Names that intrigue me

Just names I’ve seen somewhere or thought of randomly and can’t get out of my head.
What do you all think of these names and combos? [name_u]Love[/name_u]? Dislike? Inspired? Better ideas?
Tell me all your thoughts?

Graelwyn [name_f]Isolde[/name_f] (Grae)
Celesina [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
Odyssey [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] ([name_m]Ody[/name_m])
[name_f]Sonoma[/name_f] [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Rowenna[/name_f] [name_u]Skye[/name_u]
[name_f]Winifred[/name_f] [name_u]Avery[/name_u] ([name_f]Winnie[/name_f])
Dragan [name_f]Sirena[/name_f] - Guilty pleasure name

Adessa
Anubias
[name_f]Chrysanthe[/name_f]
Erebos (Eres) - Weird for a girl?
[name_f]Spirit[/name_f]/Soul - I usually dislike word names but these intrigue me, I don’t know what I think. Too out there?

I love [name_f]Soul[/name_f]! I have it on my guilty pleasure list as well. I would love [name_f]Spirit[/name_f] for a dog also.

1 Like

LOVE:
Graelwyn [name_f]Isolde[/name_f] and Celesina [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], as well as Odyssey [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]!

I think [name_f]Spirit[/name_f] and [name_f]Soul[/name_f] are so cool! I would probably just use them for middle names though.

1 Like

Graelwyn [name_f]Isolde[/name_f] - I don’t really like the look of Graelwyn, but it’s an intriguing name. I love [name_f]Isolde[/name_f]!

Celesina [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] - I prefer [name_f]Celestina[/name_f], but Celesina is interesting. I like [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f].

Odyssey - Odyssey is a GP of mine, I think it’s pretty cool. [name_m]Ody[/name_m] is adorable and Iove [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]!

Sonoma [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] - [name_f]Sonoma[/name_f] is interesting and unexpected. I like [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f], too.

Rowenna [name_u]Skye[/name_u] - I love [name_f]Rowenna[/name_f]! [name_u]Skye[/name_u] is so lovely too.

Winifred [name_u]Avery[/name_u] - I like it a lot! [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] is very cute.

Dragan [name_f]Sirena[/name_f] - I just see ‘drag’/‘drag on’ and ‘sirens’, sorry.

Adessa - I like it, it sounds cool. Similar to [name_f]Odessa[/name_f], which I love.

Anubias - Reminds me of the Egyptian god Anubis. Not necessarily bad, but I’m no huge fan

Chrysanthe - I like it! Pretty sound and similar to [name_f]Chrysanthemum[/name_f].

Erebos - A little weird, yes. Eres is quite nice, though.

Spirit/Soul - I really like [name_f]Soul[/name_f]! Both of them would only work as GP middles for me.

2 Likes

@planetnames Dragan [name_f]Sirena[/name_f] was one of my clients at my job years ago. I’ve thought about that name so much over the years and how it’s someone’s real name (I saw her ID). I’d never use it because it’s a lot for me… But I thought it was beautiful. She pronounced it like Dray-gan [name_f]Serena[/name_f].

Anubias is a semi-aquatic flowering plant native to [name_f]Africa[/name_f]… so maybe it is named after the Egyptian god Anubis. I love this and I’d actually consider using it with the nickname [name_f]Bia[/name_f]. So cute.

1 Like

Graelwyn [name_f]Isolde[/name_f] - I like both names, but together…it seems to be trying really hard, so I might pair them differently.

Celesina [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] - I love Celesina, but I’d prefer a middle with different sounds so that this beauty can be distinct.

Odyssey [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] - Again, trying hard when put together. I’d pair each with a shorter, sleeker name.

Sonoma [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] - [name_f]Sonoma[/name_f] I can’t get behind. I don’t like son in the name and it only reminds me of cookware.

Rowenna [name_u]Skye[/name_u] - I prefer [name_f]Rowena[/name_f], and have a [name_f]Rowena[/name_f] in the family. [name_f]Rowena[/name_f] [name_u]Skye[/name_u] is lovely.

Winifred [name_u]Avery[/name_u] - Very cute. I like it, but [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] works with a lot of different middles, and [name_u]Avery[/name_u] wouldn’t be my first choice.

Dragan [name_f]Sirena[/name_f] - It like the second name, but not too keen on the first.

Adessa - Prefer [name_f]Odessa[/name_f]
Anubias - I personally wouldn’t use.
[name_f]Chrysanthe[/name_f] - I love this. It makes a great middle.
Erebos - I personally wouldn’t use.
[name_f]Spirit[/name_f]/Soul - I know word names are big right now, but it’d be nice to leave some deep meaning ones to their original roles as words, and I think these qualify.

1 Like