Names you liked when you were younger...

A little while ago, while searching for the perfect name, I came across some old notebooks of mine from school that has stories I wrote as a child. When I was a child, my favorite names were:

[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Annie[/name]
Cindel/[name]Cyndall[/name]/Sindel/Syndall (from the Ewoks)
[name]Cindella[/name] (SIN-deh-la)
Avonlea
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Liesel[/name]
[name]Hobbs[/name]

Later on I know I liked names that were boy names for girls:
[name]Ryanne[/name]
[name]Avery[/name]
[name]Evanne[/name]

And remember at some point in high school I thought these were awesome names:
[name]Brittany[/name] [name]Ashton[/name]
[name]Brooklyn[/name] [name]Jordan[/name]
[name]Brianna[/name] [name]Morgan[/name]

In college I wanted to name my children
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Emily[/name] [name]Grace[/name]

but by the time I had my first child, I felt that those names were too popular, outdated, weird or “what was I thinking?”??

I laugh now at how much my taste have changed through the years and still wonder how much I will like my daughter’s names in 30 years… There are very few names that I would still consider on my lists… A few, I could still use… But will I look back and think then, like I do now, “[name]Ryanne[/name] [name]Avery[/name]??? [name]Brooklyn[/name] [name]Jordan[/name]?? [name]Brittany[/name] [name]Ashton[/name]???”

What were some of your names you liked when you were young?

Great topic! :slight_smile:

I’ve always been a classic/vintage name person, mostly because I didn’t like my first or middle names. (I wrote a blog here about it that [name]Pam[/name] titled “Name [name]Shame[/name].”)

I loved and had dolls named:

[name]Annabelle[/name]/[name]Anne[/name] (inspired by [name]Anne[/name] of [name]Green[/name] Gables and [name]Annie[/name])
[name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Cora[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Celia[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] (I loved My Fair Lady)
[name]Grace[/name] ([name]Little[/name] House on the [name]Prairie[/name])
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Jane[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Rose[/name] ([name]Little[/name] House on the [name]Prairie[/name])
[name]Victoria[/name]

My favorite boys’ names have always been [name]Henry[/name], [name]Oliver[/name], [name]Edward[/name] (family name), and [name]Nathaniel[/name] (familiy name), as well as [name]Charles[/name], [name]Leo[/name], [name]Gabriel[/name], and [name]Theodore[/name].

I remember having one boy doll when I was little, and I named him [name]Andrew[/name].

I remember a brief time in 6th grade when I wanted to be called [name]Samantha[/name], like [name]Samantha[/name] from “Who’s the [name]Boss[/name]?”. I also recall a phase I went through in about 8th grade or so, when I loved the name [name]Jordan[/name] from “The Great [name]Gatsby[/name].” This was years before [name]Jordan[/name] was popular, though.:slight_smile:

:slight_smile:

I’ve always loved [name]Annie[/name] (as a nickname) for a girl.

I also used to love:
[name]Kayla[/name]
[name]Tilly[/name]
[name]Pierre[/name] (for a girl ?!?!?)
[name]Mylie[/name]
[name]Ellie[/name] (still love this as a nickname)
[name]Kelsey[/name]
[name]Isabella[/name] (I used to want to change my name to this… Haha)

[name]Ricky[/name]
[name]Eric[/name]
[name]Keegan[/name]
[name]Ezekiel[/name] (because I loved the nickname [name]Zeke[/name] for some reason…)
[name]Luke[/name] (still love this name)
[name]Dakota[/name]

Some names I look at and wonder where the hell I got them from… A few I look at and like. I loved the name [name]Tilly[/name] for the longest time, too. And now I think it’s quite horrid.

[name]Jill[/name],

My love for [name]Annie[/name] and [name]Anne[/name] and Avonlea also came from my love of [name]Anne[/name] of [name]Green[/name] Gables and [name]Annie[/name]. Ha, most of my names were from movies I loved…

I remember when I really thought [name]Jordan[/name] was a really cool name (before it was popular) and I also wanted to be named [name]Samantha[/name] too at one point (before it became so popular). There was a conversation I remember in 2nd grade that we had at the lunch table where we were all giving ourselves new names. I wanted to be [name]Samantha[/name] or [name]Kirsten[/name]! (American Girls, anyone?) I loved [name]Samantha[/name], [name]Kirsten[/name], [name]Molly[/name], [name]Felicity[/name] and all of their friends names…

You’re an [name]Anne[/name] of [name]Green[/name] Gables fan, too? Woo-hoo! :slight_smile: Despite the popularity of [name]Belle[/name] names, I just can’t let go of [name]Annabelle[/name] yet!

Your lunch table scenario made me laugh, because in 6th grade, we were sitting around adopting names from T.V. shows. One friend took [name]Samantha[/name], another took [name]Kate[/name], and I was left with [name]Allie[/name] from [name]Kate[/name] and [name]Allie[/name].

I went through a HUGE [name]Molly[/name] phase, too, and named my stuffed monkey [name]Molly[/name]. ([name]Molly[/name]'s brother was named [name]Marvin[/name] the Monkey. I don’t know what I was thinking when I named dear [name]Marv[/name], but I’ll let it slide because I was only four-years-old.) :slight_smile:

What were the movies from which you got your names? (I can’t see your post from here, so I’m sorry if the movies are obvious.)

You’re an [name]Anne[/name] of [name]Green[/name] Gables fan, too? Woo-hoo! :slight_smile: Despite the popularity of [name]Belle[/name] names, I just can’t let go of [name]Annabelle[/name] yet!

Your lunch table scenario made me laugh, because in 6th grade, we were sitting around adopting names from T.V. shows. One friend took [name]Samantha[/name], another took [name]Kate[/name], and I was left with [name]Allie[/name] from [name]Kate[/name] and [name]Allie[/name].

I went through a HUGE [name]Molly[/name] phase, too, and named my stuffed monkey [name]Molly[/name]. ([name]Molly[/name]'s brother was named [name]Marvin[/name] the Monkey. I don’t know what I was thinking when I named dear [name]Marv[/name], but I’ll let it slide because I was only four-years-old.) :slight_smile:

What were the movies from which you got your names? (I can’t see your post from here, so I’m sorry if the movies are obvious.)

:-)[/quote]

Lol!! Hilarious. :-). Your [name]Kate[/name] and [name]Allie[/name] lunch made me laugh. I remember being SOOOO proud when that show was on air.

I just went back and read your blog “Name [name]Shame[/name]” and learned all about [name]Marvin[/name] the Monkey :-). I have name shame of my middle name, too. Its not a horrible name, but you can tell withing 3 years as to when I was born. My parents were going to reverse my name, Middle name first, then [name]Kate[/name], up until the day I was born. I am so grateful they switched it on my birthday! When I entered my teens, I began really loving my name and the classic feeling it had. Also, I loved the associations that came with it: [name]Kate[/name] Hepburn, [name]Kate[/name] the Great, [name]Kate[/name] in Taming the Shrew (yes she was a B, but a misunderstood one…lol), then later [name]Kate[/name] [name]Winslet[/name] and [name]Hudson[/name]… Also a reason I dislike my middle… However, to me its backlashing a little bit since there are SO MANY now!! I think that this is why I lean towards classic/vintage names, too.

The movie names:
[name]Annie[/name] - [name]Annie[/name]
Cindel/[name]Cyndall[/name]/Sindel/Syndall- Ewoks Adventure
[name]Cindella[/name] (SIN-deh-la)- Variation of Cindel (and a little [name]Cinderella[/name])
Avonlea - [name]Anne[/name] of [name]Green[/name] Gables
[name]Scarlett[/name] - Gone with the Wind… I also liked [name]Bonnie[/name] and [name]Melanie[/name] for awhile
[name]Liesel[/name] - Sound of [name]Music[/name], also liked [name]Gretel[/name]
[name]Hobbs[/name] - Boy’s name from The Natural - [name]Roy[/name] [name]Hobbs[/name]

I think I am still picking names from movies that I liked. [name]Adelaide[/name] is in [name]Anne[/name] of [name]Green[/name] Gables. As is [name]Emmeline[/name]. [name]Dorothy[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] are family names, but I decided that I would use them after watching another round of [name]Wizard[/name] of [name]Oz[/name] and A League of their Own. [name]Violet[/name], I didn’t think I could use growing up, bc even this person wasn’t crazy about their name and the bad connotation from [name]Willie[/name] Wonka. A friend of mine had named their daughter an “ette” name and I thought it was so cute on their baby, that it reopened the doors to [name]Violet[/name] for me.

[name]Charlotte[/name]: [name]Charlotte[/name] is one of those names I also have liked off and on my whole life…
I had an Aunt [name]Lottie[/name] that used to scare me, but a friend that was named that and was sweet as can be. We named a cookie after her that we still bake and call “[name]Charlotte[/name]'s” today. [name]Charlotte[/name]'s [name]Web[/name]. And then Sex and the City. [name]Kristin[/name] [name]Davis[/name] made it so uptown!

Your name is [name]Kate[/name]? I’m SO jealous! What a great name!

Thanks for reading my blog. :slight_smile: [name]Marvin[/name] the Monkey was the greatest! He was a life-sized monkey, and looked completely real. I used to take him, his sister, [name]Molly[/name], and my favorite doll, [name]Anne[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] (nn [name]Annie[/name]), everywhere! (I used to seatbelt them when I drove in a car.) :slight_smile:

Have you seen the [name]Anne[/name] of [name]Green[/name] Gables movies? I love them! The [name]Anne[/name] books (and movies) are where I found [name]Emmeline[/name], [name]Cordelia[/name], and [name]Blythe[/name], too. :slight_smile:

The Sound of [name]Music[/name] is my all-time favorite movie, and that’s where I first heard one of my favorite names, [name]Louisa[/name]. I always thought that [name]Brigitta[/name] was a beautiful name, too, but the character insulted [name]Maria[/name]'s dress in the beginning, so she was my least favorite character.

I totally forgot about [name]Dottie[/name] in A League of Their Own! I loved that movie, as well as the main song.

About that [name]Kate[/name] and [name]Allie[/name] lunch… One friend took [name]Samantha[/name] faster than I could blink, and then the other zoomed in on [name]Kate[/name] before I could say anything. We had those TV names for the entire year, and whenever I’d be called [name]Allie[/name], I’d think to myself, “I was supposed to be [name]Kate[/name].”

I never saw the Ewok movie, but it must have been good for you to have loved the name.

As for Gone With the Wind, that’s when I began loving the name [name]Vivien[/name]/[name]Vivienne[/name].

I also think I started liking [name]Sally[/name] after When [name]Harry[/name] Met [name]Sally[/name].

My love of all things [name]Annie[/name] also traces back to the musical and the movie.

I love the name [name]Charlotte[/name], too. You know, you’ve got some seriously great names in your family tree!

LOL “I was supposed to be [name]Kate[/name]…” Too funny. That reminds me of this time in kindergarten when there were two Katies and one [name]Kate[/name] (me) in class. Now, from infancy, I have always disliked it when people whose name is [name]Katherine[/name] go by [name]Kate[/name] or [name]Katie[/name] (though I understand why). Anyways, my teacher asked us to pick a word that rhymed with our names because we were writing poems… The [name]Katie[/name]'s decided to change their names real quick to [name]Kate[/name] to make it easier… So all the words were taken up… Eight, gate, state, late, date… and then when it was my turn to pick my words, the ones that were left were bait and mate or something like that and I remember how sad I was and wanting to cry because "I was supposed to be [name]Kate[/name]… "

Of course I have seen [name]Anne[/name] (with an E) of [name]Green[/name] Gables!! Everytime I hear [name]Cordelia[/name] I think of how much she liked it. [name]Marilla[/name] is even growing on me. [name]Emmeline[/name] and [name]Adelaide[/name]… [name]Ruby[/name] and [name]Jane[/name]… Some great names were in that movie!

I also am drawn to the [name]Jane[/name] [name]Austen[/name] names.

[name]LOVE[/name] When [name]Harry[/name] Met [name]Sally[/name]!!! I wonder why [name]Sally[/name] is not more popular?? I have only known one [name]Sally[/name] that was my age and I always thought it was the coolest name, because to my/our generation, it really was rare.

Hey cafeteria love-fest! My role-play tended to be [name]Charlie[/name]'s Angels, and I got to be [name]Jill[/name] because I was the blonde one. A bunch of kids from the neighborhood, we’d play some version of house called “Island” like Gilligan’s island and we made up names, so like if I were Mrs. [name]Howell[/name]-type, I’d pick a name that sounded wealthy, like [name]Daphne[/name] or [name]Penelope[/name], for example, and my bestie and I played “Jewelry Store” and I would actually take the name of the actress who played Mrs. [name]Howell[/name], [name]Natalie[/name]. Not that I was in love with any of those names, but I digress. Oh, before I forget, I remember my sister and her friends picking out “[name]Golden[/name] Girls” names once. Someone was [name]Mavis[/name].

I started making lists when my mom took out the book to name my younger sister. Before that time, I was already starting. My first role-play (just house, or occasionally, mansion) name that I always picked was [name]Sally[/name]. I think I went with [name]Patricia[/name] if we were playing mansion. I thought [name]Sally[/name] was a great and pretty name, and [name]Patricia[/name] sounded important and rich. As I got more sophisticated, lol, I noticed that feminized names sounded very long and posh. [name]Henrietta[/name] Pussycat was a huge influence, as was [name]Bernadette[/name] Peters. I wanted curly hair and to sing and dance and be adorable like her. She is still so awesome. I don’t remember her, but our neighbor children before we moved included a girl named [name]Lenore[/name], a name I liked a lot at the time and hadn’t thought in all the years of again until recently.

-------this line represents the beginning of the missing years-------

I know I consulted the baby name book a lot. I can’t say I read much as a child, not to fall in love with a name. I did try to cast myself into books though. I read a book called “[name]Carlota[/name]” and remember deliberating heavily over what my Spanish name would be. I think I came up with [name]Elisa[/name].

TV was a huge influence, but I can’t really remember liking a lot of names from it. It might have been too much of the [name]Laverne[/name] and [name]Shirley[/name], I [name]Love[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] and everyone had oldie names and I liked names more like my peers had. And then I started making lists for real.
-----------------these have been the missing years----------

A lot of the names that have come and gone or are just now getting their due were some of my favorites well ahead of schedule and subsequently revisit the lists and shake my head - what was I thinking!? Unfortunately, I have destroyed every list. Fortunately, I have a good memory.

I remember liking the name [name]Angelica[/name] a lot and then preferring [name]Angelique[/name]. So French. And [name]Wilhelmina[/name], so… SO. Also [name]Francine[/name].

This also brings up some idea that some feminizations weren’t as apparent to me if it was too altered from the root male name, as well as having a distinct period where I was completely unaware of what some of my (mostly male) peers’ full names were, like [name]Frank[/name], [name]Billy[/name], [name]Jimmy[/name]. Completely no idea.

I have at various times gone through a hippie-ish phase where I was enthralled by word names:
[name]Ocean[/name]
[name]Skye[/name]
Kite. Yes, not [name]Kate[/name]! Kite.
[name]Summer[/name]
[name]Indigo[/name]
Wendin (a little more fantasy-ish than wordly)
Maple
[name]Meadow[/name]
[name]Echo[/name]

Here are some names I thought were just too cool - those unique names that someone cool has or in the same league, who I wished I was like and if I had a cool name it would have made a difference (LOL) and project this quality vicariously through children (Warning: some of them aren’t all that jazzy in retrospect as they were just outstanding at the time):
Girls:
[name]Bridget[/name]
[name]Adrienne[/name]
[name]Zoe[/name]
[name]Aimee[/name]
[name]Claudia[/name]
[name]Anastasia[/name]
[name]Chloe[/name]
[name]Marleah[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name] -starting to see the “exoticism” in some weird place called grandma’s attic.

Boys:
[name]Zachary[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Shane[/name]
[name]Travis[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]

Really “disgusting” old or foreign names I didn’t realize at the time how uncool they were - keep in mind most of you all would have agreed 100% if you were there at the time:
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Rochelle[/name]
[name]Yvonne[/name]
[name]Helene[/name]
[name]Ariadne[/name]
[name]Annabelle[/name]
[name]Veronica[/name]
Allanna
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Jeannette[/name] or [name]Janine[/name], I could never choose!

Then some adult serious lists:
I swear I thought I “invented” or “discovered” some of these names (and proud of it too) with no outside input:
[name]Kyla[/name]
[name]Bryn[/name]
[name]Emelie[/name]
[name]Caledonia[/name]
[name]Kayleigh[/name] (that song by Marillion is still so good!)

• also quite a few of the aforementioned were serious considerations through my 20s, like [name]Bridget[/name] and [name]Zoe[/name] and [name]Amelia[/name], [name]Zachary[/name] and [name]Sebastian[/name] and [name]Travis[/name]. At some point in my teens I pseudo-plotted to run away and change my name, and I think I couldn’t decide between [name]Amelia[/name] and [name]Zoe[/name], and this factor detained me. As well sometime in my 20s, I thought I could essentially change my name for the same effect, to dissociate from my family and “start over”, inspired somewhat by my maternal grandfather.

(Also missing memories of favorite odd boy names; the boy names were always shorter and contained list of absolutely-nots like [name]Robert[/name] and [name]Peter[/name] and [name]Gabriel[/name], 2 of which I no longer have a problem with).
Enter names like [name]Hudson[/name], [name]Timothy[/name], [name]Ethan[/name], [name]Donovan[/name], 3 of which are still top 10 or so for me. I tended to calm down my ideas to mildly sensible, reading enthusiastically the Beyond [name]Jennifer[/name] and [name]Jason[/name] books for sensible choices that fit with me.

I still like what may or may not be popular choices and ever more concerned with “real” names and names spelled correctly, who sound like real people. I revel in things and names that feel the least bit historical or “retro” as they say - the quality and aesthetic appeal of things as well as names from the close and distant past really intrigue me. I’m not as concerned with unique things but more aware of personal connections through time, treasuring heirlooms and nostalgia over random antiques and other kind of old stuff (although I like those too).

Considering how many lists I’ve made and destroyed in utter embarrassment, I’ve remembered quite a few. What an interesting trip!

I had a lot of names that I liked about 10 years ago. I can’t remember most of them, but here is a few.

[name]Stephanie[/name] [name]Sue[/name]
[name]Brandi[/name] [name]Abigail[/name]

[name]Christopher[/name] [name]Leroy[/name]
[name]Alexander[/name] [name]George[/name]

I can’t remember my earliest favorites. But names I liked around the age of 14 were -

[name]Mercedes[/name]
[name]Cynthia[/name] - because of the “moon” meaning.
[name]Claudia[/name]
[name]Jasmine[/name] - I still like this name but it got way to popular. I’m really really bumbed I love the smell of [name]Jasmine[/name] and it reminds me of my grandma’s house, she had this growing in her yard.
[name]Anthony[/name] - I still like this name.
[name]Cesar[/name] - as a mn. I wouldn’t use it now but don’t think it’s horrible.
[name]Devin[/name] - means “poet”, still love it.
[name]Vaughn[/name] - as a fn.

When I was pregnant with my first child -

[name]Alexis[/name] - nn [name]Alex[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name] - for a girl or boy.
[name]Christian[/name]
[name]Mathias[/name]

She was named [name]Kira[/name] [name]Berlin[/name]

For our second daughter-

[name]Joseph[/name] - we were pretty dead set on this name I would have swore I was having a boy. There were “signs” everywhere. We had a girl. Needless to say I don’t believe in signs.
[name]Dominic[/name] - my DH’s dads name and we love it. Would have been the mn.
[name]Samantha[/name] - nn [name]Sam[/name] We had [name]Samantha[/name] [name]Rae[/name] all picked out until we changed our mind 3 weeks before she was born.
[name]Brooklyn[/name]
[name]Josie[/name]
[name]Maria[/name] - DH’s pick
[name]Alia[/name] - my pick.
[name]Malia[/name] - our compromise BUT thanks to my sister who would not let up that it reminded her of milia - little white pimples. This would have been the name.

We named her [name]Mia[/name] [name]Taylor[/name]. [name]Taylor[/name] was after my OB’s last name.

I think my current list has cycled more names than any of previous.

Oh [name]Karen[/name] it would be a dream of mine to meet some named [name]Indigo[/name].

I used to love [name]Emma[/name], [name]Kira[/name], [name]Lisa[/name] and [name]Danielle[/name] for girls and [name]Kailyn[/name] and [name]Bailey[/name] for boys. That was when I was about 9 I think.

Then I had a time when I just loved boys names and my favourites were [name]Leo[/name], [name]Andrew[/name] and [name]James[/name]. I think during that time the only girls name I was interested in was [name]Norah[/name].

Now I adore [name]Lilly[/name] and [name]Matthew[/name].

I’ve always liked classic names -

[name]Stephanie[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Madeleine[/name]
[name]Margeret[/name]
[name]Christine[/name]

[name]Peregrine[/name]
[name]Aaron[/name]
[name]Henri[/name]
[name]Louis[/name]

In 5th grade French we all had to pick a new, French name for ourselves. I was [name]Anne[/name]
I was in the SCA for about 15 years and my name there started off as [name]Cateline[/name] (an old French variant of [name]Catherine[/name]) and then I changed persona to Astriddr (the 10th century spelling of [name]Astrid[/name])

Great topic, and it leads to the assumption that we would have named our children differently if we had given birth at different times in our lives? (I was late getting married and had all six children between the ages of 36 and 43 - and I know that if I had had them when I was in my late teens or early twenties, or even late twenties, they would have completely different names now.). Does this make me fickle, I wonder? I even think now, if I had the kids today, I would not use all the same names! So it is a very interesting social issue here, guys!

I am trying to remember names I loved when I was very young. ([name]Remember[/name], I am very old) I do remember loving the names [name]Heidi[/name] and [name]Carlotta[/name] - quite exotic - and in the 60s, I really really loved the names [name]Kim[/name], [name]Judy[/name] and [name]Patsy[/name], which seemed very “American” to me, and all things American were very cool! My tastes in names are changing constantly - sometimes subtlely, sometimes dramatically (my 35 year-old self would be amazed that I now love the name [name]Edith[/name], for example, and [name]Cora[/name]!), yet my mother claims that her tastes in names have remained more or less constant. She says she would still call me [name]Ailsa[/name] today but maybe she is just humouring me.

Interesting topic.

I started getting particularly interested in names when I was eight.

I went through quite the “[name]Lynn[/name]” phase:
[name]Lynndie[/name] -Like [name]Lindy[/name], I was always writing this out on Paint to see which spelling I liked
Lucialynn -I liked the nn [name]Lucie[/name], “loo-shie”
[name]Lynna[/name] [name]Darby[/name] -There was sometihng about this I loved

I actually think I better taste at three than in third grade.

Wow! The French name reference! I remember how excited I was when we got to pick out our Spanish names! I had COMPLETELY forgotten about this:

Spanish 1: [name]Margarita[/name] (I thought I was soooo clever and funny)
Spanish 2: [name]Dorotea[/name] (Dor-roe-[name]TAY[/name]-a - I guess I liked [name]Dorothy[/name] back then too! I forgot)
Spanish 3: [name]Catalina[/name] (Still think this one is fun and cute)

GREAT topic, so much fun reading all of your posts. I remember loving the name [name]Sarah[/name] when I was around 6 years old. And I mean I loooved that name. I had two dolls named [name]Sarah[/name], a fish, and a bird. Then as I got a little older the names changed to [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Violet[/name]. I remember telling my mom that when I got old enough I was going to change my name to [name]Rose[/name] [name]Violet[/name]. :slight_smile: As I got even older I loved, [name]Isabella[/name], [name]Danielle[/name], [name]Michelle[/name], and [name]Stephanie[/name] for girls. [name]Michael[/name], [name]Zack[/name], and [name]Kevin[/name] for boys…and also [name]Elvis[/name]!!! I had the biggest crush on him growing up and would listen to my dads old music of his and get him to rent me the old [name]Elvis[/name] movies! Oh my imagine that…my kids most likely would have been: [name]Rose[/name] [name]Michelle[/name], [name]Violet[/name] [name]Isabel[/name], and [name]Elvis[/name] [name]Michael[/name]!!! :slight_smile:

[name]Kate[/name]/[name]Dot[/name]'s Mom,

Those rhyme-challenged Katies were pretty crafy to steal your [name]Kate[/name]! I empathize with you, though, and think it’s clear as day that you were robbed! :slight_smile:

I forgot about the other [name]Anne[/name] of [name]Green[/name] Gables names! There was also [name]Josie[/name] and [name]Josephine[/name]…

You mentioned [name]Katharine[/name]/[name]Kate[/name] Hepburn earlier, and I thought I’d share my useless piece of trivia for the night with you: The girl who played [name]Diana[/name] in the [name]Anne[/name] movies ([name]Schuyler[/name] [name]Grant[/name]) is [name]Katharine[/name] Hepburn’s niece (her grand-niece, actually). (And that concludes my useless trivia for the evening.) :slight_smile:

[name]Jane[/name] [name]Austen[/name] names? Absolutely! Some of my favorites: [name]Anne[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name]/[name]Eliza[/name], [name]Henry[/name], [name]Edward[/name], [name]Lydia[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Georgiana[/name], [name]Caroline[/name], and [name]Louisa[/name].

I love When [name]Harry[/name] Met [name]Sally[/name], too, and watched it last week. :slight_smile: I’m loving the name [name]Sally[/name] more and more these days… I only know of one [name]Sally[/name] my age, but her given name is [name]Sarah[/name].

It reminds me of When [name]Harry[/name] Met [name]Sally[/name] and [name]Sally[/name] [name]Field[/name], so it feels really spunky and perky to me.

I hope you’re doing well!

TOTALLY robbed! LOL. I can NOT believe I still remember that?!?!!

[name]Blythe[/name]… [name]Marilla[/name]… I think [name]Rilla[/name] is kind of cute.(Which is probably why I like [name]Amaryllis[/name] - even though I would probably never use it - I like to think that I might)… [name]Ruby[/name]… [name]Jane[/name]… and [name]Matthew[/name] was so sweet… :slight_smile:

Wow! That is cool about [name]Diana[/name]. What a random piece of trivia. Where did you hear that?

My [name]Jane[/name] [name]Austen[/name] Names: [name]Jane[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Bennett[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Lucy[/name], [name]Henry[/name], [name]Fitzwilliam[/name] (its just fun), [name]Darcy[/name], [name]Emma[/name], [name]Lucy[/name], [name]Marianne[/name], [name]Elinor[/name] and [name]Eleanor[/name], [name]Caroline[/name], [name]Isabella[/name]… She had some great names

Oh how could I forget!? I also went through a brief time in college when I loved the names [name]Arwen[/name], Eowen, [name]Orlando[/name] (lol), [name]Pippin[/name] and Galadriel! And that made me start liking [name]Bronwen[/name] too!

[name]Sally[/name] is an adorable name!

I am doing great! Thanks for asking. This pregnancy has been suprisingly easier than I thought it would be - which is totally throwing me off, since there are two. [name]Dottie[/name] and her daddy went to a baseball game tonight (one of their favorite things to do together) so I got to go shopping for the girls again! :slight_smile:

And trying to figure out what their names are going to be… Argh…

Oh! I forgot [name]Jane[/name] from my list of [name]Austen[/name] names.

I love [name]Matthew[/name] [name]Cuthbert[/name], too, and thought [name]Richard[/name] Farnsworth did a great job playing him. I really loved [name]Colleen[/name] Dewhurst as [name]Marilla[/name]. (The name [name]Marilla[/name] is growing on me, too.)

[name]Ah[/name], yes. My useless trivia. :slight_smile: I have absolutely no idea where I first learned about [name]Schuyler[/name] [name]Grant[/name]'s ties to [name]Katharine[/name] Hepburn, but it was either via Google or [name]Katharine[/name] Hepburn’s autobiography. Wait. It may also have been on the [name]Anne[/name] movie DVD. They originally wanted [name]Katharine[/name] Hepburn to play [name]Marilla[/name]. She declined, of course, but suggested her niece for a role. I have no idea why I retained this information, though!

I think I saw that you recently ranked some names higher than [name]Adelaide[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name] (I think one was [name]Emmeline[/name]), so are you moving away from those names, or just trying to decide on their middles?

I love [name]Dorothy[/name]'s name so much! [name]Reading[/name] you write about [name]Dottie[/name] at the baseball game made me smile. [name]How[/name] do people react to her name? (I’m just curious…) If I met a little [name]Dottie[/name], I’d be thrilled!