Names which lend themselves to the nickname Story?

[name]Hi[/name] all! :smiley:

I am in love with the name [name]Story[/name] and while dh likes it, he is very hesitant to use it as the official name on our daughter-to-be’s birth certificate. To that end, we are hoping to find a name, that we both like, which would lend itself to using [name]Story[/name] as a nickname.

I am totally drawing a blank on this one. :?:

[name]TIA[/name]! :smiley:

I’m in the same boat (except I’m the one that won’t use it on a BC). Closest thing I can think of is [name]Vic[/name]toria. It’s a bit of a stretch but it just may work. I posted about this a while back, and I got suggestions of Storianna and [name]Astoria[/name], but I’m not a huge fan of either. [name]Astoria[/name] reminds me of the hotel.

We’ll probably use it as a middle if we end up using it, though.

This one is tricky! You could consider using [name]Story[/name] as the middle and calling her that. Otherwise (and some of these are quite a stretch):

Astor
[name]Esther[/name]/[name]Ester[/name]
[name]Arista[/name]
[name]Aston[/name]
[name]Astra[/name]
Pastora
[name]Torsten[/name] (I think this is a boys’ name, but that might not bother you)

You could use it as a combo of first and middle names for something like
[name]Stella[/name] [name]Gloria[/name]

I wonder if you could get away with using it as a nickname for [name]Anastasia[/name] [name]Rory[/name]

I would suggest [name]Astoria[/name]. I always liked that name.

Stealing some of the other suggestions and blending them together, to throw [name]Stella[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] into the mix.

[name]Stella[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] - elegant and refined woman
[name]Story[/name] - spunky little girl

That’s the first one that came to my mind, as well. I love [name]Astoria[/name] :slight_smile:

Thanks for all of the suggestions! I do like the name [name]Astoria[/name] (although I wasn’t familiar with it at all until it was posted here). I am going to run that by dh and see what he thinks of it. I also like the name Storyanna or Storyann but they seem ‘made up’ to me. However, I do love the sound of it. I think I would like it better as [name]Story[/name]-[name]Anna[/name] or [name]Story[/name] [name]Ann[/name].

[name]Victoria[/name] is out as I have a niece with that name (drats, I really like using that in combination to get [name]Story[/name] as a nickname).

I will let you know how dh reacts! THANK YOU so much!! I am still so completely undeceided that it’s about to drive me crazy.

I love the names [name]Story[/name], [name]Shiloh[/name], Clemintine, [name]Leia[/name] (pronounced like the princess from [name]Star[/name] Wars) [name]Emmeline[/name] (pronouced [name]Emma[/name]-line) and [name]Sawyer[/name] (is there any combination I could pair with [name]Sawyer[/name] to get to [name]Story[/name] do you think?)

Dh likes the names [name]Sawyer[/name], [name]Caroline[/name], [name]Shiloh[/name] and [name]Story[/name] and who knows what else he will suggest (usually names that are not my style). We would just go ahead with [name]Sawyer[/name] but we have four boys already and others have pointed out that a little girl named [name]Sawyer[/name] might seem to boyish (??I still don’t think that’s exactly true but dh seems convinced). And the reactions to [name]Shiloh[/name] have all involved mentioning [name]Brad[/name] [name]Pitt[/name]/ [name]Angelina[/name] [name]Jolie[/name]…I do not want to constantly explain that we just like the name and it has nothing to do with them. :roll:

So anyhow, thanks again and any other name suggestions you have would be great! :slight_smile: