Names you hate

Derek, [name_m]Damon[/name_m], [name_u]Dean[/name_u]…I just don’t like the sound

1 Like

Girl names I dislike:
[name_f]Yvonne[/name_f] (idk if it’s really popular in my area but I always have horrible interactions with girls named [name_f]Yvonne[/name_f]/ [name_f]Evonne[/name_f])
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f]
[name_f]Jezebel[/name_f]
[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] (bad personal association)
[name_u]Kimberly[/name_u]
[name_f]Jennifer[/name_f]
[name_f]Desiree[/name_f]
[name_f]Vanessa[/name_f] (bad personal association)
[name_f]Ursula[/name_f] (love [name_f]Ursa[/name_f] though)
[name_f]Yvaine[/name_f]
[name_f]Ysabel[/name_f] (fine, all girl names starting with Y)
[name_f]Raquel[/name_f]
[name_f]Maddison[/name_f]

Boy names I dislike:
[name_m]Ethan[/name_m]
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m]
[name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]Donald[/name_m]
[name_m]Derek[/name_m]
[name_m]Matt[/name_m]
[name_m]Egbert[/name_m]
[name_m]Albert[/name_m]

Names I could never imagine using because they’re so overused:
*Sarah
[name_f]Anna[/name_f]
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Emily[/name_f]
John
[name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_m]Mark[/name_m]
[name_m]Matt[/name_m]
[name_u]Chris[/name_u]
[name_m]Stephen[/name_m]

Names I truly dislike are generally super trendy names:
Anything ending in “leigh”, “yn”, “ayden”, any name with an unnecessary “x”, etc.

1 Like

Names I don’t really like are presidents names or last names of celebrities I think they are trendy. Like [name_u]Kennedy[/name_u], [name_u]Reagan[/name_u], [name_f]Anniston[/name_f], [name_m]Beckham[/name_m].

Also names ending in Ley like [name_u]Paisley[/name_u], [name_f]Kylie[/name_f] nothing wrong w them just not my style.

Names on everyone’s list that I don’t get are [name_m]Bodie[/name_m], [name_u]Juniper[/name_u], [name_m]Silas[/name_m], [name_u]Lennon[/name_u] they just seem meh.

1 Like

I don’t want to offend anyone. These names just aren’t my style.

Phoebe: I don’t know why I don’t like it, I just don’t
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]: I do not like the imagery that I associate with this name
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u]: overused
Value names ([name_f]Felicity[/name_f], [name_f]Patience[/name_f], etc): I feel like it makes it so your kid has a lot to live up to. Like they have to be happy, they have to be patient, etc.
[name_f]Sienna[/name_f]/Sierra: I don’t know why I don’t like it, I just don’t

Edwin: this name is just pure old man, I don’t get why people like it
[name_m]Edmund[/name_m]: all I can think of is the character from [name_f]Narnia[/name_f] who symbolizes [name_m]Judas[/name_m]
[name_u]Liam[/name_u]: way way wayyy too popular
[name_u]Sydney[/name_u]/Sidney: (for a boy and a girl) I find the sounds unappealing, plus [name_m]Sid[/name_m] reminds me of the character from Ice Age
[name_m]Xavier[/name_m]: knew a kid with this name who was very annoying
[name_m]Roland[/name_m]: I don’t know why I don’t like it, I just don’t
[name_m]Rhett[/name_m]: it sounds so abrupt and harsh
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u]/Madison/any popular girl name used on a boy: I feel like you’re just setting up your kid for bullying even if it was originally a boy name
[name_u]Lawrence[/name_u]: too old man for me
[name_m]Soren[/name_m]: makes me think “sore” which isn’t that great of a connotation

1 Like

I wouldn’t say I hate names unless I find them highly offensive (so names like [name_m]Aryan[/name_m] or [name_m]Adolf[/name_m] etc). But I find that I don’t like names that originate from surnames or a occupation names. Here’s my list and if you find a name you like on here I’m very sorry, there’s nothing wrong with the name per se it’s just not my style!

Parker
[name_m]Foster[/name_m]
[name_u]Lincoln[/name_u]
[name_m]Dalton[/name_m]
[name_u]Tanner[/name_u]
[name_m]Colton[/name_m]
[name_u]Shelby[/name_u]
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] - I watched an episode of [name_m]Graham[/name_m] [name_m]Norton[/name_m] where he’s looking up silly names in the phone book and finds [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] Bumgarden and asks “now what were her parents thinking!” It just sounds too much like I-feel-ya
[name_f]Michaela[/name_f] - really dislike the meh and kay sound of it and the fact that it’s just [name_u]Michael[/name_u] with an a at the end
[name_f]Kayla[/name_f] - again I really dislike the [name_u]Kay[/name_u] sound, doesn’t look like a real name
[name_f]Siobhan[/name_f] - I dislike the Shi/Sha and [name_m]Von[/name_m] sounds