Names with Multiple Pronunciations - Madeline

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] Berries,

I had a beautiful daughter that we named [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]. The names [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] and [name_f]Claire[/name_f] were our top two favorites throughout my pregnancy. We had trouble ultimately deciding on her name so we waited to name her until after she was born. We knew she would most likely be [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] or [name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Madeline[/name_f].

[name_f]Madeline[/name_f] is a name I have adored since I was a child. Growing up with the ā€˜[name_f]Madeline[/name_f]ā€™ books, tv shows, and movie cemented the Mad-uh-line pronunciation for me and that is the pronunciation I prefer. My husband and other family members liked the Mad-uh-line pronunciation, but also liked the Mad-uh-[name_u]Lyn[/name_u] or Mad-uh-[name_m]Len[/name_m] pronunciation.

Ultimately we went with [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] as her first name not realizing all of the pronunciation problems we would run into. Most people say [name_f]Madeline[/name_f]'s name like Mad-uh-[name_u]Lyn[/name_u]. I never realized it would bother me so much. [name_m]Even[/name_m] after I introduce her as Mad-uh-[name_f]Line[/name_f] they will still call her Mad-uh-[name_u]Lyn[/name_u]. I feel like I set her up for a lifetime of name issues and having to correct people on her pronunciation.

Sometimes I wish we just named her [name_f]Claire[/name_f]. Much more straightforward.

Is it crazy to want people to use my preferred pronunciation even though it is less popular? Should I give in and just call her Mad-uh-[name_u]Lyn[/name_u]? Should she go by both? Does anyone know any Mad-uh-Lines?

My husband says people will learn her name the way we say. Maybe Iā€™m just being too sensitive.

Thoughts?