Names you love...

What are some names that you love, but will never use?

I like Beowulf, but I would never use it, at least not as a first name!
[name]Love[/name] [name]Echo[/name], but I doubt I will use that one either.

[name]Love[/name] [name]Hero[/name] for a girl and [name]Hugo[/name] for a boy, but will probably never never use them in real life.

I love these names, but they are way too unknown for my DH to even consider them viable [name]IRL[/name]
Xylia
[name]Clytie[/name]
[name]Sapphire[/name]
[name]Tamsin[/name]
[name]Xavier[/name]
[name]Riordan[/name]

[name]Lavender[/name]! I just adore it, perhaps from growing up in a garden full of [name]Lavender[/name], and it sounds utterly lovely to me, and I’d like the nickname ‘[name]Livy[/name]’, but it’s probably too much as a first name.
[name]Araminta[/name]- Most people think it a bit pretentious and it doesn’t really have enough history, but I love the nickname ‘[name]Minty[/name]’.
[name]Marigold[/name] - Too hippyish as a first name I think, and not a fan of [name]Marie[/name] or [name]Goldie[/name] as nicknames.
[name]Persephone[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name] the sound of it and nickname ‘Sephy’. But well, it’s a lot of name.

[name]Caspian[/name]- Although I loved C.S [name]Lewis[/name] and think this is majestic and wonderful, it seems a bit TOO out there maybe.

[name]Lavender[/name], [name]Lilac[/name], [name]Bijou[/name], [name]Lulu[/name], [name]Coco[/name], [name]Fifi[/name], [name]Vienna[/name], [name]Story[/name], [name]Primrose[/name], [name]Lillis[/name] and [name]Polly[/name] for girls. [name]River[/name], [name]Beau[/name], [name]Orlando[/name], and [name]Romeo[/name] for boys.

I can’t really think of any that I love but wouldn’t use except for two: [name]Gypsy[/name] and [name]Astoria[/name] (nn [name]Story[/name]) for a girl.

I love the name [name]Saoirse[/name] (Sear-sha), has a softer more harmonic sound than [name]Sorcha[/name]. But…who would be able to spell it? Hopefully with the influence of actress [name]Saoirse[/name] [name]Ronan[/name], we may see it more recognisable in other countries apart from [name]Ireland[/name].

[name]Ophelia[/name], [name]Persephone[/name] and Ulysees are probably my main ones.

Oh and i love [name]Lavender[/name] as a name, think it’s really sweet and perfectly useable but i don’t like pastel colours and i really don’t like the smell of lavender so would never use it.

I love Soizic but there would be tons of prn issues in the states and everyone I know dislikes it. I love [name]Calixte[/name] but it doesnt go well with any of my real life combos.

Some of these might actually be middle names… but as first names, probably won’t happen.

[name]Amadeus[/name]
[name]Oberon[/name]
[name]Ptolemy[/name]
[name]Remus[/name]
[name]Romulus[/name]
[name]Sequoyah[/name]

[name]Persephone[/name] (don’t love nicknames, though I love the name)

[name]Delilah[/name], [name]Cain[/name]/[name]Cane[/name], [name]Wolfgang[/name] I like a fair bit, [name]Svetlana[/name] I like as well, [name]Cameron[/name], [name]Aubrey[/name] on a girl.

[name]Calypso[/name] is the one name I’ll always love for so many reasons, but never ever have the guts to use! I would call her [name]Caly[/name].

[name]Primrose[/name], [name]Fable[/name], [name]Story[/name], [name]Meadow[/name], a whole bunch of other nature names.

I do hope for the chance to use [name]Magnolia[/name] and [name]Juniper[/name] one day. Probably in the middle spot.

I love [name]Astrid[/name], but sadly hubby hates it.

I also love [name]Ebony[/name], but with our last name it’s not ideal.

[name]Ophelia[/name] …