Names you get called by mistake?

Yes it is. I have also been called Aeila___(a girl who I went to school with)

1 Like

I have one of the most common names from the 90s/00s and I’ve still had people say it wrong. I’ve been [name_f]Anna[/name_f], [name_f]Annie[/name_f], [name_f]Anya[/name_f], basically any name that starts with An- I’ve been called before. And my name starts with an H…

I also get [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] a lot, it’s my friend’s name, we both wear glasses and are fairly tall (she’s a good few inches shorter than me still), we have totally different body types, hair colour, hair style and personality/mannerisms yet people still can’t tell us apart!

One of my teachers calls me [name_f]Emma[/name_f] all the time. There’s another girl at my school with my surname who’s name is [name_f]Emma[/name_f] (we’re not related and are absolutely nothing alike), so thats where that comes from. He’s taught me for two years so it is quite annoying :joy:

1 Like

Hannah into [name_f]Emma[/name_f] and [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] is actually a little funny :sweat_smile: I can relate about people not telling me and one of my friend’s apart!

1 Like

Zoe gets [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] ALL THE TIME as well as [name_m]Zo[/name_m] (my name is pronounced with two syllables).

2 Likes

Erm, so when I used to work at Panera I had an [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] nametag on because I was considering changing my name still and wanted to try it out. It gave management and customers alike a fit because everyone I worked with called me [name_u]Ashley[/name_u] but the customers called me [name_f]Annabel[/name_f]. :rofl: At one point, a customer asked my sister (who worked with me) if [name_u]Ashley[/name_u] and [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] were twin sisters. hahahaha.

Because of this, I’ve gotten nearly every “A” name imaginable (and also by mistake, from other “A” named employees I’ve worked with:

Amanda
[name_f]Amy[/name_f]
[name_f]Alicia[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Alyssa[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Ashlyn[/name_f]
[name_u]Ali[/name_u]

I feel like I’ve also gotten [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] at some point?

2 Likes

My name is [name_f]Eve[/name_f]. The amount of times I get called [name_f]Eva[/name_f] omg! People also assume my name is [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u].

1 Like

Oh my gosh, my name is [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] and I constantly get called [name_u]Elias[/name_u], and sometimes [name_m]Elvis[/name_m]!

1 Like

Elvis?!?! I can’t believe that :rofl:

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] name is [name_f]Madisson[/name_f], so I have not really struggled with people mistaking my name for another, I usually deal with wrong spellings. However, there was this one teacher in high school who always called me [name_u]Mandy[/name_u]. I went by [name_f]Mady[/name_f], but she always called me [name_u]Mandy[/name_u]. One of my science teachers also called me [name_f]Becky[/name_f] or [name_u]Beck[/name_u], which I responded to, but that was because he knew my mum when they were younger (my mum’s name) and I think he used that instead of [name_f]Mady[/name_f]/Madisson because there were three of us in the class. But it was really weird.

1 Like

Cindy. [name_f]Every[/name_f] single time.

Also [name_f]Molly[/name_f] and people usually assume my dead full name is [name_f]Margaret[/name_f], which it is not.

1 Like