Names you Love <3, BUT don't or won't!

[name]Hi[/name]- I thought of a topic that is not names you hate or guilty pleasures. Please list any names you love or like very much, but there is some super good reason for you personally to avoid. I think we’ve already covered “but it’s so popular” or “one of my friends already used it,” so think of a better reason to avoid that name. :slight_smile:

I have 2 right now but will add more if I think of any. You can add substitutions or not:

[name]Evangeline[/name] - I’m not religious at all, and that’s so very religious. However, I’m not averse to [name]Kirsten[/name].

[name]Owen[/name] - reminds me of my debt. :frowning: I would substitute [name]Rowan[/name]!

Well I know that you said that we shouldn’t say a friend used it or something but I am going to to say some of my family’s because they are a lot of the names I like.

Anything that sounds like anna - already have a [name]Hannah[/name] and [name]Giovanna[/name] in my family
[name]Belle[/name] - cousins name is [name]Elle[/name]
[name]Izabella[/name] - my dog’s name is bella!
[name]Blakely[/name] - brother’s name is [name]Blake[/name]

I had always considered naming a daughter [name]Columbine[/name], until the shootings…

I was recently thinking how nice a name [name]Columbine[/name] would be too. :frowning: I never really thought of it for a name until this year though. What a pretty name. Hmm. :frowning:

Also, [name]Josephine[/name], for reasons:
I have really liked this name before everyone else did. Really, truly, it is from my childhood that I had some fixation with feminizations like [name]Bernadette[/name] (maybe because [name]Bernadette[/name] Peters was so adorable and on tv a lot when I was young) and [name]Henrietta[/name] ([name]Henrietta[/name] Pussycat from Mr. [name]Rogers[/name]). I don’t like those names anymore, but I always loved [name]Josephine[/name] when it would have been uncool - that may come from tv also, there was a girl on [name]Sesame[/name] [name]Street[/name] named [name]Joey[/name] and that was awesome information for me to have as a child. [name]How[/name] cool, I wished I could have a tomboy name. The boy my age who lived next door to me was [name]Joey[/name] and I think he played with me every day because my mom was actually babysitting him. :slight_smile: He was my best friend until he moved a couple miles away, around age 7 or 8.

Anyway a couple years ago, someone name [name]Josefina[/name] (pronounced like ho-sa-fee-na) made a very bad impression on me, and it was a whole spring and summer I dreaded that I would have to work with her in the fall. I try not to let personalities infect my affection for a name, but she was so bad. So very very not someone I want to remember. I know this sounds a little crazy, but because of her, if I’m buying bottled water, I get something other than Aquafina. I don’t think there are any people I dislike in my life so much as to affect my like for names or brands of water.

I still don’t have a problem with [name]Joseph[/name] for a boy. I don’t love the name [name]Fiona[/name], but if I did, I think it’s different enough that I wouldn’t mind it.

[name]Piper[/name]
[name]Wren[/name]
[name]Clover[/name]

Because I’m just a wimp! I’m too scared people might think they’re weird or label me a hippie. hehe.

Hey! I am a hippie and my kids are [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]William[/name], and [name]Wilhelmina[/name]… ya never know, I guess :wink: lol

[name]Cara[/name] - rhymes with my own name, [name]Sarah[/name]
[name]Paige[/name] - sounds like a copy center when paired with my husband’s last name ([name]Paige[/name] [name]King[/name]), plus “P [name]King[/name]” is a place in [name]China[/name] :slight_smile:

If not for its narcissistic connotations, [name]Narcissa[/name] would be one of my favorite names!

I love [name]Narcissa[/name], too!! And [name]Bellatrix[/name] for that matter…but both of those are out for obvious reasons : P