Names that you would name your son in a heartbeat but your spouse vetoed?

For me:

• Santiago nn santi
  • Sander
  • Sorin
  • Salem

Apparently I like S names for boys and my husband not so much

4 Likes

[name_m]Ah[/name_m] Illarion…

4 Likes

That’s funny, I would use [name_u]Salem[/name_u] in a heartbeat but it was a no from husband, but we agreed on [name_m]Santiago[/name_m] and are using it lol.

[name_u]Callum[/name_u] and [name_u]Dallas[/name_u] were my other true loves but he didn’t like them and they don’t work for us anyway.

3 Likes

Oh wow! What are the chances! I looove [name_m]Santiago[/name_m] so I am happy someone’s husband agreed to it!!
[name_f]May[/name_f] I ask are you or your husband Spanish or Latino/a?

[name_f]My[/name_f] all time favorite boy name is [name_u]Dean[/name_u] but I’ve failed to get my husband to like it! Also [name_m]Conrad[/name_m], [name_m]Preston[/name_m], and [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]

3 Likes

Yeah DH is from Mexico :slight_smile: it’s actually the #1 boys name there right now! (#48 in the US)

2 Likes

We don’t have any Mexican/spanish or Latin heritage so DH says not appropriate but a girl can dream haha

1 Like

mine is charles :ear_of_rice:

i’d love to call our baby this- it’s sturdy and traditional, has a multitude of nicknames, and feels just cowboy enough because of charles wesley godwin and charles ingalls. my partner doesn’t like the sound of it and argues that it’s a name he wouldn’t like to have. oh well, we’re considering george, silas, harvey, and arthur instead.

4 Likes

[name_m]Silas[/name_m]. He says it sounds too much like “stylus” and “stylist” and apparently it also sounds like a villain. :person_shrugging::roll_eyes:

4 Likes

[name_m]Linus[/name_m]. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband actually does like it, thanks to [name_m]Linus[/name_m] van Pelt from Peanuts. But because he works in IT, he thinks everyone would think we named our son after [name_m]Linus[/name_m] Tech Tips or [name_m]Linus[/name_m] Torvalds.

It’s a moot point anyway as we are done having kids, but [name_m]Linus[/name_m] will always be the name that got away for me!

2 Likes

I wouldn’t discourage you from using it, but I do understand. that’s kind of why [name_u]Salem[/name_u], [name_u]Callum[/name_u] and [name_u]Dallas[/name_u] wouldn’t have worked, none of them really flowed right with our hispanic surname. It’s tough having to compromise as a name nerd!

3 Likes

[name_m]Silas[/name_m] - said he would be called [name_m]Silas[/name_m] the Virus… can’t say I thought of that.

[name_u]Jasper[/name_u] - sounded too much like [name_m]Casper[/name_m].

We settled on [name_m]Cillian[/name_m] - because that name is badass!

4 Likes

[name_u]Claude[/name_u]. I would love to use [name_u]Claude[/name_u] and my husband has a big fat veto on it.

He however would love to use [name_f]Persephone[/name_f]. I love how it sounds and hate how it looks on paper. We compromised and named a pet it instead :joy:

3 Likes

A lot! [name_m]Raimondo[/name_m], [name_m]Tiziano[/name_m], Tobia, Nilo…but he loves [name_m]Ernesto[/name_m] and I don’t like it, so we’re even!

2 Likes

[name_u]Henry[/name_u]!

1 Like

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_m]Silas[/name_m] :frowning:

1 Like

I do too. :pensive:

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

[name_f]My[/name_f] husband always has something to say about basically all of my boy names. :roll_eyes:

[name_u]Asa[/name_u]

[name_m]Dashiell[/name_m]

[name_m]Ewan[/name_m]

[name_u]Finn[/name_u]

[name_u]Julian[/name_u]

[name_u]Luca[/name_u]

[name_u]Nolan[/name_u]

[name_u]Shiloh[/name_u]

[name_m]Soren[/name_m]

The only name we could maybe agree on is [name_m]Bastian[/name_m], but it’s not my favorite. He may be on board with [name_m]Peter[/name_m] some days, & I’d be happy with that. Fortunately, this is all hypothetical!

2 Likes

I love [name_m]Caleb[/name_m], my husband can’t stand it.

2 Likes

Too many :rofl:

[name_u]Lennox[/name_u], [name_u]Onyx[/name_u], [name_u]Orion[/name_u], [name_m]Caspian[/name_m], [name_f]Wendall[/name_f], [name_m]Winston[/name_m], [name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m], [name_u]Jasper[/name_u], and [name_u]Rhodes[/name_u] were all on my top list for our son. He wasn’t on board with any of them!

2 Likes