Names you get called by mistake?

Leah.

All. The. D*mn. Time.

1 Like

Iā€™ve had people mishear [name_f]Grace[/name_f] as [name_u]Ash[/name_u] and [name_u]Jess[/name_u]

2 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] parents thought it was cool and named me [name_f]Kenna[/name_f], as a full name, so I get a lot of [name_f]Makenna[/name_f], [name_u]Kennedy[/name_u] and [name_u]Makenzie[/name_u]. At this point, I will respond to them all lol.

1 Like

Same here with me and [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. Doesnā€™t really feel like my name!

For [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] I often get people who think itā€™s spelled [name_f]Aliza[/name_f]??? For some reason??? [name_m]Even[/name_m] though that spelling is much less common. And even more often (fairly regularly actually) I get [name_m]Elijah[/name_m] :sob:

5 Likes

I donā€™t want to say my real name but people usually call me:
[name_f]Sophia[/name_f]?(which doesnā€™t even sound like my name)
[name_f]Athena[/name_f]

3 Likes

My name is Michƫllƫ. The only name I have EVER been called by mistake is MƫlissƤ. It fascinates me. No other M name, ever.

1 Like

I just commented the same thing before reading this!! Iā€™ve always figured that I look like a [name_f]Melissa[/name_f]ā€¦

I have gotten every [name_u]Kris[/name_u] name under the sun :joy: but I get [name_f]Krystal[/name_f] and [name_f]Kristin[/name_f] the most.
Though when I answer the phone at my work people always think my name is [name_u]Stacy[/name_u] or [name_f]Susan[/name_f] and Iā€™m not sure why lol.

1 Like

Iā€™m an [name_f]Anna[/name_f], and Iā€™ve been called [name_f]Hannah[/name_f], [name_f]Annie[/name_f], and [name_u]Honor[/name_u].

1 Like

Rachel, because of a lookalike in my class!

Iā€™ve also had my name spelled [name_f]Cristine[/name_f] when ordering food :grin:

1 Like

Iā€™m really not sure it counts because itā€™s just my dad being my dadā€¦

But Iā€™m [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] and his partner is [name_f]Karen[/name_f]. We get swapped a lot when my dad is trying to say our names. But he does also sometimes call me [name_f]Frances[/name_f] (my sisterā€™s name). I assume itā€™s just a parent thing.

1 Like

I have been called [name_f]Ella[/name_f], [name_u]Ice[/name_u]-la, Iz-la and [name_u]Island[/name_u]!

1 Like

Island? Thatā€™s unusual

1 Like

Yeah, I knowā€¦I think they were surprised tooā€¦when someone asks me my name, I say it very quietly. So they donā€™t hear. [name_u]Or[/name_u], more unfortunately, they presume I am a weirdo and have a ā€œweirdā€ name. Not that [name_u]Island[/name_u] is a weird nameā€¦

1 Like

Isnā€™t your name [name_f]Isla[/name_f]? If so then I guess I could understand that they thought it was [name_u]Island[/name_u]. [name_f]Isla[/name_f] is very similar to [name_u]Island[/name_u] and also means island

1 Like

I get called [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] a lotā€” by teachers and even classmates. To be honest, I wish I was [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yes it is. I have also been called Aeila___(a girl who I went to school with)

1 Like

I have one of the most common names from the 90s/00s and Iā€™ve still had people say it wrong. Iā€™ve been [name_f]Anna[/name_f], [name_f]Annie[/name_f], [name_f]Anya[/name_f], basically any name that starts with An- Iā€™ve been called before. And my name starts with an Hā€¦

I also get [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] a lot, itā€™s my friendā€™s name, we both wear glasses and are fairly tall (sheā€™s a good few inches shorter than me still), we have totally different body types, hair colour, hair style and personality/mannerisms yet people still canā€™t tell us apart!

One of my teachers calls me [name_f]Emma[/name_f] all the time. Thereā€™s another girl at my school with my surname whoā€™s name is [name_f]Emma[/name_f] (weā€™re not related and are absolutely nothing alike), so thats where that comes from. Heā€™s taught me for two years so it is quite annoying :joy:

1 Like

Hannah into [name_f]Emma[/name_f] and [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] is actually a little funny :sweat_smile: I can relate about people not telling me and one of my friendā€™s apart!

1 Like

Zoe gets [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] ALL THE TIME as well as [name_m]Zo[/name_m] (my name is pronounced with two syllables).

3 Likes