Names that you love that everyone else hates

mine is lucifer. i really love the sound of this name and its meaning “bearer of light” or “morning star”. i’m not a religious person so it doesn’t bother me at all.

2 Likes

Penina :sweat_smile: I don’t really care about the panini association and I don’t get how [name_f]Penina[/name_f] or [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] can look too close to male body part for some people. And for an even more controversial opinion, I actually prefer it spelled [name_f]Pnina[/name_f]!

2 Likes

Jensen and [name_u]Gentry[/name_u] for girls.

1 Like

It’s because pene is penis in Spanish.

*also, I think Penina/Pnina is adorable! Panini’s are more of an afterthought for me. My first association is Pnina Tornai.

5 Likes

Love the name [name_m]Lucifer[/name_m]!

Mine would be [name_m]Gunner[/name_m]. I know the “gun” beginning isn’t everyone’s favourite but I just love this name. Same thing with the name [name_u]Killian[/name_u].

I love [name_u]Huxley[/name_u], [name_u]Pax[/name_u], and [name_m]Cole[/name_m] on girls (and more, those are just the ones that came to mind).

1 Like

I never find people who like [name_f]Thalassa[/name_f] like I do.

Ok, not never but they only partially like it if there are people who do.

6 Likes

Marjorie, maybe, I went back through my account and realised I used it for the first time in 2018, which was way earlier than I originally thought, and nobody liked it that time round either.

4 Likes

Ferelith! I get a lot of ‘feral’ comments, but I just find it enchanting.

5 Likes

@anon68906791 I love all the names on your list!

@rosepip [name_f]Ferelith[/name_f] is so enchanting, whimsical and magical! I don’t think of feral.

@Oceanie [name_f]Thalassa[/name_f] is beautiful!

2 Likes

Okay there are a LOT of names i love and almost everybody else from my family and friends hate/dislike.
[name_u]James[/name_u], for the start. It was the first boy‘s name i fall in love with, but somehow everyone i told this „really normal“ name disliked it.
[name_f]Marvel[/name_f] (b), i know its probably a GP because of „[name_f]Marvel[/name_f]“(The Avengers and how the are all named), but i would just love it for a little boy.
Nazija (na-CEE-ah), its a slavic girls name and i just really really like the sound of it.
[name_f]Tala[/name_f], honestly how can someone dislike it?! Alone the meaning is to sweet.
[name_u]Shadow[/name_u], i just think it would make a perfect mn.

Ok i definitely forgetting some, but okay, doesn‘t matter.

1 Like

Lol my whole family thinks the name [name_f]Emily[/name_f] is basic and boring (my best friend said the same thing). I have a feeling it’s going to be a hard sell, but here’s hoping that it’ll one day sink in popularity and then I’ll unveil it fresh as ever and it won’t seem so overdone :crossed_fingers:t2:

Daniel is a boy’s name I find quite handsome that in my recent poll is in last place😭 It’s mostly for Irish reasons and the song “Oh [name_u]Danny[/name_u] Boy.”

3 Likes

Girls
[name_f]Arabella[/name_f] and [name_f]Angelica[/name_f]
Boys
[name_m]Evander[/name_m]

3 Likes

Trixie! So many people seem to dislike it and think it sounds Idk dishonest? Tricky? Or too cutesy, like a pets name or a stripper name? Whatever it is, I still love it and only have positive associations.

I also don’t really mind names like [name_f]Mildred[/name_f] and [name_f]Myrtle[/name_f].

3 Likes

[quote=“[name_f]Myosotis[/name_f], post:16, topic:352642”]
[name_f]Trixie[/name_f]!
[/quote]

With you on this! Ditto [name_f]Roxy[/name_f].

I also love “silly” animal names like [name_m]Bear[/name_m], [name_u]Wolf[/name_u], Panda, [name_f]Otter[/name_f], [name_u]Minnow[/name_u] :two_hearts: I probably wouldn’t use one though.

Also [name_m]Dougray[/name_m], which I suggest from time to time on here but no one ever bites :cry:

3 Likes

@Katharinaaa I love [name_f]Tala[/name_f]!
@ravenoceans Your names are so pretty!

Anyway, I really like [name_f]Cora[/name_f] and [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] but my family don’t, they prefer [name_f]Cara[/name_f] and [name_m]Hugh[/name_m]! :sleepy:

2 Likes

Pene in Spanish would be peh-neh right?

Good thing I don’t plan on speaking Spanish with my kids then!

I kind of love [name_f]Gerty[/name_f], & people don’t seem to enjoy that one. I don’t care for [name_f]Gertrude[/name_f] though. [name_f]Greta[/name_f] nn [name_f]Gerty[/name_f] probably.

A lot of people are down on [name_f]Mia[/name_f], but I can’t help but love it. It’s such a good balance of feminine & spunk. And there’s currently a little [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] nn [name_f]Mia[/name_f] purring on my lap. :smile_cat:

Hayley! Also for cat reason. I named my kitty this when I was eight (1992). She was a sweetheart. If not for her, I’d probably find this trendy & dated.

Aidan for a boy. And I am angered by [name_u]Aiden[/name_u]! :joy: [name_f]Non[/name_f] name nerds would be confused by this. I also really dislike any other ‘aden’ names. But [name_u]Aidan[/name_u] is just beautiful.

Dylan for a boy. Similar to [name_u]Aidan[/name_u]. It’s a little sporty, but also just sounds deep & peaceful to me. I think a lot of people find it trendy & dated.

Artemis for a boy. [name_f]My[/name_f] other kitty! I call him [name_u]Ari[/name_u] fairly exclusively though, & I honestly love that more & wouldn’t mind it being his full name. And he’s a cat, so I could change it, but it feels weird after ten years. I still find [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] charming for a boy & harsh for a girl even though it’s technically a girl name. :woman_shrugging:

Dakota. I think people find this one 90s & trendy too, & mainly offensive I guess? It could be. I don’t know enough about the history of it, so I would never use it. I think it’s beautiful for a boy though.

Shiloh for a boy. I feel like I like a lot of gentle names for boys that a lot of people prefer on girls, huh? I love love [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] for a boy. And I like the combo of [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] [name_u]Dylan[/name_u], [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] [name_u]Dakota[/name_u] & [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] [name_u]Aidan[/name_u]!

I love [name_f]Roxy[/name_f] too (and variants)!

1 Like

I love [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u], [name_f]Emily[/name_f], [name_f]Lilly[/name_f]/Lillian, [name_f]Isabella[/name_f], [name_f]Mia[/name_f], and [name_f]Cara[/name_f].

1 Like