Names with the same root as Kilmeny?

I discovered the name Kilmeny in a book and I find it very interesting, but there is the obvious drawback of it sounding like “kill many”. For future reference, does anyone know any similar names with the same root or same feel?
Please don’t suggest [name_u]Kimberly[/name_u].

[name_u]Kennedy[/name_u], [name_f]Kessy[/name_f], [name_u]Colby[/name_u], [name_f]Kirsty[/name_f], [name_f]Cordelie[/name_f], [name_f]Coralie[/name_f], [name_u]Kenzie[/name_u], [name_f]Kenley[/name_f], [name_u]Kerry[/name_u], [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u], [name_f]Callie[/name_f], [name_u]Keeley[/name_u], [name_u]Kelsie[/name_u].

I have loved this name since I was a preteen—I’ve read all of L.M. [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m]'s books and she really had some characters with great names in her lesser known books. I am also sad that everyone would think the name was Kill-Many as well due to its obscurity. I am expecting my second child, if it is another girl, I may just use it anyway. I have always pronounced it KILL-muh-nee, placing emphasis on the first syllable.

Kilmeny! Oh my. I remember the first time I read Kilmeny of the Orchard and thought it was the most exotically romantic name I’d ever heard. Have you read the poem by [name_u]James[/name_u] Hogg? I’m having a hard time thinking of any similar names. The root is Gaelic cill which means church. So there’s [name_m]Cillian[/name_m], of course, which is male. Maybe [name_f]Calliope[/name_f]. [name_f]Kirrily[/name_f] is pretty close, as is Khione. Kestrel isn’t too similar, but it might interest you. [name_f]Khaleesi[/name_f], which love it or hate, seems to be an official name now.

*Here’s* an interesting read on Gaelic place names with Cill in them. One of them might interest you. According to that, kill is also Scotish for kiln, so Kilmeny could come from that, since I believe Kilmeny is a town in [name_f]Scotland[/name_f]. ??

Nooshi has some good suggestions that are similar in sound. To me, Kilmeny feels sort of old world, maybe a bit medieval. These names don’t have the same sound as Kilmeny, but they ‘feel’ like Kilmeny, at least to me.

Alifair
[name_f]Amaryllis[/name_f]- who could be called [name_f]Rilla[/name_f] after another [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] heroine.
[name_f]Amoret[/name_f]
[name_f]Angharad[/name_f]
[name_f]Antigone[/name_f]
[name_f]Arcadia[/name_f]
[name_f]Astoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Bronwen[/name_f]
[name_f]Calanthe[/name_f]
[name_f]Ceridwen[/name_f]
Clarimond
[name_u]Damaris[/name_u]
[name_f]Endellion[/name_f]
Everild
Faraday
[name_f]Ferelith[/name_f]
Finnavair
Gwenllian
Hecate
[name_f]Idony[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabeau[/name_f]
Isidra
Kinneret
[name_f]Leitha[/name_f]
[name_f]Leocadia[/name_f]
Loveday
Madelief
Perenelle
[name_f]Romilly[/name_f]
Tabrett
[name_f]Talitha[/name_f]
Taygete
[name_f]Thessaly[/name_f]

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you like Kintyre or Kinvara? They’re Scottish and Irish place names that I think are beautiful.

Since Kilmeny is extremely rare you’ll probably have a hard time finding a bunch of suggestions, you might have to do your own research into the etymology etc.

I loved that story as a kid! Any of the Irish Kil- place names, like Killarney or Kilkenny, might work. [name_f]Camilla[/name_f] has most of the same sounds, too.