Names you like for others VS names you like for yourself

Not renaming myself or having kids, just nerd.

So I’ve noticed there are two categories of names I like, and this is pretty damn groundbreaking for me because I was never able to tell the difference. There are names I like for kids, and then names I would like to be called.

Names I like for kids (that I probably won’t have XD) are in my signature. But when I ask myself if I’d want any of those names, if I could see myself wearing those names, I think no. In theory I love the name [name_f]Ava[/name_f] for example and it’d be on my kid list if it weren’t so popular, but I couldn’t ever see myself as being comfortable in the name [name_f]Ava[/name_f].

Names I would like to be called: [name_u]Avery[/name_u], [name_m]Miller[/name_m], [name_u]Emery[/name_u], [name_u]Bailey[/name_u], [name_m]Merrick[/name_m], [name_u]Adair[/name_u], [name_u]Rowan[/name_u], [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u], [name_u]Logan[/name_u], [name_u]Arley[/name_u], [name_u]Morgan[/name_u], most surprisingly to me, [name_m]Felix[/name_m].

I know [name_m]Felix[/name_m] is a boys name and I’d never use it on a girl (in fact I’d despise it on a girl), but I like it for me since… it feels comfy and my brain is pretty odd. Same goes for [name_u]Bailey[/name_u] and [name_u]Logan[/name_u], I despise the names themselves but they feel comfy to me if that makes sense.

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you see any patterns in self-perception? Does anyone else get this? What are names you like for yourself, and what names do you like on others?

Anyone? I am certain I am not that unusual.

Mmhm. We already know our personality and can easily (?) see/feel what fits. I can use some of the names on my signature for myself, but for the rest? Definitely not. I am certainly not a [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] or [name_f]Valentina[/name_f], for example, and I’d love to use those names for a possible future kids.

I’m not really able to make the distinction when I look at names but my dad sometimes calls me [name_f]Helena[/name_f] (Hel-lay-na) and told me that if he’d thought of it when I was born I’d probably be called [name_f]Helena[/name_f] and while I’d actually prefer [name_f]Helena[/name_f] to [name_f]Helen[/name_f] if I was nameing a child, I don’t think [name_f]Helena[/name_f] suits me at all. I think it’s definatley to do with the fact that if we were nameing ourselves we are much more focused on what names suit us whereas nameing children is much more focused on names we like.