Names to go with Cressida

We have chosen [name_f]Cressida[/name_f] for the first name, but are finding it difficult to chose a second given name to go with this name. [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t want to overshadow the first name but we prefer second names which we would consider choosing as a first name. An alternate first name if preferred.
We have approx. one month to decide.
Your help and ideas would be wonderful.

Well, what else on your list? :slight_smile:

[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Fleur[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Isolde[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Helen[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Leilani[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Thessaly[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Snow[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]

[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Maud[/name_f]/[name_f]Maude[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Dorothea[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Marguerite[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]

Yay! [name_f]Cressida[/name_f] is one of my favourite names - good choice! I love the nn [name_f]Cressie[/name_f].

It sounds a bit uptight so I think something short and spunky in the middle suits it best.

[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Juno[/name_f] (favourite!)
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Lux[/name_f] (2nd fav!)
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Poppy[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Ruby[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Olive[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Luna[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Sadie[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Romy[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Marlo[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Fern[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Lenore[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Mariel[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Nora[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Sybil[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Thea[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Willow[/name_f]

[name_m]How[/name_m] many syllables does your surname have? Knowing that would make it easier for me to suggest middle names.

[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] is stunning! Lots of great suggestions already… here are a few more:

[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Lilac[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Miriam[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f]

and if you like alliteration:

[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Cleo[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]

And I second [name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Willow[/name_f], [name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Helen[/name_f], and [name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Lux[/name_f] above. Simply gorgeous.

[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] is a fantastic choice.

A favorite from my own lists.

Pairing ideas: [name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]

[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Sonnet[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Cecile[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Melody[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Freya[/name_f]

[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Isolde[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Blanche[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Danae[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Elaine[/name_f]

[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Novalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Melusine[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Gaia[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Agnes[/name_f]

Not sure if this was suggested but [name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Mireille[/name_f] (meer-AY) is a beautiful combo. I also quite like [name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_u]Juniper[/name_u].

Ok -I posted a ‘ready’ post and since read once I skipped.

oregano7 -if I take out [name_u]June[/name_u], [name_f]Miriam[/name_f] and [name_f]Claire[/name_f] -all others are on a list.
[name_f]Apollonia[/name_f] not [name_f]Florence[/name_f] or [name_f]Margaret[/name_f], but do you promise your signature quote will come true? [name_m]Just[/name_m] close my eyes?
aym- [name_f]Mireille[/name_f] is on the list and often on my mind. Was the name of the girl in my first [name_m]French[/name_m] language story, and I like [name_u]Juniper[/name_u].
sorceress- [name_f]Danae[/name_f] -I really am close to choosing that and [name_f]Gaia[/name_f] has special significance. so I do like short.
I am relishing your ‘favourite’ list where you have the 1.2 combo and it looks very inviting.
I maybe have too many individual choices i guess, and am not suceeding in putting them into a good combination.
I hope its okay to feedback to show my preferences while I want to convey so much thanks and enjoy any further suggestions.
Kez

Hello and thanks.:slight_smile: Sorry so late replying.
To answer what other names? In the past 7-8 months, we have tried every name I know.:wink:
[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Ariadne[/name_f] - makes too many vowel changes ? maybe [name_f]Athena[/name_f]. Hello and thanks.:slight_smile: Sorry so late replying.

We will actually use 3 given names (tradition) and - defying naming etiquette our surnames is 4 syllables.

[name_m]Long[/name_m] names have been what our famliy had done for so long, it sounds normal and okay to me.
Only the first name and surname are really used. The rest is guilty indulgence or - one of our daughters had chosen to ‘use’ her 2nd name as a preferred name.
Have done many ‘road tests’ and [name_f]Cressida[/name_f] sounds good with our surname to me. Know 3 ‘real life’
Cressidas and the name seems to roll off the tongue fairly easily once you are familiar with it.
I really like [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]/mund but both our surnames incorporate ‘ros/e’-see displayname.

C@29- have used [name_f]Fleur[/name_f], [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] (Ophélie) is on top of list. (great to have the 2nd opinion.)

isabellamarie -I arrived at [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] as a good fit but don’t like [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]! and have used [name_f]Marguerite[/name_f].

minxtruck- not really liking ‘short and spunky’ well short it seems. I do like [name_u]Romy[/name_u] & while I see [name_f]Juno[/name_f] is a great 2nd name -its more like we want another first name. I would not choose [name_f]Juno[/name_f] as a first.

geeknamezyo -[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] just so popular in our area (still considering it), but [name_f]Willow[/name_f] was our family cat for 14 years. [name_f]Louise[/name_f] and [name_f]Thea[/name_f] -yes.
I am amazed that all your suggestions are so close or identical to ours.
I probably should have explained about three names but most people think its pretentious and say so.
We carried on my family tradition and wish to do the same with our 4th child. I am happy with [name_f]Cressida[/name_f] which is the important thing but as i said initially can’t seem to settle on names 2 & 3
that alltogether make an okay/good overall name. My ‘requirements’ are frustrting for those trying to help - I have nothing against CCC if it sounds good, have looked at English, [name_m]French[/name_m] and European names.
Initials are a concern - [name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] - [name_f]Bridget[/name_f], [name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f]? Surname M…
so much thanks, MKR
my favourites list would be very similar to most of yours.
Sorry this earlier reply did not send. I am a learner sorry.