Names with nn of Essie?

Hey, create an account just to ask this question, because I’m both a writer and a sleep deprived single dad who has a story that - no lie - came during a power nap.

And [name_f]Essie[/name_f] is what this character goes by and none of the few options I’ve been able to jangle out of my brain, but - any ideas?

Esmeray. It’s a Turkish name I believe that means dark moon.

1 Like

Hi there.

Essie is cute! [name_f]Esther[/name_f], [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] & [name_f]Estella[/name_f] are the most obvious options. You could do [name_f]Estee[/name_f] if you wanted to be really quirky like [name_f]Estee[/name_f] Lauder. [name_u]Or[/name_u] you could do [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] or [name_f]Elspeth[/name_f] if you don’t mind the nick name being sort of a stretch.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just a thought but what if the character had a double name with initials S.E. that somehow morphed into [name_f]Essie[/name_f] as a nickname. Like [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] or [name_u]Sydney[/name_u] [name_f]Elouise[/name_f] etc.

1 Like

I think [name_f]Esperanza[/name_f] could work well.

Maybe [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f]?

Esme
[name_m]Espen[/name_m]
Esper
[name_f]Eska[/name_f]

Estella
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f]
[name_f]Ines[/name_f]
[name_f]Agnes[/name_f]
[name_f]Vanessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Teresa[/name_f]
[name_f]Lourdes[/name_f]

Welcome! Cracked up at your intro.

Mostly everything’s been suggested, but what came to mind for me was Esmerine, which is a bit obscure, but there it is!

You could try the advanced search function and put ‘ess’ or ‘es’ in ‘the contains’ section?

Esme
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f]/ [name_f]Tess[/name_f]
[name_u]Destry[/name_u]
[name_f]Cecily[/name_f]
[name_f]Alessia[/name_f]

I think [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] could work bescause [name_f]Bess[/name_f] is a nickname!

Cressida, [name_f]Elise[/name_f], [name_f]Elspeth[/name_f], [name_f]Estella[/name_f], [name_u]Ellis[/name_u], [name_f]Esme[/name_f]

Jessica, [name_f]Tessa[/name_f], [name_f]Thessaly[/name_f]?

Seconding [name_f]Estelle[/name_f], [name_f]Estella[/name_f], [name_f]Esther[/name_f], [name_f]Elspeth[/name_f] and [name_f]Esme[/name_f]! Maybe [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] or [name_f]Elsbeth[/name_f]?

[name_f]Estella[/name_f]
[name_f]Estelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Estrella[/name_f]
[name_f]Esther[/name_f]
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]/Elisabeth
[name_f]Esmerelda[/name_f]

Esme
[name_u]Essex[/name_u]
[name_f]Vanessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Esther[/name_f]
[name_f]Estelle[/name_f]
[name_u]Vesper[/name_u]
[name_u]Lesley[/name_u]

A more unusual idea is Debussy and [name_f]Essence[/name_f].

Also [name_u]Esca[/name_u].

Harvest

Esmeralda
[name_f]Esme[/name_f]
[name_f]Esmae[/name_f]
[name_f]Esther[/name_f]
[name_f]Estelle[/name_f] / [name_f]Estella[/name_f]
[name_f]Celeste[/name_f]
[name_f]Alessia[/name_f]

1 Like

Esmerelda, Esmerée, [name_f]Esmee[/name_f]…