Names that you like but could never use

There are some names out there that I actually think are really beautiful, but they have a bad association with the name, or it doesn’t have a very appealing meaning! So I thought I would ask you guys, if you have any names that you like/really like but could never use.

Some of mine are:
Rubella - I know it’s a type of measles, but I think this is really cute… especially with the nickname [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
Calorie - It’s like a mix of [name_f]Calliope[/name_f]/[name_f]Callie[/name_f] and [name_f]Mallory[/name_f]; I think it’s a nice name!
Annelida- (Phylum for segmented worms)… yet it sounds surprisingly elegant and sophisticated!
[name_f]Siri[/name_f] - Cute name, but the association with [name_f]Apple[/name_f] turns me away from it. I really like it though!
[name_f]Allegra[/name_f] - Such a pretty name… to unfortunate that it’s the name of a medicine for allergies!

thank you :slight_smile:

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] - it’s my niece’s name
[name_f]Gabriella[/name_f] - when my sister was pregnant the nickname ‘Gobby [name_u]Gabby[/name_u]’ was thrown around a lot, put me off for life
[name_f]Isolde[/name_f] - name of a friend’s daughter, and unique enough that others would only know it from her
[name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] - as above

[name_f]Aileen[/name_f] - adore it but worry it sounds too dated to get a good reaction from most people
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] - sounds too close to last name
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] - mixed associations
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] - quite like it but have issues with the word “harlot” inside it (I definitely understand why most people don’t care about it - all me)
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] - mixed associations
[name_f]Eulalia[/name_f] - too out there for me. [name_f]Love[/name_f] it on someone else though.
[name_f]Evening[/name_f] - beautiful, and I love [name_f]Eve[/name_f], but too out there for my own style.
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] - mixed associations
[name_f]Jane[/name_f] - really love it but will quite likely name any potential son [name_u]James[/name_u] and they are too close for me
[name_f]Leocadia[/name_f] - too out there for me
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] - love it but sounds like loosey (as with [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], this is my problem, I encourage others to use it)
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f] - love it but there are so many people in my family already named it
[name_f]Mona[/name_f] - negative associations
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] - I love it but my husband doesn’t care for it

Hmm, I know there are more but this is a decent start.

[name_u]Flynn[/name_u]- too many people I know have used it.
[name_f]Tilly[/name_f]- Met a naughty one and ruined it for me.
[name_m]Killian[/name_m]- family name, would consider for a MN but negative associations
[name_u]Finley[/name_u]- I live too close to a town of that name.
[name_u]Abilene[/name_u]- love it but have a niece named [name_u]Abbey[/name_u], too similar
[name_u]Skye[/name_u]- a cousin named their child this.

[name_f]Sapphira[/name_f] - I liked this name as a child, but later on I was strongly advised against it (it kind of sounds like a stripper name).
[name_f]Desiree[/name_f] - I love the historical figure, [name_f]Queen[/name_f] [name_f]Desiree[/name_f] of [name_u]Sweden[/name_u], but like [name_f]Sapphira[/name_f] it has a certain “stripper name” edge that I don’t want to risk.
[name_f]Sunshine[/name_f] - A little too hippie, but it is cute!
[name_f]Allegra[/name_f] - This means “happiness” in Italian…but it is sadly now an allergy medicine.
[name_f]Roseanne[/name_f] - Too associated with the comedian (who I do like, but not enough to name my child after), it does sound very pretty.
Nefertari - This means “beautiful” in ancient Egyptian and for the ancient Egyptian queen, but it’s a little too outlandish.
[name_f]Hortense[/name_f] - Meaning “garden” in French via Latin and the step-daughter of [name_m]Napoleon[/name_m]…it’s just, no.
[name_f]Yoko[/name_f] - With all the interest in Japanese culture in the west plus [name_f]Yoko[/name_f] [name_f]Ono[/name_f], I think this has a cool hippie-ish vibe. But I guess it never quite caught on like [name_f]Bianca[/name_f] did.
[name_f]Sophia[/name_f] - So beautiful, but just too popular.