Names you haven't heard or thought of in years

[name_f]Jacqui[/name_f] came to mind today and I was so surprised by it because I knew 2 Jacqui’s quite well growing up, but we lost contact over the years and I was surprised I haven’t heard the name much since them.

What forgotten names take you by surprise? I wouldn’t use these myself, but maybe someone else would.

1 Like

I overheard a little girl being called [name_u]Shannon[/name_u] the other day -hadn’t heard that in a while but I went to school with a few.

1 Like

I recently came across the name [name_u]Shan[/name_u] again. Years ago I knew a boy named [name_u]Shan[/name_u], but J hadn’t thought or heard of it much since!

2 Likes

The name Dajah! There’s a girl in my class called Dajah, a name I haven’t heard since my fad worked at the last company he did, when I was a toddler.

3 Likes

[name_f]Stephanie[/name_f], [name_f]Tanya[/name_f], [name_u]Bradley[/name_u], [name_u]Kieran[/name_u], [name_f]Liliana[/name_f], [name_f]Kirsty[/name_f].
All kids I went to school with and I’d forgotten about their names until I thought back to who I knew as a child when I saw the title. Haven’t come across people with most of those names in years.

2 Likes

[name_f]Marina[/name_f]. It was the name of a character in a cartoon I loved when I was a kid, and I loved the name as well, but eventually, as I grew older, I liked it less and less because it had an unappealing feminine twang for me, up to the point where I forgot about the name altogether. Now, several years later, it’s back on my mind with the singer and I’ve grown to like the name again and appreciate its femininity (as well as its ocean-related meaning).

3 Likes

I also recently remembered a school friend named [name_f]Shannyn[/name_f] and I hadn’t thought of that name in years

2 Likes

Oh I do like [name_f]Marina[/name_f] :slight_smile: I didn’t know any growing up but I met a lovely Quebecois girl with this name a few years ago and it put it on my radar

Today I saw [name_m]Kenneth[/name_m] - another forgotten name for me. I knew a [name_m]Kenneth[/name_m] and a [name_m]Kenny[/name_m] in school. And of course thinking of the name made me think of [name_m]Ken[/name_m] the doll and then [name_f]Barbie[/name_f] (Barbara) also came to mind.