Names you love that suddenly become too popular.

I have loved the name [name]Isla[/name] for years and suddenly it’s become super popular! It still hasn’t taken off in [name]England[/name] where I live but do you think it will soon? What other names has this happened to you for, where you fall in love with a gorgeous unusual name only to find it soar in popularity before you have a baby to name!
My other favourite girls are [name]Eulalie[/name], [name]Elsie[/name] and [name]Hero[/name] and for boys it’s [name]Alfie[/name], [name]Jesse[/name] and [name]Micah[/name]. What do you think of those? Are they suddenly going to become one of ten other children in their class or might I be more lucky?

[name]Isla[/name] is cute. And I love [name]Alfie[/name], both seem to be getting really popular.

I’ve always loved [name]Lily[/name]. It’s my grandmother’s name, and it special for me. But there are a lot of little girls called [name]Lily[/name] now, which is a shame. Maybe it’ll die down by the time I have kids. We can hope! I also love [name]Gabriel[/name] and that seems to be getting pretty popular now too. Aaahhh well.

[name]Sophia[/name]…

and it’s such a shame because I love this name.

Also…any of the “[name]Bella[/name]” names.

[name]Charlotte[/name] seems to be on fire right now…if it’s not in the top 25 within the next five years, I’ll be shocked. I think it might be the next [name]Lily[/name]…and here I was hoping that it would stay quietly under the radar. Sigh.

[name]Isla[/name], definaly is becoming popular, I think because of the actress [name]Isla[/name] [name]Fisher[/name]
[name]Hudson[/name] is becomig very popular, I chose this name for my oldest child and people always looked at me a little weird, like, “why did you give your son a last name as a first name?” Now it is very, very popular.
[name]Finley[/name], of course is ever so popular. Along with [name]Harlow[/name], both lovely names.

Like most of you–[name]Lily[/name]. I absolutely love this name but now…it’s everywhere! Also [name]Audrey[/name] and [name]Isabella[/name]/[name]Isabel/name. Hopefully, by the time I have kids, they won’t be so popular!

As others have said, [name]Lily[/name] and [name]Audrey[/name]. I also have several acquaintances who within the past few months have named their daughters [name]Lydia[/name], which is a name that I’ve loved for a decade.

The most popular name among the ~1 year old daughers of my coworkers seems to be [name]Layla[/name] (or some variation in that spelling). It’s not a name that I love, but it’s interesting that there are like 5 little Laylas running around when we’re not that big of an office.

When I was little I loved the name [name]Caitlin[/name], which I first heard as one of the characters on the Canadian tv programme ‘Degrassi [name]Junior[/name] High’. I made a mental note to remember it when naming my own children in future. By the time I was in my teens I realised that it had gone the way of over popular when as a summer camp counsellor I had 3 [name]Caitlin[/name]'s in my cabin in the same week!

By the time I was naming my first daughter in 2002 it had skyrocketed to the top with a gazillion different spellings so I just couldn’t bring my self to use it as a first name so gave it a mn instead. Conveniently [name]MIL[/name] is named [name]Kathleen[/name] (which is related to ‘[name]Caitlin[/name]’) so I used that to defend my ‘popular’ choice.

I love [name]Mia[/name], [name]Sophie[/name], [name]Ava[/name], [name]Lily[/name], [name]Mathilda[/name] and [name]Zoe[/name] - all of them are more and more popular too…