Names We Wanted as Children!

I think I liked both [name_f]Stella[/name_f] (which is now my cat’s name) and [name_f]Luna[/name_f]. Oh, and [name_f]Zoey[/name_f]!

1 Like

I think [name_f]Alexa[/name_f] was the main one that I wanted to be called. I remember trying to go by [name_u]Dani[/name_u] (short form of my middle name) but that didn’t stick at all.

1 Like

For some reason, l really loved the name [name_f]Kate[/name_f], and anything which could be shortened to [name_f]Kate[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite (which l don’t like at all anymore) was [name_f]Katrina[/name_f], and l also loved [name_f]Kateri[/name_f], [name_f]Kathleen[/name_f], and [name_f]Kathryn[/name_f] (just this spelling). I also loved [name_f]Kyla[/name_f], [name_f]Kylie[/name_f], [name_f]Kaylee[/name_f], and [name_f]Kayla[/name_f].

1 Like

i really wished my name were samantha in kindergarten, then jessica, jennifer, julianna… i was loving up the dated j names! my friend and i actually called each other jennifer and amanda for most of fifth grade.

1 Like

Funny story, mine was [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] too! :heart: At one point it was [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f], Elisa/Eliza, [name_f]Lacey[/name_f], [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f], etc., too, but [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] was the first one.

2 Likes

I wanted to be Dakota, Naomi or Kira as a 10-11 yo in the late 90s. A bit later it was Arcadia, Amaranth/a or Araminta.

1 Like

i used to want to be kira so bad!! when we would play house as kids that would be the name i picked!
other names i liked were: quinn, lexi, maeve, and aria

2 Likes

I always wanted to be [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]! Would’ve gone by [name_u]Alex[/name_u] but also loved [name_u]Lexi[/name_u].

1 Like

I remember being jealous of my cousin’s name, [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Emilia[/name_f]. I felt like my name was awkwardly long and clumsy, and yearned for something short and simple! I think I wanted to be called [name_f]Meri[/name_f], [name_f]Tuuli[/name_f], [name_f]Pinja[/name_f], or [name_f]Pihla[/name_f] - something nature themed sounded suitably magical to me.

2 Likes

I wanted to be called [name_u]Kelly[/name_u], a name I have no fondness for anymore.

But my favorite name was Ordando. I found it in a baby name book (one I got at a yard sale and wore the cover off because I read it so much), but I’ve never seen it since.

3 Likes

I wanted to be a boy named [name_u]David[/name_u] [name_m]Philip[/name_m].

I hated my name, and there was never a girl’s name I really wanted.

2 Likes

I used to want to be named [name_f]Atlanta[/name_f], idk why. I just thought it sounded really cool I guess lol :joy:

3 Likes

I wanted to be [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f], [name_f]Emily[/name_f] or [name_f]Lily[/name_f]!

1 Like

so i’m a teenberry so technically mine doesnt count but when i was very little i adored the name charlotte! when i found out i was having a sibling i begged for her to be charlotte and though i would never use it irl, part of me still loves the name :))

3 Likes

i definitely had different taste as a child. i wanted to be an ashley, and wanted to name my future child adalynn. not that there is anything wrong with these names, but wow have my opinions changed.
things started looking up when i named one of my dolls hazel :))

1 Like

[name_f]Victoria[/name_f] as a kid, [name_f]Kayla[/name_f] for a while, then [name_f]Indi[/name_f] in my teens

I never wanted a different name, but my favorite names before double-digits were Bella, Emily, Rosie, Rebecca, Destiny, & Olivia!

1 Like

I was so in love with the name [name_u]Paris[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] as a child. I wished it were my name, and I was convinced it would be my daughter’s name someday! It just sounded so pretty and chic to little me. (That was when I was about six or seven years old.)

2 Likes

I just wanted to be a [name_u]Willow[/name_u], and still do to this day :sob: but honestly I wouldn’t have cared unless it was girly. [name_f]My[/name_f] irl name is so ugly and it’s a boy name I really fucking hate it lol sorry, excuse my [name_u]French[/name_u]

1 Like

I used to want to be named [name_f]Kate[/name_f] as a kid in elementary school, because I read the pretty little liars series back then, and thought [name_f]Kate[/name_f] was the coolest name ever :joy: I also wanted to be named [name_f]Hanna[/name_f] because of the PLL series; and also [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] because I thought it was cute, simple, and because of the actress [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_u]Hale[/name_u] - I thought she had the coolest name ever

1 Like