Names with my sibset - poll

Baby number three is on the way (you’re all finding out before my family even :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:), and the reality of that pink line has put me in a tailspin about the names that I was so sure I had nailed down, or maybe I’m just excited to get to name another human, and I want to return to the thrill of the chase.

So, my first two are named Ariel@ nn Ari (she is ours through adoption and her name is a little more flowery than I would use for a biological child because I wanted fn and mn combo to be clearly Latina) and Rub(e)n nn Rue. I love a cohesive sibset with all of my heart so I want to keep the unexpected Hebrew origin names with modern latin twist that work in both English and Spanish and preferably have nicknames.

Here are two polls with my top boy name choices, one by the first name and one by nickname. The parenthesis are just an effort at privacy.

• Ariel@, Rube(n), and Adlai
  • Ariel@, Rube(n), and Amos
  • Ariel@, Rube(n), and Emanuel
  • Ariel@, Rube(n), and Jonas
  • Ariel@, Rube(n), and Jesse

0 voters

• Ar(i), Ru(e), and Ado
  • Ar(i), Ru(e), and Ames
  • Ar(i), Ru(e), and Emme
  • Ar(i), Ru(e), and Joey
  • Ar(i), Ru(e), and Jess

0 voters

[name_u]Jesse[/name_u] is wonderful! I like [name_u]Amos[/name_u] too :slight_smile:

[name_m]Adlai[/name_m] nn [name_f]Ado[/name_f] or [name_u]Amos[/name_u] nn [name_m]Ames[/name_m] - they’re both so cool and not too popular :sparkles::black_heart:

Does anyone care to offer their reasoning for [name_m]Jonas[/name_m]? I like the idea, but it sounds a little preppy to me compared to my other kids’ names.

I vote for [name_u]Emanuel[/name_u] / [name_f]Emme[/name_f]. I also really like [name_u]Jesse[/name_u] / [name_u]Jess[/name_u]!

I like [name_u]Amos[/name_u] and it fits nicely but personally am not a fan of repeat initials so that’s why I prefer the other two.

I’m not sure about [name_m]Jonas[/name_m]. It sounds nice but I think your older kids’ names are more exciting and outshine [name_m]Jonas[/name_m] tbh.

[name_u]Jesse[/name_u]!

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite for you is [name_m]Jonas[/name_m] — to me, it has the same playful and outgoing yet cosy vibe as Rub(e)n and Ar(i). It doesn’t feel preppy to me at all!

I really like [name_m]Adlai[/name_m] too, and I think it does the best job of bridging the stylistic differences between your other kids’ names, but I don’t like the fact that two of them would have ‘A’ names and one wouldn’t (that’s purely personal preference though and just my reasoning for preferring Jonas!).

1 Like