me feel so fuzzy inside so how could I not?

1 Like