names with the same feel as Annie?

I am in need of a name that I love as much as [name]Annie[/name].
there are 2 little Annies under 18 mos. here in our neighborhood so even though I love it and i love how it sounds when our kids say it…[name]Annie[/name] is out for us :frowning: can you suggest other names that are classic/cute/spunky for me?
thanks.

What is you like about [name]Annie[/name] so much? The vowel sound? The “i-e” sound?

[name]Evie[/name]
[name]Gracie[/name]
[name]Josie[/name]
[name]Posey[/name]
[name]Zoie[/name]
[name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Lulu[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name]
[name]Callie[/name]
[name]Rilla[/name]
[name]Zizi[/name]

[name]Maggie[/name]
[name]Katie[/name]
[name]Bridget[/name]
[name]Holly[/name]
[name]Becca[/name]
[name]Calla[/name]
[name]Deanie[/name] (nn for [name]Dean[/name])

I just like it because of the way it sounds and the style of it. I wasnt a nn namer before but I really like this name and how it ages.
thanks for your help!

I love the name [name]Annie[/name] – even though there are 2 [name]Annie[/name]'s in your neighborhood, how about having a full name with the nn of [name]Annie[/name]?

[name]Anna[/name]
Annabeth
[name]Annabelle[/name]
[name]Joanna[/name]/[name]Johanna[/name]

I also like [name]Grace[/name]/[name]Gracie[/name], as [name]Ann[/name] means “grace”.

I love [name]Annie[/name] too. You could always try spelling it [name]Anni[/name] if you want to be a bit different from the others.

Names that remind me of [name]Annie[/name] for various reasons:

[name]Molly[/name]
[name]Maggie[/name]
[name]Allie[/name]
[name]Addie[/name]
[name]Josie[/name]
[name]Millie[/name]
[name]Sally[/name]
[name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Penny[/name]
[name]Hattie[/name]
[name]Evie[/name]
[name]Elsie[/name]
[name]Sadie[/name]
[name]Libby[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name]
[name]Polly[/name]
[name]Maisie[/name]
[name]Winnie[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Amy[/name]

Oh, [name]Annie[/name] is so adorable and timeless, I just love it. I would really strongly urge you not to be swayed by the other baby [name]Annie[/name]'s you know- after all, your little girl is going to grow up and won’t know them forever. Then I would hate to think you’ll regret not giving her the name you love :frowning:

Maybe you could give her a longer name that [name]Annie[/name] could be used as a nickname for, and call her that while you have those other little girls in the neighborhood, then when she goes to school she could be [name]Annie[/name]?

• [name]Anna[/name]
  • [name]Annabel[/name]
  • [name]Annette[/name]
  • [name]Andrea[/name]
  • [name]Annette[/name]
  • [name]Annora[/name]
  • Annabeth
  • [name]Anne[/name]

I would suggest just [name]Anna[/name]- also a beautiful, timeless name with the obvious nn of [name]Annie[/name]. If you ever feel overwhelmed by the number of [name]Annie[/name]'s, you could fall back on [name]Anna[/name], but you’d have the name you love readily accessible. :slight_smile:

But if you’d rather name her something else,

• [name]Hallie[/name]
  • [name]Katie[/name]
  • [name]Molly[/name]
  • [name]Maggie[/name]
  • [name]Josie[/name]
  • [name]Posey[/name]
  • [name]Millie[/name]
  • [name]Libby[/name]
  • [name]Lizzie[/name]
  • [name]Emma[/name], [name]Emmy[/name]
  • [name]Lucy[/name]
  • [name]Lanie[/name]
  • [name]Cassie[/name]
  • [name]Ellie[/name]
  • Bethie

(sorry for repeats! btw i love cressida’s list)

etc. you could use full names for those too as those are all nickname names, if you wanted. best of luck!!!