Names We Wanted as Children!

Hello, I’m new here & I have a question for you all- what is the name(s) that you LOVED as a child and wished (back then) that you could be called?

For me, I always thought the name Abigail was the coolest name in the world. I wanted my name to be Abigail so bad I created an alter-ego mermaid persona called Abigail (lol). Other names I loved as a kid were Will, Rose, and Victoria (the name of my childhood best friend). I’m looking forward to hearing others!

4 Likes

Mine was definitely [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]! It was the first name I really loved :)) I also loved [name_f]Alina[/name_f], [name_f]Sapphire[/name_f], [name_f]Stella[/name_f], and [name_f]Celeste[/name_f]!

3 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] name is [name_f]Sarah[/name_f], and when I was 12 I had a teacher who always called me [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] even though that’s not my middle name. I loved it & I really wished my middle name was [name_f]Jane[/name_f] so I could go by [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]. (I still kind of wish this, but not enough to actually change my name especially since my middle is an honor name).

4 Likes

Strange you mention it because I also loved [name_f]Stella[/name_f] as a child too! Something about it was so enchanting to me.

1 Like

I think Elizabeth is the only one that I thought of for myself, but I also really liked Emma and Mia!

2 Likes

I wanted to be an [name_f]Alexa[/name_f] or [name_f]Alexia[/name_f] (so glad I wasn’t lol), [name_f]Venus[/name_f], or [name_f]Clover[/name_f].

2 Likes

Oh gosh, I liked sooo many! [name_u]Sunny[/name_u], [name_f]Samantha[/name_f] nn [name_u]Sammy[/name_u], [name_f]Avalon[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] (as my first name rather than my middle), [name_f]Elsa[/name_f], [name_f]Suzy[/name_f] (as a tiny toddler!), [name_f]Sadie[/name_f], [name_f]Emily[/name_f], and most definitely [name_f]Opal[/name_f] (my birthstone, and one of my first name loves).

2 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] middle name is [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and I always wanted to be [name_f]Elle[/name_f] or [name_u]Nelly[/name_u]. I also liked [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], [name_f]Tilly[/name_f], or [name_f]Cat[/name_f]

2 Likes

I always liked [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] and [name_f]Katie[/name_f], but I don’t know that I wanted to change names, I was quite happy with my own.

Other names I was obsessed with as a child: [name_f]Iris[/name_f], [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] (Which at the time I thought was pronounced Eve-lyn) [name_f]Frida[/name_f], [name_u]Esme[/name_u], [name_f]Zara[/name_f], [name_f]Roxanna[/name_f], [name_f]Isadora[/name_f], [name_f]Annemarie[/name_f], [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]

2 Likes

I remember [name_f]Amaryllis[/name_f] being the first name that I was totally obsessed with and wanted it to be my name.

3 Likes

I wanted to be a [name_f]Julia[/name_f].

4 Likes

I’ve always been very happy with my name, but that being said, I really loved the name [name_f]Francesca[/name_f]!

3 Likes

I desperately wanted a more modern, trendy name! I thought my name was horribly old fashioned, so I used names like [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u], [name_f]Rosalyn[/name_f], [name_u]Avery[/name_u], and [name_f]Brielle[/name_f] for internet games!

2 Likes

I absolutely loved place names when I was younger, so ever since I heard of it I wanted to be a [name_f]Vienna[/name_f], I still love this name dearly

2 Likes

As a little kid, I remember I always called myself Sarah, Sophie or Crystal when playing roleplay games with other children! I also liked Kat, Louisa and Lottie! Most of these were inspired by book characters.

2 Likes

I definitely would’ve picked [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f], [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f], [name_f]Elise[/name_f], or [name_f]Julia[/name_f] :purple_heart:

2 Likes

I always wanted to be [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f], [name_f]Claire[/name_f] or [name_f]Kaitlyn[/name_f] :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I wanted my sisters name [name_m]Ebbie[/name_m], it was more feminine sounding then my name
I liked “blue” and colour names for some reason
So I wanted to be called Aqua-like aquamarine
I also “made up” a name by combining [name_u]Sky[/name_u] and [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] which was Skylett lol
Then when I was older I wanted to be called Eden/Edenia

3 Likes

My first were Achille (b) and Angelica. I was five. I also have fallen in love with Clotilde (g) in the last two years of elementary school. Let’s say I was not a big fan of boy names, lol.

For a name I wanted to be named, I always wanted to be named Clara for all my childhood until I was like 13! Since I was like 4.

3 Likes

I used to want to be called Ella, and would tell girls called Ella that it was my favourite name :joy: i was a massive tomboy and wanted a boyish name, especially Samantha nn Sam. Other names i really loved were Amy and Crystal which I’d use on games. I also desperately wanted a nn i could go by… i have always had a lot of opinions on names ig :joy:

2 Likes