Names you hate

What names are in your BOTTOM ten, the names you cant stand???
[name]Just[/name] wondering…

These are the ones that make me cringe when I see them…sorry if this offends anyone.
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Agatha[/name]
[name]Agnes[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Harriet[/name]
[name]Paloma[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Cornelia[/name]
[name]Meliah[/name]
[name]Peyton[/name]

I hope Im not overstepping my bounds by saying this since Im not a moderator or anything like that but there is a thread in the “talk about names forum” that discusses names you cant stand and I think thats the best place to vent these sort of lists. Technically this forum is for discussing baby names people are considering and to give feedback instead of just listing names you hate.

Again I apologize if I am overstepping my bounds, the “names you cant stand” thread is pretty interesting and I admit to bring up a few names myself, so maybe it would be a good place for you to post!

[name]Mackenzie[/name] - and any other spelling variant. I think it sounds hideous.

[name]Arabella[/name]- I find it overly frilly and trite.

[name]Ottilie[/name]- I think it sounds ridiculous in English

[name]Kinley[/name]/[name]Brinley[/name] or anything else with ley slapped on the back.

[name]Olivia[/name]- I’ve just never like the name, and it’s current popularity just makes it worse. I love the character though, she’s adorable.

[name]Bloodrayne[/name]

[name]Madison[/name]/[name]Addison[/name]

[name]Pandora[/name]- Why would you name your child after something so negative?

[name]Sydney[/name]- Can’t stand the sound. I’ve disliked this name since I was a kid

[name]Sylvia[/name]- sylvie, any variant really. I just don’t get it.

[name]Bianca[/name]. The sound of it triggers my gag reflex.

(in no particular order)

1. [name]Clementine[/name]
  2. [name]Jessamine[/name]
  3. [name]Rogue[/name] (this is not a name!! It makes me irrationally angry, lol)
  4. [name]Evangeline[/name]
  5. [name]Elle[/name]
  6. [name]Bailey[/name]
  7. [name]Paisley[/name]
  8. [name]Nevaeh[/name]
  9. [name]Tallulah[/name]
  10. [name]Zooey[/name] (every time I see that actress, I call her zoo-ee)

[name]Hortense[/name]-Any name that has the potential for your child to be nicknamed Hore should be avoided at all costs.
[name]Bertha[/name]-
[name]Gertrude[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Mackenzie[/name]
[name]Stephanie[/name]
[name]Leslie[/name]
[name]Berenice[/name]
[name]Mildred[/name]
worst of the worst-[name]Deidre[/name]

[name]Jasmine[/name] - It’s not a bad name, but it just drives me crazy.
[name]Gertrude[/name]
[name]Atticus[/name]
[name]Adair[/name]
[name]Payton[/name]
Pistol - I played soccer with a girl named Pistol when I was 6.

[name]Naomi[/name] and [name]Nevaeh[/name]. I can’t think of any others, right now that I can’t stand as much as those two. They both kind of make me go cross-eyed, lol, I just can’t see their appeal at all, even though I’ve known several lovely Naomis.

I don’t like any of the names that were popular around the mid-nineties when I was born. Especially [name]Madison[/name], [name]Sarah[/name], [name]Claire[/name], [name]Emily[/name], [name]Chloe[/name] and [name]Jessica[/name]. I also can’t stand [name]Penelope[/name] or [name]Nevaeh[/name]. There are not many boys names I absolutely can’t stand…there’s just a select few that I actually like.

hahaha
my name is [name]Jasmine[/name], I hate it too!!

For some reason I’ve always had an aversion to [name]Samantha[/name] and [name]Amanda[/name]. I think it’s the “man” sound that I don’t like.

Georgia[/name]]Oooh! [name]Amanda[/name] is another one! [name]Samantha[/name], not so much but I definitely dislike it!
I was meant to be named [name]Jasmine[/name]. I definitely don’t like it and I’m glad I was named [name]Ebony[/name], but both are way too popular for my liking.