Names you like but cannot have...

I have my lists of names for both boys and girls but they are lacking several names that I love but cannot use. Podt the names you love and why you can’t use it:

[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] - SILs name
[name_f]Stella[/name_f] - SILs dogs name, lol!
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] - close friends daughters name

[name_u]Ruby[/name_u] - doesn’t work with surname
[name_f]Caitlin[/name_f] - [name_m]SIL[/name_m]'s name
[name_f]Rebecca[/name_f] - S/O’s aunt
[name_f]Megan[/name_f] - my cousin (it might be a little weird?)
[name_f]Alyssa[/name_f] - S/O’s ex
[name_f]Jordanna[/name_f] - close to S/O’s ex

[name_u]Dylan[/name_u] - ex’s name

[name_f]Isabella[/name_f] - niece’s name
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] - my dog is called [name_f]Tilly[/name_f]
[name_u]Riley[/name_u] - step-niece’s name, spelled [name_u]Rylee[/name_u] though
[name_u]Noah[/name_u] - nephew’s name
[name_f]Keira[/name_f] - sister’s name

[name_f]Lena[/name_f]: too close to my ridiculous [name_m]SIL[/name_m]'s name (lisa)
[name_f]Aria[/name_f]: sort of rhymey with my surname
any [name_u]Lou[/name_u]- name: dad is [name_m]Louis[/name_m], we have a rocky past even though things are getting better, but family would throw an absolute fit
[name_f]Beth[/name_f]: [name_f]MIL[/name_f]'s middle name…if any relative names get used, we are trying to avoid those of living relatives
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]: might be able to use it, but DH isn’t sold (so likely a no)
[name_f]Leah[/name_f]: one of my sisters has already mentioned liking this, so I gave it up
[name_f]Savannah[/name_f]: one of DH’s ex’s name…that wouldn’t make me dislike the name, but it does render it unusable, in DH’s opinion

[name_m]Mack[/name_m], [name_u]Brennan[/name_u], [name_u]Evan[/name_u] and [name_m]Frank[/name_m]

[name_f]Alessa[/name_f] (too close to niece’s name), [name_f]Callie[/name_f] (someone DH doesn’t like), [name_f]Saoirse[/name_f] (DH doesn’t like- this breaks my heart), [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] ([name_m]BIL[/name_m] name), [name_u]Easton[/name_u] ([name_m]SIL[/name_m] named nephew [name_m]Weston[/name_m] and I think it’d be too cheesy).

[name_f]Esperanza[/name_f]: too matchy with last name
[name_f]Gabriella[/name_f]: ex bf has a daughter with this name
[name_f]Jasmine[/name_f]: way too popular

[name_m]Daniel[/name_m]: nephew’s name
[name_m]Antonio[/name_m]: [name_m]BIL[/name_m]'s name
[name_m]Alejandro[/name_m]: another [name_m]BIL[/name_m]'s name

[name_m]Declan[/name_m]- doesn’t work with surname
[name_u]Tristan[/name_u]- friend’s son’s name
[name_u]Sterling[/name_u]- middle name of [name_m]SIL[/name_m]'s shitty ex-husband
[name_m]Vaughn[/name_m]- name of SO’s horrible ex boss
[name_u]Carter[/name_u]- name of SO’s cousin’s son & a close friend’s son
[name_f]Saskia[/name_f]- (see my location)
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]- too popular, & then the princess was given this name

There are more, but these were the first that came to mind.

[name_f]Viviana[/name_f]/[name_f]Oriana[/name_f]: niece’s name ends in the same sound
[name_f]Ada[/name_f]/Ylva/[name_f]Eva[/name_f]: cousin has a daughter named [name_f]Ava[/name_f]
[name_f]Veronica[/name_f]: bio grandma
[name_f]Nina[/name_f]: every one I’ve met has been a bully
[name_m]Laszlo[/name_m]/[name_m]Leo[/name_m]/[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]: surname ends in the same sound
[name_m]Alistair[/name_m]: Family friend’s name; guy leans too far right for me to feel comfortable
[name_m]Eli[/name_m]: family friend’s name
[name_m]Malachi[/name_m]: the ending sound is the name of a friend’s son

Literally ALL the names I like! I live in Greece and here we are only allowed to be given Saints’ names, and Greek names that is. The only Greek name I can think of that I like is [name_f]Maya[/name_f] (pronounced MAH-ya)

Any variation of [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] - An ex of my uncle was called [name_f]Isabel[/name_f], I don’t think my uncle would mind, but for that makes it pretty unusable.
[name_m]Simon[/name_m] - A guy I used to be in love with,but who didn’t feel the same way about me.
[name_f]Nina[/name_f] - a girl who used to bully me
[name_f]Lea[/name_f]/[name_f]Leah[/name_f] - Another girl who used to bully me
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] - a boy I used to babysit - we were quiet close, so it would feel awkward
[name_m]Felix[/name_m] - My grandparents have a dog who goes by this name, also if I’d been a boy my parents would have called me [name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] - there are to many bad memories connected to that name
[name_m]Eric[/name_m]- my grandmother’s name is [name_f]Erika[/name_f] and I don’t like to use honor names for people who are still alive
[name_f]Lena[/name_f] or any variation - I know too many unpleasant people who go by that name. Which is very unfortunate, because I love [name_f]Helena[/name_f] and the nn [name_f]Leni[/name_f]. But I won’t be able to use those - it would never stop being weird.

[name_m]Bronson[/name_m]
[name_m]Hardy[/name_m]
[name_m]Vance[/name_m]
[name_m]Victor[/name_m]
[name_u]Dean[/name_u]
[name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_m]Amias[/name_m]

[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_u]Harper[/name_u]
[name_f]Viola[/name_f]
[name_f]Olive[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]

[name_f]Every[/name_f] name in my signature, really. I live in a Spanish speaking country and all of them would sound weird, to say the least

[name_f]Veronica[/name_f]: last name is [name_u]Kendall[/name_u], the double ‘k’ sound is weird
[name_f]Claudia[/name_f]: husband insists it sounds like chlamydia
[name_f]Aoife[/name_f]: spelling difficulties, but could still be used

[name_m]Samuel[/name_m]: niece’s name is [name_f]Samantha[/name_f]
[name_m]Gage[/name_m]: husband doesn’t like the way he thinks of the word gauge
[name_m]Simon[/name_m]: can’t use with [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], too chipmunk-y lol

Girls -

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f], [name_f]Ella[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]: - my niece’s name is [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f], [name_f]Amelie[/name_f]: niece’s name is [name_f]Emily[/name_f]
[name_u]Wren[/name_u]: the name my dog already had when I adopted her
[name_f]Lyra[/name_f]: a lot of people mispronounce it
[name_u]Bryce[/name_u]: bad association
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u]/[name_f]Vivia[/name_f]: my cousin has a daughter named [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] ‘[name_f]Vivi[/name_f]’
a lot of names I like are too foreign sounding for an American kid to pull off

Boys -

[name_u]Max[/name_u]: my brother’s dog (also too popular, even though I love longer version [name_m]Maxim[/name_m])
[name_u]Oberon[/name_u]: I have tried nephew named [name_u]Owen[/name_u], plus it might be too unusual
[name_u]Percy[/name_u]: people might call him ‘prissy,’ plus I can’t shake the connection to the [name_u]Percy[/name_u] [name_m]Jackson[/name_m] books

[name_u]Reeve[/name_u]
[name_m]Rhett[/name_m]
[name_m]Thaddeus[/name_m] nn [name_m]Tad[/name_m]
[name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] nn [name_u]Larkin[/name_u]
Joule (middle)
[name_f]Vera[/name_f]

…all vetoed

[name_f]Marisol[/name_f]
[name_f]Paloma[/name_f]
[name_f]Anjali[/name_f]

…avoiding cultural appropriation

[name_f]Verity[/name_f], [name_f]Felicity[/name_f], [name_f]Amelie[/name_f], [name_f]Amoret[/name_f]…too close to my name

[name_f]Hypatia[/name_f] would be awesome if only it sounded a little better to my ear