Names that make people burst into song

I know too many songs with people names so almost any name can get me singing :joy:

Of better-known songs:
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] / [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] / [name_f]Angelica[/name_f] / [name_f]Peggy[/name_f] (especially if they’re listed together)
[name_f]Dawn[/name_f]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
[name_u]Rylan[/name_u]
[name_f]Donna[/name_f]
[name_u]Billy[/name_u]
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_f]Bonnie[/name_f]

1 Like

Lola
[name_f]Sarah[/name_f]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_f]Heather[/name_f]
[name_f]Jolene[/name_f]
[name_u]Billie[/name_u] [name_u]Jean[/name_u]

[name_f]Caroline[/name_f] and [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]!

For me, some of my favorite names are like this.

Delilah (Plain White Tees)
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] (The Lumineers)
[name_m]Vance[/name_m] ([name_m]Vance[/name_m] [name_f]Joy[/name_f])
[name_f]Theodosia[/name_f] (Hamilton)
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] (“[name_f]Cleopatra[/name_f]”- The Lumineers)
[name_f]Eileen[/name_f] (“Come On [name_f]Eileen[/name_f]”)

And many more! I tend to like names better if they have a good song connected to them.

Ruby
[name_f]Jenny[/name_f]
[name_f]Sheena[/name_f]

Definitely [name_f]Jolene[/name_f], [name_u]Jude[/name_u], and [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] for me

Definitely [name_f]Jolene[/name_f]. I burst into song just looking at it.

Michelle
[name_f]Rhiannon[/name_f]
[name_f]Belle[/name_f]
[name_u]Maria[/name_u]
[name_f]Sharona[/name_f]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Hamilton[/name_m]

1 Like

Alejandro!

1 Like

Yes, totally [name_f]Jolene[/name_f]! Our old neighbors had a [name_f]English[/name_f] Bulldog named that. Isn’t that adorable? :grin: :dog:

Anyway, I think [name_u]Mandy[/name_u] is a good one that nobody has mentioned. And I’m glad to see at least one mention of [name_f]Michelle[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] mom named me after that song. :slight_smile:

Another one that I thought of when [name_f]Michelle[/name_f] was brought up - [name_f]Julia[/name_f]

1 Like

Out of curiosity, what songs are you thinking of for [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] and [name_f]Heather[/name_f]? (I have a guess for [name_f]Heather[/name_f])

Delilah
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_f]Jolene[/name_f]
[name_f]Peggy[/name_f]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]
[name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u]

Penny ([name_u]Lane[/name_u]) I don’t know if this counts…

My foster daughter is [name_f]Elena[/name_f], and I always sing “[name_m]Don[/name_m]’t Worry, [name_f]Elena[/name_f]” by Bacilos. And also “[name_f]Elena[/name_f] la Ballena,” but when she gets older she’ll stop appreciating that one, I imagine.

1 Like

Would [name_m]Judas[/name_m] count? I thought of it as a follow-up to [name_m]Alejandro[/name_m].

I don’t know if these were already mentioned, but some other ideas:

Jessie ([name_u]Jessie[/name_u]’s Girl - [name_m]Rick[/name_m] Springfield)
[name_f]Gloria[/name_f] ([name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_m]Branigan[/name_m])
[name_f]Valerie[/name_f] ([name_f]Amy[/name_f] Winehouse)
[name_f]Ebony[/name_f] & [name_u]Ivory[/name_u] ([name_m]Paul[/name_m] McCartney)

1 Like

Elena reminds me the [name_f]Elena[/name_f] of Avalor theme song, it’s a cute one :grin:

Sarah Smiles by Panic! at the Disco and [name_f]Heather[/name_f] by [name_m]Conan[/name_m] [name_u]Gray[/name_u]

2 Likes

Quite random but when I was younger I thought ‘I wanna be adored’ by the [name_m]Stone[/name_m] Roses was singing [name_m]Theodore[/name_m].

My nephew is called [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] so now whenever I hear the song playing I sing “I want a [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]” :joy:

1 Like

That was my guess for [name_f]Heather[/name_f], and that’s what put it up into my top 10 for girls in fact! And him saying “polyester” made me think of the name Esther too :smiley:

1 Like