Names That You Can't Use

I don’t know about anyone else, but I have a long list of names that I know I can’t use because they are reserved by friends and family, or because they have bad connotations that I can’t get over. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you have any, and if so, why have you written them off?

The names that my friends have reserved for their future children include [name_f]Nellie[/name_f], [name_f]Lucille[/name_f], [name_m]Lucas[/name_m], [name_u]Remy[/name_u], [name_f]Vera[/name_f], and [name_m]Ewan[/name_m]. I can’t use the names [name_f]Diana[/name_f] or [name_u]Stanley[/name_u] because they bring up some bad memories for my family. I also love the name [name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f], but would never use it because of its association with [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m].

I’m sure I’ll think of more after I post this. I’m excited to see your answers!

Well, my favourite boys name is [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_u]Jay[/name_u] and I plan on using it one day. The bad thing is, my niece is called [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f]. I mean i will still use it but some people will think its weird.

Also, i do tell my mum my favourite names but I havent told her about my obsession over [name_u]Everly[/name_u] because its very uncommon in [name_f]England[/name_f] but I would probably convince her with the nn [name_f]Evie[/name_f].

Some names are cant use because theyre already in the family;
[name_m]Elijah[/name_m] “[name_m]Eli[/name_m]”
[name_f]Lily[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Macie[/name_f]
[name_m]Jack[/name_m], i can probably get away with [name_m]Jackson[/name_m]!
[name_m]Jonah[/name_m]/[name_m]Jonas[/name_m]

I have a few I can’t use.
Any [name_m]Ed[/name_m]- names I can’t use because of a bad personal connection to two [name_m]Ed[/name_m] names. [name_m]Edward[/name_m], and [name_m]Edwin[/name_m], so any name that shortens to [name_m]Ed[/name_m], I can’t use. One of my favorites is [name_m]Edmund[/name_m], and I just love it.
I try not to use any of my cousin’s name as first names, so there’s a lot I can’t use. But some I find that hit me hard- [name_f]Maisy[/name_f], [name_m]Matthew[/name_m], [name_u]Cody[/name_u] or any spelling variation.