Names you get called by mistake?

I thought this would be fun! When I was in elementary, I would get called [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] instead of [name_f]Veronica[/name_f] by mistake and once got called [name_f]Vanessa[/name_f]! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Soooo many. I’m sure I’m forgetting some, but these are the most common ones

[name_f]Chantal[/name_f]
[name_f]Chantelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Jacqueline[/name_f]
[name_u]Jackie[/name_u]
[name_f]Cinnamon[/name_f]
Chandelier
Charlene

:upside_down_face::upside_down_face:

3 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] name has a few pronunciations, and I get those sometimes. I occasionally get similar sounding names as well, but usually it’s fine and people get my name right.

1 Like

So I’m [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] and often get called instead of my name [name_f]Veronica[/name_f] & [name_f]Rebekah[/name_f]. I actually get [name_f]Rebekah[/name_f] so often it’s funny as [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] is so unrelated to [name_f]Rebekah[/name_f]. Concerning [name_f]Veronica[/name_f] when I was 16 I did a casual cash in hand waitressing job and was known as [name_f]Veronica[/name_f] at the place instead of [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] I kept trying to correct the owner but it was pointless so ran with [name_f]Veronica[/name_f]. They even shorted [name_f]Veronica[/name_f] to [name_u]Ronnie[/name_u] and I would collect my wages in an envelope with [name_u]Ronnie[/name_u] on the front :joy::joy:

2 Likes

My name is [name_f]Brynn[/name_f]. More people know the name now but when I was born it was very unheard of in the US.

In school I could probably count the number of times a substitute teacher pronounced my name right on 2 hands. It was usually [name_m]Brian[/name_m], or brine, or occasionally [name_m]Byron[/name_m]. [name_m]Even[/name_m] today I commonly get called [name_m]Brian[/name_m] (or they probably think it’s [name_m]Bryan[/name_m]) when someone reads my name out loud for the first time.

When I say my name people often ask me to repeat it or say “[name_u]Brit[/name_u]? [name_f]Bree[/name_f]?”

2 Likes

This reminds me of when I was in 5th grade, there was this girl named [name_u]Bryn[/name_u] and one day during the announcements, they called her [name_m]Brian[/name_m] instead of [name_u]Bryn[/name_u]! :rofl:

That happens to me about once a week!

1 Like

Oh wow I feel so bad for you! :rofl:

I personally think it’s self explanatory, like [name_u]Flynn[/name_u] or [name_u]Lynn[/name_u], but I guess people struggle with it. I still love my name and I wouldn’t change it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree with you! At least you still love your name! I think [name_f]Brynn[/name_f] is a pretty name anyways :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’m wondering how they got [name_f]Rebekah[/name_f] out of [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] right now lol.

1 Like

I got called [name_f]Rebecca[/name_f] by a teacher all through high school.

My name is [name_f]Bethany[/name_f] :joy: even still get a few [name_f]Becky[/name_f]’s instead of [name_f]Beth[/name_f]’s

1 Like

Honestly have no idea :joy::joy:

1 Like

I’m [name_f]Julia[/name_f], and I get [name_u]Julie[/name_u] all the time, especially from older folks, and sometimes [name_f]Jillian[/name_f]. I also used to get called [name_f]Grace[/name_f] frequently as a kid because there was a girl named [name_f]Grace[/name_f] at my school who looked quite similar to me. More recently as an adult, I’ve also gotten my name misremembered as [name_u]Ashley[/name_u], [name_f]Emily[/name_f], and [name_f]Jessica[/name_f] in different contexts–I don’t know if they’re mistaking me for someone they know who supposedly looks similar, or if they’re just going for generic common names of my age group or something :rofl: Plus, of course, my mom has occasionally mistakenly called me by my brother’s name, her sisters’ names, the dog’s name, etc. for years.

1 Like

I’m an [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], and I get a lot of [name_f]Laura[/name_f], [name_f]Lauren[/name_f], [name_f]Flora[/name_f], [name_f]Elora[/name_f], [name_f]Gloria[/name_f], [name_f]Florence[/name_f]…

1 Like

I’m trying to think how people are mistaken you as [name_u]Ashley[/name_u], [name_f]Jessica[/name_f] and [name_f]Emily[/name_f] :rofl:

I really think they must be confusing me with other people they know or something, because the names aren’t close at all!

1 Like

That’s what I’m starting to conclude!

I’ve gotten [name_f]Maddie[/name_f], [name_u]Mason[/name_u] [name_f]Madeline[/name_f], [name_f]Madelyn[/name_f]. Sometimes I get called a completely different name but that’s less of a mistake on my name (spent a year in high school responding to [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] because that’s what my teacher was convinced my name was).

1 Like

[name_u]Morgan[/name_u] and [name_f]Meg[/name_f]. That’s pretty much it.

1 Like