Names That You Think Will Skyrocket in Popularity (2021 edition)

What boy name, girl name, or gender neutral name do you think will become popular this year? All suggestions are welcome! [name_m]Just[/name_m] want to hear everyone’s ideas and opinion.

My Ideas:

Scout (boy)
[name_m]Silas[/name_m] (boy)
[name_f]Raegan[/name_f] (girl)
[name_u]Paisley[/name_u] (girl)
[name_u]Arden[/name_u] (gn)
[name_u]Indie[/name_u] (gn)

Ophelia and [name_f]Delilah[/name_f]. I was just saying a few weeks ago I suspect a rise in names featured in songs as [name_f]Gen[/name_f] Z begins to name their children - [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] and [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] very clearly fitting in this category! So perhaps they won’t grow INSANELY in 2021, but I think they’ll definitely rise in popularity this year, and even more in the next 5-10 years.

I suspect [name_u]Luca[/name_u] will rise higher (for boys). I feel like I’m meeting so many [name_m]Lucas[/name_m] lately, after never hearing the name at all 5+ years ago. I think [name_u]Connor[/name_u] may get higher again as well. I know a lot of teens (13-20) named [name_u]Connor[/name_u], but I wouldn’t be surprised to see a rise in baby Connors.

6 Likes

My predictions are always the same, lol – I think multicultural, international-sounding baby names will see a rise, especially in the US – things like Elio, [name_f]Zara[/name_f], [name_m]Thiago[/name_m], [name_f]Alessia[/name_f], [name_m]Kaito[/name_m], and [name_f]Lucia[/name_f]. They’re cool and easy to pronounce in many languages. They remind me of already-popular names like [name_f]Sofia[/name_f], [name_f]Mila[/name_f], [name_m]Leo[/name_m], [name_m]Mateo[/name_m], and [name_u]Kai[/name_u], but they aren’t in the top 100 currently.

4 Likes

I feel like [name_u]Remy[/name_u] (for boys) is starting to rise in popularity here in Australia. I’m hearing it quite a bit of late. Also, [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] and [name_u]Rio[/name_u] (lots of R names!). Oh, and August.

I’m also curious to see if [name_f]Margot[/name_f] will be on the 2020 top 100 list here. I definitely feel I’m hearing it more and more.

1 Like

Seconding [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]. Many parents see it as a fresh, fashionable choice

3 Likes

Boys
[name_m]Elio[/name_m]
Possibly [name_u]Elias[/name_u] (hope not as I want to use the name :slightly_frowning_face::rofl:)
[name_u]Rory[/name_u] ( for sure)
[name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]

Girls
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_u]Penny[/name_u]
Possibly [name_f]Willa[/name_f]

UK here.

1 Like

Lyra and [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] in the UK.

4 Likes

Ophelia
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Amalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f]

Ambrose (already is haha)
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]
[name_m]Amias[/name_m]
[name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]
[name_m]Ronan[/name_m]
[name_u]Huxley[/name_u]

1 Like

My younger brother [name_u]Connor[/name_u] was born during the name’s first popularity spike. I am at the age now where pretty much all my peers have kids–I hope to join that club soon–and I have definitely considered naming a son after my brother.

I’d love to see [name_u]Connor[/name_u] climb again so it shakes off any kind of slightly dated feel it may be getting.

2 Likes

Kieran! With the popularity of other similarly-sounding Celtic names like [name_u]Aidan[/name_u] and [name_u]Owen[/name_u], I can definitely see [name_u]Kieran[/name_u] going a lot further up the charts.

1 Like

I’ve been hearing [name_m]Ralph[/name_m] and [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] a lot more lately.

2 Likes

Girls:
[name_f]Willa[/name_f], [name_f]Lyra[/name_f], [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f], [name_f]Persephone[/name_f], [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f], [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], [name_f]Odette[/name_f], [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]

I’m not sure for boys. I think I’ve been seeing nature and word names more for boys :slight_smile:

1 Like

Everly. I think it’s going to move up a lot. I think it could be number one in a few years, and rarer sound-alike names ([name_m]Everson[/name_m], [name_m]Everton[/name_m], [name_u]Ever[/name_u], etc.) and variant spellings will grow in popularity too. I also think this is [name_f]Florence[/name_f]’s year for some reason.

1 Like