Names that start with the same letter?

Hey guys,I have a question for you!What do you think of names that start with the same letter?Can you use those names?Can they work as siblings even if they have other siblings whose names start with other letters?Very curious on your opinions,thanks a bunch! :confused:

Sure-- you can do this and it can work well!

I think it’s fine. Unless you’re purposefully following a pattern, I do, however, find that a sibset with the majority of them sharing an initial to be a pattern and will assume so, even if it isn’t. For example, a sibset of 5 with 4 of them sharing an initial I assume to be a pattern, but I wouldn’t if 2 of them did.

Thank you both! :smiley:

I think it really depends on the sibset, but as long as the names aren’t too similar, and it balances out, with ‘no odd one out’ overall, then it’s fine in my opinion. So for example, if the same letter is S:
S, S, L, & E is fine in any combination/order, since they balance (even if for a bit they wouldn’t)
S, S, S, L wouldn’t be, since there are more same start letter names than not. Personally it would really bug me to have one odd name out. It seems a bit unfair for one not to share the pattern.
S, S, S, S technically okay, since no one’s left out, but it’d probably be a pretty matchy sibset.

There are exceptions though. It depends on sound in some cases too. [name_m]Say[/name_m] with twins, I’d avoid them having the same initial starting letters so they aren’t too similar. But if they have different sounds I’d probably consider and be okay using them, for instance [name_f]Pandora[/name_f] & [name_m]Ptolemy[/name_m] (which I do have as part of my perfect sibset) or [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] and [name_m]Gregory[/name_m]. Or I’d consider having an unbalanced sibset if the sounds were different (not definitely, just a maybe). Since they’d mostly be said aloud I think how they sound together (not look) is most important. I’d be a lot quicker to have siblings with different initial sounds (but same start letter) than if they sound the same too, as long as they balance (if that makes sense).

It’s a little complicated, and can really vary depending on the name and sibset, but that’s how I see it in general. And of course there aren’t any real rules, it’s personal preference and just nice to have a cohesive, not overly similar sounding set of sibling names haha.

Also I think @eoxima probably explained the first bit a lot better and more concisely than I did.

Thank you ,@myosotis!All of these replies are awesome!